Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree198Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2014, 23:13   #16
Senior Member+

Re: All The Best To You Graham

Less. Post your address and I'll come around. Let's see what your made of! I am sure the hot air on here will be deflated somewhat. Get your neighbours around for a brew and Q&A??? Lets see how many real friends you have?

Last edited by g jones; 15-02-2014 at 23:16.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-02-2014, 23:57   #17

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
Less. Post your address and I'll come around. Let's see what your made of! I am sure the hot air on here will be deflated somewhat. Get your neighbours around for a brew and Q&A??? Lets see how many real friends you have?
A politicians definition of deflating 'somewhat'...that would be ignoring the actual question 'somewhat'..not much point in organising a Q&A if you ain't going to answer....

Graham Jones MP ‏ Feb 11
UKIP driving around Wythenshawe in a foreign car (painted UKIP purple) and talking about British jobs.

Levets Feb 11
please let me know which British cars you would suggest then. This will be interesting

Graham Jones MP
Britain makes cars employing 10,000's of British workers. Just not Renault...

Levets ‏Feb 11
what like Vauxhall, Ford, Rover, Mini ... We make 'foreign' cars yes! Name a mass produced British car?

Graham Jones MP Feb 11
Labour's car scrapage scheme saved UK automotive jobs. UKIP buy French cars.

Levets Feb 11
typical politician... Off at a tangent! I asked you to name a British car he could of chosen? You can't!

[end twitter quotes]

Its only an aimless post if it doesn't hit a target..in this case it obviously did
Old 16-02-2014, 08:03   #18
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Today's Lancashire Telegraph has a report on our MP about Malaria, google it for yourself, even though I agree with him in everything in that report on humane grounds, shouldn't he be firstly concerned with the larger problems of Hyndburn?

So far since he has been elected, media has spot lighted his admirable concern for missing grids and now Malaria, both of great concern to all of us, no, really we should all be concerned, well, perhaps 5% of us will grasp what I mean even if I don't.
I had no idea we had a Malaria problem here in Hyndburn......... I will need to get a new malaria net and stock up on some more insect replenent with DEET in it....

Seriously though, I have lived and worked in parts of Africa saddled with Malaria, it is nice to see our MP taking time to look at this, there are no problems in Hyndburn, the Arndale is always busy, Whitebirk Retail Park is booming and of course there is little or no unemployment in Hyndburn or any local issues that need his input.

It is good to know our MP is doing such a great job.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2014, 08:03   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Another aimless post. I have said numerous times what the priorities are. Business, education, housing, transport to start with.

Hyndburn has the second highest voter contact rate in the country. 51.6% We can canvass everywhere (including Manchester!)

I am quite frankly surprised at how little you know about your borough and what is happening.

Graham suggests helpfully starting the morning with a stiff coffee. It helps you stay awake and alert.
I'm only having a coffee if i can claim it back on expenses

Last edited by walkinman221; 16-02-2014 at 08:06.
walkinman221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2014, 08:05   #20
JFT96

Graham, what make of car do you drive?

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2014, 08:08   #21
Senior Member+

Never mind the nets and repellent get on the gin BG.
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 16-02-2014, 08:08   #22
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

All The Best To You Graham

Quote:

Graham you are full of it, what has meeting you, or counting my 'friends', (good grief, your acting like a child on face book) have to do with me no longer considering you fit for purpose?
Every time you come on site you manage to do the impossible, that is disappoint me even further.
You didn't read the thread and reply with a witty or accurate defence of your malaria news bite.
You instead ignored that and used a planets worth of juvenile hot air yourself, is this really how a competent MP should display himself on the WWW? I don't think so, do you?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2014, 09:40   #23
Beacon of light

No, it isn't how an MP should conduct himself...certainly not OUR MP.
And in post 16 he is using semi threat to demean a member....perhaps he learned this technique to keep other Labour MP's under control......typical whip behaviour.....juvenile.
I am disappointed.Not for the first time either
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2014, 09:52   #24

All The Best To You Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
No, it isn't how an MP should conduct himself...certainly not OUR MP.
And in post 16 he is using semi threat to demean a member....perhaps he learned this technique to keep other Labour MP's under control......typical whip behaviour.....juvenile.
I am disappointed.Not for the first time either

Not quite true Margaret, post 16 wasn't a threat just another example of why I won't be voting for him next time if indeed Labour actually choose him as a candidate (of course they will).
I had great hopes when I voted for him in the last election, but broken promises and his attitude towards the common man leave a great deal of regret for having put trust in this politician.
Old 16-02-2014, 11:42   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

An old chap once said to me, "Yeh can trust NOBODY 100%!!! its a thing i pondered fer many moons, but came to the conclusion its spot on.
Old 16-02-2014, 13:46   #26
Full Member+

I wonder why he's only been 'liked' three times out of 1,104 posts? Just a thought.
Old 16-02-2014, 13:57   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
I wonder why he's only been 'liked' three times out of 1,104 posts? Just a thought.
Perhaps because his party's biggest fan C'mon rarely comes out of the Tory thread to read anything that isn't posted by him?
Old 16-02-2014, 13:59   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Perhaps because his party's biggest fan C'mon rarely comes out of the Tory thread to read anything that isn't posted by him?
Don't reckon Cmon reads much thats posted by himself??
Old 16-02-2014, 14:12   #29
Beacon of light

I think our MP has forgotten his roots and has had his head turned by the lights of the big city.
His repsonses will certainly not make him any friends on here, or influence the people who might once have voted for him.
But then I guess he is Ok with that 95% of us don't really appreciate politics anyway(?)
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2014, 14:15   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

If ever there was n instance of putting ones foot in it?.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..