Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree198Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2014, 14:20   #31
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: All The Best To You Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
If ever there was n instance of putting ones foot in it?.
I've found him a new avatar:-
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-02-2014, 15:29   #32
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
Less. Post your address and I'll come around. Let's see what your made of! I am sure the hot air on here will be deflated somewhat. Get your neighbours around for a brew and Q&A??? Lets see how many real friends you have?
Is this the new 'Browngate'?
Old 16-02-2014, 16:08   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Or one of the 95%?
Old 14-06-2014, 10:24   #34

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Our Graham can't even remember where he lives....

Labour MP Graham Jones? Online XXX Blunder - Guy Fawkes' blog

Total plonker
Old 14-06-2014, 11:12   #35
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

From the comments I read regarding the online xxx blunder, that 95% figure is looking decidedly iffy!
Old 14-06-2014, 14:32   #36
God Member

I have read the 184 following comments that were displayed - many are quite hilarious - thanks for a good chuckle.

How will he wriggle out of this bloomer?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2014, 14:59   #37

All The Best To You Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I have read the 184 following comments that were displayed - many are quite hilarious - thanks for a good chuckle.

How will he wriggle out of this bloomer?

95% of him will deny any knowledge, the other 60% will claim it was misinformation that he copied & pasted from AccyWeb!
Old 14-06-2014, 21:53   #38

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

No argument from me that C'mon is rubbish at punctuation and usually goes off at a tangent halfway through a comment. My points are that maybe we should not dismiss a valid argument simply because it is poorly made using questionable copy/pastes, and... that at least he stimulates debate.

You guys are right, we all know that most current politicians are in it for themselves, and that our votes are pretty much meaningless under the current party system. So what do you guys advocate?

a) Constantly saying 'they are all bottom feeders', spoiling your vote papers or not voting at all.
b) Saying and doing nothing and allowing them to ride roughshod.
c) Slam someone who highlights issues as a trotsky who never said anything when his lot were in power.
d) Think that there is nothing you can do and wait until you die, forgotten, on a hospital trolley in a corridor, waiting for a drink of water.

To paraphrase Burke..'all that is needed for the political class to triumph is for the ordinary people to do nowt'

We should highlight their failings, show them for the liars they are ( e.g. I have personally spoken to people in XXX and many have told me that immigration is important to the economy, 95%, I will faithfully represent the people etc..etc..). We should make post after post on every form of social media reinforcing these failings.

If enough people listen and read maybe we can effect change, the alternative is to choose one of 'a, b or c' above and end up as a 'd'
Alan Varrechia likes this.
Old 14-06-2014, 22:04   #39
Beacon of light

Well, I have already said what I do in respect of voting.
What do you suggest.....seeing as voting is pretty useless anyway, and that democracy is just an illusion?

What is it that we have to do to get politicians to sit up and take notice that they have been rumbled?
Most politicians are from the privileged classes.....they are career politicians. They want to network, to feather their own nests whilst in office, and make sure that once out of office they have plenty of lucrative options to follow as a result of their time in office.

Their aim has absolutely nothing to do with making our lives more comfortable, they care nothing for the plight of the little man.....his life does not touch theirs, other than when a vote is needed.

I will say this as often as is needed, and on whatever platform I can use.
They are all the same....no matter what colour of banner they travel under.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 14-06-2014 at 22:06.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2014, 08:46   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
Another aimless post. I have said numerous times what the priorities are. Business, education, housing, transport to start with.

Hyndburn has the second highest voter contact rate in the country. 51.6% We can canvass everywhere (including Manchester!)

I am quite frankly surprised at how little you know about your borough and what is happening.

Graham suggests helpfully starting the morning with a stiff coffee. It helps you stay awake and alert.

Wasn't it good of him to warn us in advance that his post was pointless?

Anyone notice how he no longer seems keen to post on site anymore?

Is it something 95% of us have said?
Old 15-06-2014, 08:48   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Gone to Twitter!!, Perhaps 95% of locals dont read that crap?
Old 15-06-2014, 09:25   #42
Beacon of light

Cashy, I think you might be right. I don't do twitter or FB(both seem to be popular - maybe that is why I don't use them) Also, I think he has forgotten his roots.......and that is a very sad thing to have to say.

I think our MP cares far more about what the party can do for him than what he can do for the people he left behind...those who supported him with their votes.
Why else would he make glib comments...the ones like the 95% one.
I think he has also come to the conclusion that he is better than us, now he has seen the Metropolis.
The great political sea has taken him away. But he may come in on a tide some time in the future.....washed up. Unelss the people of Hyndburn have very bad memories, that is.
Old 15-06-2014, 09:41   #43

Quote:
Ah Well, no great loss for us then.

A great advantage for him though, no doubt either he or some unpaid minion will be administrator and censor the 'twits' erm I mean 'tweets' posted, something he couldn't and never would be able to do on AccyWeb, once he says something on here it stays for the world to see.

I'm contemplating a theory, could it be that metal theft & malaria sound bite publicity are his reward from his party because he not only toes the line but like a good lickspittle forces more honest men to toe the line as well?

Somewhere deep in New Tory headquarters a darkened room, and whispers can be heard,

1st voice 'That Jones fellow, he's almost intelligent'.

2nd voice 'Yes that could be a problem'.

1st voice 'Why should it be a problem bigger dimwits than him have gone a long way'

2nd voice 'Exactly, we need to keep him close, we can't allow genuine progress to interfere with our over all plans'.

1st voice 'True, true, this could be tricky I've heard the man has erm' principles'.

2nd voice 'Rubbish a nasty rumour spread by his constituents, he fooled them alright'.

3rd and more authoritative voice 'Do what we always do, make him a whipping boy and to keep him happy we'll give him a few simple tasks that will keep his name in the paper making it seem like he's doing something'.

1st voice 'We could put him in charge of stolen man hole covers'.

2nd voice 'Do we need someone in charge? We don't get that many in my Uncle's scrapyard?

3rd voice 'Yes, grids a nice one, but we also need something with a humanitarian angle to it, though it must be an impossible task...'.

1st voice (excitedly) we'll give him Malaria, that's humane, impossible & basically only exists were the Ni', I mean Dark men live.

3rd voice Excellent let's head to the commons for a few free beers & whiskey chasers.

Last edited by Less; 15-06-2014 at 09:46.
Old 15-06-2014, 10:07   #44
Beacon of light

did you have a glass to the wall Less?
I think you have nailed it there.......wouldn't it be nice to think he is being manipulated and bamboozled in the same way he bamboozled his constituents?
Old 16-06-2014, 16:00   #45
God Member

Quote:

twitter and facebook are easier to manage when someone asks a difficult question..

unlike here where you cant delete or edit what you say once the time limit has passed or even remove them that ask pesky questions
Less likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..