Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2003, 17:46   #106

Post Re: Adi

Cheers Adi, I will still be there on Sunday though cheering on my boys
Old 09-10-2003, 08:10   #107
adi

it'll be good to meet you Ruud - i just hope the result goes the right way though!!
adi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 08:06   #108

let us know which team won  ;D
tracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2003, 08:09   #109
adi

well Ruud what can I say?

it was qutie comfortable in the end - to be honest though i think it was pretty obvious both teams had been out the night before, but 5 - 1 mate?

we did batter you and i believe that's a tenner you owe me now mate.
Old 13-10-2003, 08:10   #110
adi

forgot to ask whether you attended the game or not?
Old 17-10-2003, 08:10   #111

Adi, fisrtly yes I was there, I havent replied before now as I have been off work, I have pulled my knee ligamnets so out for a while now, secondly congratulations you well and truly battered us in every department, your number 4 has a big kick on him doesnt he! No complaints whatsoever we were well and truly beaten by the better team, although for out defence we had 5 regular players out. Apologies for our manager that day a bit gobby I thought and I told him after the game, also our centre forward should have been sent off foe raising his fists although your manager was a wind up merchant. Did you wear number 5? and play centre back?
Old 17-10-2003, 08:18   #112
adi

glad you where at the game - would have been nice to meet you though.

yeah i was number 5 and playing Centre-Back - although im the manager of our Club so im not sure who you mean as a wind up merchant.

as for your manager - he was a bit mouthy but he was just upset about losing, although he did approached our full-back after the game, which was out of order.
Old 17-10-2003, 08:24   #113

I know I saw that at the end, regarding your manager I was under the impression it was the older man on the touchline
Old 17-10-2003, 08:29   #114
adi

oh right - he's just one of our lads dad's.

im the manager (unfortunately)!!

tempers where flared cos it was a big game for us - we had to win to go level on points with you.

still it's gone now and there was no harm - the referee at the end of the game said he enjoy how competitive the game was!!!
Old 17-10-2003, 08:34   #115

Yeah it was a competetive game but now thats two defeats on the trot for us so we will have to play better, roebuck on sunday
Old 17-10-2003, 10:56   #116
adi

we've got the Dog Inn at Foxhill.

normally both of us would win the games quite comfortably but we've got 5 lads missing again this week and the Dog Inn are our bogey team - they've already beaten us 2 - 1 this season!!!

Old 17-10-2003, 11:19   #117

we beat roebuck 6 - 0 first game of season
Old 17-10-2003, 11:25   #118
adi

yeah they not a good side - they are currently bottom of the league.

which is surprising because they arent the worst side we've played, that would have to go to Great Harwood Rovers.

are you going down to watch?

Old 17-10-2003, 11:27   #119

Yeah Ill be there to watch, we are playing at Wilsons, were are you playing?
Old 17-10-2003, 11:32   #120
adi

we are back at Foxhill - third time in four weeks.

cant complain though cos the pitches are decent and if Memorial was fit we would have been up there!!!

i just hope that the Griffins Head slip up and both of us go up instead - i really enjoy playing against your team cos its also a battle and both sides care so much.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..