Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-09-2008, 01:14   #1
Senior Member+

And you thought the brits were crazy...

Women dice with death on M6

BBC NEWS | UK | Women dice with death on M6

Motorway police have had to deal with two women spotted walking down the central reservation of the M6.
The women, twin sisters from Sweden, ran in front of oncoming traffic after wrestling with the police.
Old 26-09-2008, 03:59   #2
God Member

Re: And you thought the brits were crazy...

The report says the twin who was knocked unconcious was given a 1 day prison sentence, while the seriously injured one spent 7 weeks in hospital, it beggars belief, I would suggest they should be sent to a lunatic asylum, if there is no mental problem, they should have got a month each in prison for every thousand pound wasted on thier lunacy, police time and hospital treatment
Old 26-09-2008, 07:20   #3
Resident Waffler

ONE DAY ???? You get more than that for failing to pay your council tax.

All that damage to vehicles not to mention the shock to the motorists and the stupidity of the whole thing........... what on earth did they think they were doing?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 07:57   #4
God Member

Was on TV last night this on one of the police camera action type programs, she actually got done for assaulting a police officer, strange to watch them running out into the path of motorway traffic, like they were suicidal, the one that got jailed started attacking the police helping her, she then got up and ran across the other side of the carraigeway and very nearly got mowed down again

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 09:11   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Was on TV last night this on one of the police camera action type programs, she actually got done for assaulting a police officer, strange to watch them running out into the path of motorway traffic, like they were suicidal, the one that got jailed started attacking the police helping her, she then got up and ran across the other side of the carraigeway and very nearly got mowed down again

I watched this on tv last night and i was shocked that she managed to be hit by a car on the motorway then jump up and like you said K.S.H proceed to run accross the other side of the motorway, but the thing that got me was when she was at the police station she was asked more than once, " have you ever tried to harm yourself" and her reply was NO, i think she was having a laugh, its amaizing how they both survived they were lucky and stupid at the same time
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 09:49   #6
Resting in Peace

I watched the program last night too, I just wonder what they were on. Actually there was another item that caught my attention more than anything, the one about the two Iranians who were also walking on the M6 motorway near Staffs, it turned out that they were here illegaly, but the police are told by the Home Office not arrest them, just give them directions to the nearest imigration centre marvelous, the lunatics are looking after the asylum. At the end of he program they were recapping on the cases covered and when it came to these two illegals it just said no one had seen the since, beam me up Scotty, just how many people are here in this country that we don't know about, any Tom Dick and Terrorist can be walking about nd we don't even know they are here
Old 26-09-2008, 09:59   #7
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
just how many people are here in this country that we don't know about, any Tom Dick and Terrorist can be walking about nd we don't even know they are here
Ah, but the government are going to solve all that - they're introducing identity cards, then we'll know exactly who everybody is!
Old 26-09-2008, 10:30   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Ah, but the government are going to solve all that - they're introducing identity cards, then we'll know exactly who everybody is!
Silly me, never thought about that
Old 26-09-2008, 10:35   #9
white rabbits

Quote:
Silly me, never thought about that
now now,jaysay,,,,,
Old 26-09-2008, 11:13   #10
God Member

I saw the full programme last night. Other than the two Swedes and the two Iranians, there was the drunken Latvian caught speeding at 122mph, the uninsured Czech with the bald tyre and the unlicensed and uninsured van driver, origin unknown but here on a 6 month visa which expired 10 years ago. No Brits, though.
And we have a bad reputation abroad!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 12:11   #11
Resident Waffler

Maybe they just didn't show the Brits.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 13:41   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

the sentence fer these two lunatics was a joke, as been quoted millions of times. THE LAW IS AN ASS.
Old 26-09-2008, 16:15   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
the sentence fer these two lunatics was a joke, as been quoted millions of times. THE LAW IS AN ASS.
I actually think its the people who implement the law who are the asses cashy
Old 26-09-2008, 22:59   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I actually think its the people who implement the law who are the asses cashy
I don't think that the police playing Abbas Waterloo over their speaker system helped.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 23:16   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Maybe they just didn't show the Brits.
That makes a change....They usually show us as idiots anyway...Maybe we should all change the way we respond.....and maybe the world would be a better place to live in?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..