Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2007, 14:00   #31
Junior Member+

Re: Accy Red isn't AccyRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Foul language, even thinly disguised bad language, whether it is part of a narrative or not should get the author one warning and then banned if they don’t heed the warning and all their posts deleted. As for the posts containing the bad language – they should be deleted and not modified to clean them up.

Rules are pointless unless they are enforced without fear or favour.

If a current member sees that someone has registered using a user name that is too similar to their own as in the case of AccyRed and Accy Red they should lodge a complaint and if upheld the miscreant’s user name should be banned, all posts attributed to that user name deleted and that person invited to re-register with a more suitable user name. Ideally the mods should scrutinise each new registration and vet it.

I didn’t spot the difference but then I didn’t relate the user name to an actual person.

In the case of Tin Monkey and Thin Monkey – whoever registered first should retain their user name. The other user name should be banned, all the posts pertaining to that user name deleted and that person invited to re-register using a suitable user name. Registering with a similar user name has to be a deliberate act probably with mischief in mind so the outcome has to be Draconian to try and deter others.

In the past I have been vilified for insisting that people address me by my user name and not abbreviations or their own versions of it. Now you know why.
And what if your called jambutty,and you register on a site that you have been banned from,using the username cobra to cause aggro and michief what would your remedy be for that JIM
Cheekymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-08-2007, 20:31   #32
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Accy Red isn't AccyRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekymonkey View Post
And what if your called jambutty,and you register on a site that you have been banned from,using the username cobra to cause aggro and michief what would your remedy be for that JIM
This is the second time on this forum that you have accused me of being cobra on another forum. I ignored your previous puerile attempt at http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/police-getting-younger-32840.html but I have to respond to this latest slur.

Have you followed me here to try and make things awkward for me because you couldn’t best me in discussions on the other forum? Are you THAT sad a person? Obviously yes!

Present evidence that this cobra person is me or apologise for your libel and withdraw your unfounded accusation.
Old 16-08-2007, 21:20   #33
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
This is the second time on this forum that you have accused me of being cobra on another forum. I ignored your previous puerile attempt at http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/police-getting-younger-32840.html but I have to respond to this latest slur.

Have you followed me here to try and make things awkward for me because you couldn’t best me in discussions on the other forum? Are you THAT sad a person? Obviously yes!

Present evidence that this cobra person is me or apologise for your libel and withdraw your unfounded accusation.
sorry this is the first time ive said this must be somebody else as well
Cheekymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2007, 21:30   #34
white rabbits

I hope the genuine Accyred is not too unhappy about it,,,i bet she was not best pleased ,,
Old 16-08-2007, 22:32   #35
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Accyred registered 02-01-2004 (It was before this but Roy changed the dates when us oldies joined)
Accy Red registered 20-02-2006 which is 18 months ago so why wait so long before making this an issue.

Cheekymonkey and Jam Butty please take your arguement somewhere else or use the PMs.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly

Last edited by Bagpuss; 16-08-2007 at 22:35.
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2007, 12:48   #36
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Kipax this is an apology to your wife and yourself, if I had read all the thread I would have seen you did report him when he first registered but nothing was done. I haven't seen the recent posting from Accy Red so I can't comment but I can take your word and the other members who saw them.

SORRY

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..