Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Eric
  • 1 Post By ossy kid
  • 1 Post By ossy kid

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2014, 08:25   #1
God Member

An Important Question ...

What most true Canadians are thinking ahead of Sunday's BIG GAME: What beer to drink with breakfast?

Winnipeggers choose best breakfast beer for gold medal hockey game - Manitoba - CBC News

I think I'll go for "Barking Squirrel" or "Dead Elephant."

President Obama now owes Stephen Harper two cases of beer. Oh, and the U.S., losers or yesterday's nail biter, has to keep Justin Bieber.
ossy kid likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-02-2014, 09:53   #2
Senior Member+

Re: An Important Question ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
What most true Canadians are thinking ahead of Sunday's BIG GAME: What beer to drink with breakfast?

Winnipeggers choose best breakfast beer for gold medal hockey game - Manitoba - CBC News

I think I'll go for "Barking Squirrel" or "Dead Elephant."

President Obama now owes Stephen Harper two cases of beer. Oh, and the U.S., losers or yesterday's nail biter, has to keep Justin Bieber.
"Big Brekkie" Breakfast Stout or Chocolate Oatmeal Stout
Leftys Brewing Company | Greenfield, MA

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 13:36   #3

Sounds interesting, but what does it mean to your average Accringtonian?
Jim Procter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 14:40   #4
Super Moderator

Far more concerned about what may be happening down in Torquay this afternoon. Sadly, that also means very little to your average Accringtonian. ��
Old 22-02-2014, 16:15   #5
Senior Member+

That's a poor attitude Jim, when any of the colonies thump the great U.S. it should bring a smile to any true blooded Englishman. As for me Eric, it could be of the scotish flavour.
Eric likes this.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 17:56   #6
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Far more concerned about what may be happening down in Torquay this afternoon. Sadly, that also means very little to your average Accringtonian. ��
Alongside that Wynonie the victory at Twickenham over the potato faced micks of more import than events in Sochi
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 18:52   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Procter View Post
Sounds interesting, but what does it mean to your average Accringtonian?
Guess that leaves me out ... I'm an average Bottom Ender, with a big dash of Saskatchewan, and some Ontario.

And what is an "average Accringtonian" ... don't think Less would fit the bill, nor Cashy; they ain't average. And what about the guys that live in Oz? They should'nt be left out.

Anyway, whether Canada win or lose, the country will be closed tomorrow, and hungover on Monday. Imagine the feeling if England make it to the final of the World Cup ... pardon me for indulging in wild fantasies.
Old 22-02-2014, 18:57   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Yeh got more chance of winning than we got in the world cup mate.
Old 22-02-2014, 19:56   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Yeh got more chance of winning than we got in the world cup mate.
Might be worth a thread to discuss why this is so. Brits are just as passionate about football, a game they invented, as Canadians are about hockey. All the kids play football over there, just as they play hockey here. (In fact, there are more girls and young women playing organized hockey in Canada than there are in the rest of the world put together.) Difference is that we still dominate our game. We are always the team to beat, and, of course, sometimes we are beaten ... but all opponents have to take us seriously. Tomorrow we go for the gold. And we play on a larger ice surface than our players are used to, and under those fussy European "rules" that tend to penalize the, let's say, more physical aspects of the game.

Oh, and the game gives us a valid reason for getting drunk at breakfast time
Old 23-02-2014, 18:05   #10
God Member

The question has been answered ... Any beer will do as long as there is lots of it

And Canada wins the gold

It's still our game.
Old 23-02-2014, 22:37   #11
Senior Member+

Great game, 4 a.m. sitting up in bed watching it, deserved 3-0 win. Followed by breakfast of champions, egg-bacon and scotch, eh.
Eric likes this.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2014, 00:19   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
Great game, 4 a.m. sitting up in bed watching it, deserved 3-0 win. Followed by breakfast of champions, egg-bacon and scotch, eh.
Started at 7 a.m. here, which is close enough to noon to start in on the beer and shots.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..