Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree84Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2016, 08:57   #1

American Presidential Election

What do you all think about the Trump outcome? I think your comments will be MOST interesting. I wouldn't be allowed to write mine....
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-11-2016, 09:03   #2

Re: American Presidential Election

Let's give the guy a chance
Jim Procter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 09:12   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I think its very similar to the Brexit vote here, people are thoroughly sick of the way they have been ignored,and i for one am glad its happened, all the celebs and money grabbers supported the opposition, and Trump is the lesser of 2 evils as far as i'm concerned.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:12   #4
Beacon of light

They were two very flawed candidates.
Neither of them are presidential material.
We just have to hope that the past escapades of DT are well and truly in the past, and that the guy takes his responsibilities very seriously.
If I had been an American citizen, I would not have been able to vote for either of these unsavoury characters...Both are untrustworthy.
But let's wait and see.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 10:15   #5
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Trump is the lesser of 2 evils as far as i'm concerned.
The lesser of two evils is still...evil.
Not what you would want for the leader of America.
I hope his administration is chosen from strong men with better morals and ethics than those of DT.
AccyMad and dotti34 like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 10:33   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I suspect that will not be the case Margaret, who controls the media? I honestly think he will be a better leader than they are having yeh believe, we will have to wait and see. I agree both were seriously flawed, but if i had been a yank i certainly woulda voted for Trump.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:53   #7
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Must admit to wanting "The Donald" from the start. Clinton is part of the establishment, always was & always will be, if she'd have got in it would have been a case of more of the same & a further erosion of faith in politicoes (if there ever was any in the first place).

The D, isn't a politico, he's a complete change to all that has been previously, he's a showman, knows what buttons to press, added to that he's a self made man, his campaign was with his money & not from the coffers of some party funded by activists, taxpayers & money men. He put his money, where his mouth is & that mouth has definitely caused some consternation amongst the establishment, his own "Party" & he's set the millenials, lefty liberals & snowflakes into meltdown!

Absolutely brilliant to my mind, he's shown these people their arses & maybe, just maybe other folks, here there & around the world may now take a good hard look at themselves, their policies & start to think about listening to their populace or they to will be joining the blubbering, hand wringers in their self inflicted cesspool that the rest of us "Uneducated" have been warning about for long enough!
cashman, bernie94, odders and 1 others like this.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:14   #8

A very bitter and divisive election with hardly any mention of what policies either of the candidates were in favour of. The only policy that I remember was the fence Donald was going to build to keep the Mexicans out. I wonder now that he has got the job if it will ever be built
Jim Procter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 11:16   #9
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Hey Eric, get ready for an immigration flood of gun totting, deranged loons heading your way ....... Well, that is if you Cannucks could be bothered to hustle your laid back arses in to motion to sort out your immigration website.

Then again your Canadian, so why bother with the extra aggro of all them crazy Amuricans eh!

Move to Canada trends and immigration site crashes as Donald Trump becomes US president | World | News | Daily Express
Eric likes this.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:18   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Procter View Post
Let's give the guy a chance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Procter View Post
A very bitter and divisive election with hardly any mention of what policies either of the candidates were in favour of. The only policy that I remember was the fence Donald was going to build to keep the Mexicans out. I wonder now that he has got the job if it will ever be built
Sounds to me like yer wavering a bit from yer first comment?
Restless likes this.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:08   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Hey Eric, get ready for an immigration flood of gun totting, deranged loons heading your way ....... Well, that is if you Cannucks could be bothered to hustle your laid back arses in to motion to sort out your immigration website.

Then again your Canadian, so why bother with the extra aggro of all them crazy Amuricans eh!
Maybe we'll just up the number of immigrants we take this year.

There's a new number one hit today in Alberta and Saskatchewan:

cashman likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 12:16   #12
Senior Member+

the US election; the people have spoken, that's is democracy,
cashman, odders and Barrie Yates like this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 12:28   #13
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Mutti just can't let it go!

taken from the New York Times

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has offered President-elect Donald Trump "close cooperation" on the basis of shared trans-Atlantic values that she says include respect for human dignity regardless of people's origin, gender or religion.
Merkel told reporters in Berlin on Wednesday that the campaign which ended in Trump's victory featured "confrontations that were difficult to bear."
Merkel stressed Germany's close historical connection with the United States. She said: "Germany and America are connected by values: democracy, freedom, respect for the law and for the dignity of human beings, independently of origin, skin color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or political views."
She added: "On the basis of these values, I am offering the future president of the United States of America, Donald Trump, close cooperation."
She said the partnership with the U.S. "is a foundation stone of German foreign policy."

This, from the leader of a country that destroyed Europe & the world twice in the 20th Century via armed conflict, was then raised from the ruins of its own folly by the American dollar after their second attempt & making them an economic success to the detriment of many others. And now, in the 21st century, seemingly determined to destroy & dilute themselves & Europe once more care of "Merkels mongrels" flooding the western european lands.

Absolutely incredulous!
Less, cashman, Eric and 2 others like this.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 09-11-2016 at 12:30.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 12:35   #14
God Member

Says a lot to me that Russia's Putin was thrilled to bits with Trump being elected - two of a kind???
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 12:47   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
the US election; the people have spoken, that's is democracy,
True, but like the "Remoaners" they will bitch about it.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..