Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2013, 18:14   #1

Afghanistan

Can anyone tell me why British troops should spend another minute (or lose another life) there?
Stumped likes this.
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-01-2013, 18:25   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Afghanistan

I can't.
Stumped likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 18:48   #3
Beacon of light

Me neither...they should not be there in the first place.
Stumped likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 18:57   #4
JFT96

Maybe someone should ask the Prime Minister who sent them there in the first place.
I am sure Tony Blair has a very good answer, even if he does not share it with us.
You could ask our MP, but seeing Graham has no time for his constituents I would not hold my breath

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 19:02   #5
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Because the lads & lasses are professionals, they may not agree with all they do, they'll gripe maybe, but they've given an oath to Queen & Country. And as such are bound to follow the dictates of egotistical, kiss arse politicos who want to make a name for themselves or gain a seat on some board somewhere.

But if you're after a genuine & valid reason why they should be there ........ sorry, I'm as much in the dark as everyone else.
Old 08-01-2013, 19:53   #6
God Member

britain has always been obsessed with Afghanistan i dont have the foggiest why .British Army in Afghanistan was trapped and massacred in 1842
Old 08-01-2013, 20:13   #7
Senior Member+

Bring them home NOW!
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 22:46   #8
God Member

before one single US soldier is extracted from that poop hole every single one of our tropps should be home first.America started the war so they should be the last to leave but our lot of mugs in charge send our lads out there while obama brings his lads home out of harms way.
dont bother asking jones about getting out of things he cant even honour his word about getting out of the EU so i doubt he would keep his word over getting troops out of afghanistan although he may well make the right noises to show willing but when it comes to he crunch he will crumble like out of date digestives
Stumped and DaveinGermany like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 08-01-2013 at 22:50.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 22:59   #9
Super Moderator

What a total waste of time, money and lives it's all been. As soon as we leave there, the Taliban will roll in like the tide. A shame really for ordinary people there, but we can't be a world policeman anymore and we were never going to succeed here anyway.

The odious slimeball who sent our lads and lasses in has a hell of a lot to answer for.
accyman and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:06   #10
Junior Member+

Well done to the Guys out there all our thoughts are with their familys who are constantly worried at every news broadcast something im very greatfull I dont have to live with. the reason why we are the in the first place is becauce the Taliban were getting close to being able to control the nuclear wepons in Pakistan, that threat has now been extinguished. The reason why this is not common knowladge is because the UK and USA were the one's who supplied Pakistan with them in the first place.
man4u50s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:12   #11
Resting in Peace

Its time to pull out and let um get on with it
Eric and gynn like this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:35   #12
Senior Member+

Just been looking at the list of names that have died and how, Unreal how many have died from "Shot by Afgan police officer"
Less likes this.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:48   #13
Junior Member+

I thought we were there to take the fight to them...we can fight them over here if you think it would help.
Dutchbarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:11   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by man4u50s View Post
Well done to the Guys out there all our thoughts are with their familys who are constantly worried at every news broadcast something im very greatfull I dont have to live with. the reason why we are the in the first place is becauce the Taliban were getting close to being able to control the nuclear wepons in Pakistan, that threat has now been extinguished. The reason why this is not common knowladge is because the UK and USA were the one's who supplied Pakistan with them in the first place.
on the up side if pakistan so much as sniff near the launch button India will pound with them their nukes.Pakistan and India have had their nukes pointing at each other for years.

go team India

How it ended up we are allies with them both is beyond me but goven a choice between the two i would say India is the better of the two because if anything at least they didnt knowingly hide and support binladen nor turn a blind eye to alquida training camps

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 09-01-2013 at 12:14.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 17:16   #15
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by man4u50s View Post
the reason why we are the in the first place is becauce the Taliban were getting close to being able to control the nuclear wepons in Pakistan, that threat has now been extinguished.
If that's the case, what happens when us and the yanks pull out? Surely, the threat will rear its ugly head again?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..