Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-09-2006, 18:23   #76
Resident Waffler

Re: Am I Racist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
if that apology was sincere,i'm a dutchman.
Is that Dutchist?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-09-2006, 19:54   #77

6 pages of mutual back slapping and general ganging up on someone who has an opinion that is different. I lost count of the amount of posts calling me a racist.

May I ask one question before the next mass love in. Why is it OK to call me a racist and get a slap on the back but not OK for me to do it? Do I need some sort of funny handshake to be treated the same as everyone else ?

Lot's of insults to follow I guess.

Good bit of back peddling there willow. Yes coloured people are human. and they call me a racist. My racist crime was to ask why someone was pointing out bad drivers are pakistani. I just wanted to know why the nationality was used. Was that such a horrible question folks? Yet you post racist jokes , make racist comments and then follow it up by calling me a racist.

Step back and take a long hard look at yourselves. then turn to your fellow posters for comfort.

See you on Tuesday.
poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2006, 19:58   #78
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
6 pages of mutual back slapping and general ganging up on someone who has an opinion that is different. I lost count of the amount of posts calling me a racist.

May I ask one question before the next mass love in. Why is it OK to call me a racist and get a slap on the back but not OK for me to do it? Do I need some sort of funny handshake to be treated the same as everyone else ?

Lot's of insults to follow I guess.

Good bit of back peddling there willow. Yes coloured people are human. and they call me a racist. My racist crime was to ask why someone was pointing out bad drivers are pakistani. I just wanted to know why the nationality was used. Was that such a horrible question folks? Yet you post racist jokes , make racist comments and then follow it up by calling me a racist.

Step back and take a long hard look at yourselves. then turn to your fellow posters for comfort.

See you on Tuesday.
I never said they were bad drivers. I said that the vast majority of Imprezas/evo's speeding round our streets were driven by pakistani's. Never mentioned anything about bad driving. Off you trot there a good lad.
silvermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2006, 20:16   #79
God Member

Poppy if you had read the post prior [quote] Had an e-mail sent to me about the obserdity of the racist carryon and might post it providing certain members dont take offence.Yesterday 20:18
you would see I had resevations about it causing offence. Also I later put [quote]

Yesterday 21:04SPUGGIE JThe moral as I see it is never prejudge unless willing to take the repricussions that will follow.

Being racist dosnt go on colour alone I should know being a white Englishman in Scotland of a Catholic family which has made me a target of bigotry and racism. Yet my father is a Scot and I myself am I suppose C of E so I am one on here who has been on the recieving end so I do not take it lightly especially the joke which does show the obserdity and presumption!! DONT TAKE POTSHOTS AT ME UNLESS YOU HAVE FACTS TO BACK IT UP!!!!!!

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2006, 21:52   #80
Passed away 25-11-09

The trouble is, Poppy, you haven't taken the time to read each post carefully. It was explained to you why the nationality was mentioned but you have chosen to ignore the explanation and accuse nearly everyone of racist sentiments. You also fanned the flames of people's anger and disgust by picking up on, and twisting, some of the innocent statements made. I can see why you feel the need to justify your first accusation but, on the basis of what you have been told, you would be wiser to accept that your accusation was rather wide of the mark and acknowledge it gracefully.
Old 30-09-2006, 22:00   #81
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy

Good bit of back peddling there willow. Yes coloured people are human. and they call me a racist.

Back peddling? I was annoyed before. Now I am downright fuming. I have not backpeddalled. I stand by my original statement 100%. YOU misrepresented what I said. I NEVER at any time suggested that anyone wasn't human.

If you were capable of taking off your blinkers for long enough to read it properly you would see that what I said was the exact opposite of what you claim I said. And no, I haven't editd it since. Face it. You misread it and then accused me of saying something I didn't say.

What I did say was that all people are first and formost human and that I actually have to stop and actively make myself think about their RACE before I can say how many are black, white or sky blue pink with yellow dots on. Got it yet?

If you can't see your mistake then I can only assume that you are unable to actually read what is written under your nose.

I would have accepted your apology if you'd have offered one at this stage but to come back at me and insist that I have changed my views and back pedalled is adding insult to injury.

Has it not occurred to you that the reason everyone seems to disagree with you is not because we are all into mutual back slapping but that perhaps you might just possibly be wrong? Wrong about the original poster you accused of being racist, wrong about what I said and wrong about everything else you have said on the subject since then.

Incidentally I haven't a clue who the original poster is and have never met them in my life as far as I am aware. No ulterior motives in agreeing with their point of view apart from the fact that I agree with their point of view!

Old 30-09-2006, 22:59   #82
God Member

Well as my grandad was polish i wondered if it's possible to be racist to your own race.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2006, 23:32   #83
Resident Waffler

As that makes you a quarter Polish maybe the other three quarters of you is racist?

Old 01-10-2006, 01:40   #84
God Member

maybe i am at the moment to english and polish, both are being treated unfairly, polish have an unfair advantage being cheaper, and english are taking the **** paying em less. I wanna know why they are exempt from minimum wage, poor sods need two jobs to be able to afford to live.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:42   #85
God Member

eight irish too and jewish, no wonder i'm mixed up lol
Old 01-10-2006, 12:54   #86
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
To be falsely accused like that is verging on slander (or is it libel?) I'm 'libel' to get confused with those two the more I think about it.

Slander:
verb [T]
to damage someone's reputation by making a false spoken statement about them.

Libel:
noun [C or U]
a piece of writing which contains bad and false things about a person.

Hope this helps Willow. lol

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 15:25   #87
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
I don't know if Madhatters post is racist but the employers sound like they may be Polist if they are specifically paying Polish workers less than the minimum wage. How are they getting away with it?

Any hope of Poppy apologising yet for misrepesenting me? To be falsely accused like that is verging on slander (or is it libel?) I'm 'libel' to get confused with those two the more I think about it.
With reference to the polish...i have spent a few hours researchin this and as far as i can tell the NMW (national minimum wage) Applies to UK workers irrelivant of their origin or color, be it pink white black yellow with green spots (couldnt resist it sorry). There are however some exceptions :

Apprentices.
Members of the armed forces.
Share fishermen.
Volunteer workers.
Prisoners employed during their sentence.
The self-employed.
Au pairs and nannies

I have also spoken about this to a director within a company i work 4 and he has a friend in the Inland revenue. Unfortunately he is on holiday in the SeaShells till this tuesday...when i find out the response ill post it as a matter of interest to anyone that is curious.

We live in a multi cultural society with freedom of speech... Its a common thing that people generalise and stereotype groups of people, but in my opinion its sadly not without some justification.Gypsies for instance (travellers if im being politically correct). Whats the first thing that comes into your head?Muslims?jews?Christians?whites?black?African-american etc etc.

Im not a racist at all, but i do hate religion and what it can do to people.
Who knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 15:30   #88
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who knows
Im not a racist at all, but i do hate religion and what it can do to people.
I wouldn't say that it's religion to blame, just the interprretation of various aspects of religion.

Glad to see you managed to sort the quote box out. lol

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 15:56   #89
Give, give, give member

I think its about time someone showed Poppy the secret Accy Web handshake, if we can spare a few minutes from back slapping each other.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 16:10   #90
Passed away 25-11-09

Poppy might be interested to know that I have only ever, as far as I know, met one other member of Accyweb - and I haven't seen her for over 45 years. I haven't had my back slapped yet but it sounds like it could be fun in the right circumstances, well at least, better my back than my face.

Now, about this handshake...........is it the one where you bend down and stick your right hand through your legs while doing a High Five with your left?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..