Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2005, 12:36   #1

Accy

is it just me or is there nothing at all to to do at accy for teenagers except cinema and bowling (the cinema is cr*p)
Old 02-03-2005, 12:49   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: Accy

No it isn't just you. There is the New Era but I don't know what they have. I'm too old to be a teenager and my kids are only just getting there. They tend to go bowling or cinema or do their own thing.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 13:15   #3

I think it must be the same for most areas, it's the same in Doncaster

The most wasted day of all is that on which we have not laughed .......Sebastine Chamford
fibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 13:17   #4

Accy is a a nice place theres just nether anything to do.
Old 02-03-2005, 13:44   #5

I used to love living in Accy,

The most wasted day of all is that on which we have not laughed .......Sebastine Chamford
fibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 13:47   #6

yeh its a nice place to live. if i could alter anything though i would try and make accy shopping centre better.
Old 02-03-2005, 14:33   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke orourke 1988
is it just me or is there nothing at all to to do at accy for teenagers except cinema and bowling (the cinema is cr*p)
Thats why most of us started going round the pubs at 16 it was either that or stood on the streets bored stupid all night
Old 02-03-2005, 14:34   #8

i am 16 but i don't look me age so i can't get in anywhere its not fair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrabbit
Thats why most of us started going round the pubs at 16 it was either that or stood on the streets bored stupid all night
Old 02-03-2005, 14:47   #9
Give, give, give member

l was lucky & used to go pubbin/ clubbing when l was 13. l looked old then, & young now- guess l'm blessed!
Can't you get an i-d card with your age on Luke, must be good on the buses though?
It's always a hard time for teenagers, l agree youth clubs are a good bet, at least you'll be dry.
P.S. Accy was like a metropolis compared with Ossy when l was growing up.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 14:49   #10

well im only 16 anyway, nearley 17. so it won't make a diffrence really much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
l was lucky & used to go pubbin/ clubbing when l was 13. l looked old then, & young now- guess l'm blessed!
Can't you get an i-d card with your age on Luke, must be good on the buses though?
It's always a hard time for teenagers, l agree youth clubs are a good bet, at least you'll be dry.
P.S. Accy was like a metropolis compared with Ossy when l was growing up.
Old 02-03-2005, 16:23   #11
Member.

Oh come on now you lot, Make an effort and get out a little more. We grew up on the streets and we where never bored. At weekends we went to the flixs, then out and about all over the place, we had to make our own fun. We would go walking over the hills and go as far as we could get and still be safe come back before it got dark. We would go swimming in Nelsons Lodge or in the ponds we couldn’t always afford the Baths, plus you had more chance of catching something in accy baths. We went fishing a lot. Bike riding was popular (if you could nick one that is) “For a long time Fred was the only guy to have one that wasn’t.” My point is we didn’t have money to spare, we didn’t have play stations are anything like that we just got out and got on with it. Take a look at threads like “The Deck” and what were you made to do as a Kid. They might give you an idea of what it was like for us. I know things are different to day, but believe me if you make the effort and open your mind up a little, there loads of opportunities out there for good clean entertainment.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 21:39   #12
Resident Waffler

I remember being bored as a youngster too though, but I also remember going to Blackburn "Golden Palms" and a youth club, and going for walks up the Coppice, walking to Huncoat and then back again with my friend who lived there. Doing our own "talent shows" - probably absolutely awful but we enjoyed it.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 22:31   #13

Think its also the fact that teens get bored easier today and are to spoilt . Up until 16 i spent most my time playing footy or cycling all over the place
Old 03-03-2005, 13:39   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke orourke 1988
Accy is a a nice place theres just nether anything to do.
sorry but i seem to agree i'd rather be working
Old 03-03-2005, 13:41   #15

believe me so would i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean
sorry but i seem to agree i'd rather be working

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..