Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2003, 13:37   #1

Post Adi

Do you play in Saturday or Sunday league?

We have a team in Sunday league and have a free weekend in a couple of weeks and wondered if you were free and fancied a beating ( sorry a friendly )

Just had a look at your site and noticed Simon Leyland play's for you, is he fit now or is his knee still knackered?
Old 17-09-2003, 13:53   #2
adi

Post Re: Adi

we play on both Saturday and Sundays in the 11-a-side Leagues and Monday and Friday Nights in the 7-a-side down at Hyndburn Sports Centre.

as for the beating/friendly we are always available to play an organised game if we could arrange proceeds to go Club Funds or a Charity.

as for the website - do you like it? we are after some feedback cos its been up and running properly for about six months.

on the Sim Leyland front - he knee is knackered. The last time I spoke to him, he already had one operation and was waiting to have another two.

he thinks he going to be out for another year - poor fella

by the way what team do you play for?
adi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2003, 13:59   #3

We can get a proper organised friendly then, I play for Stanlet Street Old Boys, used to be Queens in the Sunday league, currently third in table played 3 won 3 however top two have played one more game and we play second on sunday.

Website is very good, I wouldnt mind doing something simular for our team.

I saw Simon last month at a wedding we both went too, he said he would be out for a while but didnt think that long.

Funds raised could go to Charity, not club funds
Old 17-09-2003, 14:05   #4
adi

A friendly for charity is always a winner - we can discuss it more when we beat you on 12th October in the Memorial League!!

Yeah ive noticed that you have had a good start to the season - we slipped up against the Dog Inn two weeks ago.

We absolutely battered them but couldnt put the ball in the net then typically they went up and scored in the last minute to win 2 - 1.

Who do you play for on Saturday's?
Old 17-09-2003, 14:12   #5

12th October !!, Oh dear, the day after England v Turkey game, there will be some sore heads that morning, we played on Sunday after I got in at 04.00 after being out since midday and still won so its not so bad.

Well have to get Cazzer, Tracy, et all to do some pom pom cheering on the sidelines

Dont play saturdays, its a drinking day
Old 17-09-2003, 14:15   #6
adi

I forgot that it was the day after the big game - both sides will be a wreck!!

I was marking Duncan Dean last week and he said that he didnt play for you anymore on Sundays but that you had a good team this year.

I reckon the Griffins Head will probably win our division though.

As for getting the Forum Girls down with their pom poms - it could be a laugh....................

Old 17-09-2003, 14:17   #7

It will be close between Griffin and Ourselves however I fancy us to pip them, especially with the extra experience
Old 17-09-2003, 14:22   #8
adi

possibly as you should have kick-on and gone up last season.

although ive tipped Griffins Head cos they are playing some of the Whinney Lads from a Saturday.

anyway i hope that come the end of the season we might just be there or there abouts!!
Old 17-09-2003, 14:27   #9

What position you play?
Old 17-09-2003, 15:00   #10
Caz
God Member

[smiley=lol.gif]
Quote:
Well have to get Cazzer, Tracy, et all to do some pom pom cheering on the sidelines
Don't want me cheerleading Ruud! Too much bouncing about going on, and don't mean the ball! ;D  Think Tracey's the one for that job  

Could help out in the showers after though!  [smiley=up2something.gif]

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2003, 15:13   #11
Resting in Peace

Whats all this cazzer "Could help out in the showers " indead tut tut
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2003, 15:15   #12

Quality, LOL
Old 19-09-2003, 13:29   #13
adi

i play centre-half Rudd - what about you?

as for you Cazzer - im sure a couple of the lads would take you up on the offer!!!

;D
Old 19-09-2003, 13:33   #14
Caz
God Member

Yippee!! can't wait!   ;D ;D ;D

(When did you say the match was?!)  ;D ;D ;D

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2003, 13:46   #15
adi

you will have to contain that excitement Cazzer - the game isn't until the 12th October!!!

;D ;D

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..