Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2014, 11:02   #181
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Animals killed for training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
No, you'll only report me if I bite at your childish antagonistic comments
So instead we have obsession time?

I bet you have been reported many, many times and most of them won't have been me.

By the way, is the above not you biting? If not perhaps you could give us one of your unique slants on what it is?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-11-2014, 11:35   #182
Senior Member+

Quote:

Behave G, I'm starting to find your comments amusing
I do apologise, AccyE.
I would never amuse you intentionally.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2014, 12:34   #183
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
I do apologise, AccyE.
I would never amuse you intentionally.
Well, I guess you can only amuse yourself for so long

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2014, 13:58   #184
Senior Member+

Quote:
Well, I guess you can only amuse yourself for so long
You may think that, I couldn't possibly comment.
Old 16-11-2014, 20:06   #185

Oh, dear! AccyX you really are a prat suggesting old people be ‘sacrificed’ in the name of modern medicine. As I am in the category of those who are much, much closer to the end than the beginning you might have cut me to the quick with your suggestion of using old bods. That is, of course, if you were of any consequence to me. Fortunately you are not.

Why do you set out to be so obnoxious? Some of your threads and postings are actually reasonably intelligent and meaningful but then you blow it by such an inane comment. Not even a very smart one. You let yourself down somewhat.

With reference to the use of animals in testing medications – which, after all, was sort of what you started this thread about, albeit on a slightly different tack, I do think it is abhorrent – but like most people I do not question it if and when I am receiving medicinal drugs. I doubt that even you, AccyX, with all your blathering and bleating, if needing a life-saving drug would refuse it on the grounds of your perceived condemnation of the use of animals in its trials. Talk is cheap.

I am now going to spend another very meaningful day before the milk turns well and truly sour.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2014, 23:58   #186
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Oh, dear! AccyX you really are a prat suggesting old people be ‘sacrificed’ in the name of modern medicine. As I am in the category of those who are much, much closer to the end than the beginning you might have cut me to the quick with your suggestion of using old bods. That is, of course, if you were of any consequence to me. Fortunately you are not.

Why do you set out to be so obnoxious? Some of your threads and postings are actually reasonably intelligent and meaningful but then you blow it by such an inane comment. Not even a very smart one. You let yourself down somewhat.

With reference to the use of animals in testing medications – which, after all, was sort of what you started this thread about, albeit on a slightly different tack, I do think it is abhorrent – but like most people I do not question it if and when I am receiving medicinal drugs. I doubt that even you, AccyX, with all your blathering and bleating, if needing a life-saving drug would refuse it on the grounds of your perceived condemnation of the use of animals in its trials. Talk is cheap.

I am now going to spend another very meaningful day before the milk turns well and truly sour.
Dotti,my remark about using the elderly was a mere knee jerk reaction to the comment before it.As usual it was taken out of context an twisted to portray me as the bad guy
I know,it didn't help answering Margaret's question with a "yes" but I couldn't resist,I can assure you D I'm not a bad guy when all is said and done

I didn't set out to be unpleasant,that's just my reaction to the obnoxious comments I've received.Maybe that's the reason I've become a "troll" or perhaps I am naturally obnoxious and I don't realise it

I believe your correct in that "talk is cheap" especially in a environment tailored for making comments.
God forbid I find myself in a 'life threatening situation' but if I did I probably wouldn't refuse a medicine on the grounds that it was tested on animals in its trail period as my natural instinct to survive would prevail.

I hope this cleared up some of your queries D. Now,if you don't mind I'll get back to my "trolling"

password--Accyweb
Old 17-11-2014, 07:21   #187
Beacon of light

Jason, I do not believe that you are a bad guy.
I do not believe that you are malicious either. You have the potential to post interesting stuff.....and you have done so......but you spoil yourself with some posts that seem to be posted without thinking things through.....posts without consideration.
You need not be a troll.....there is no future in it and no pleasure(either for you, or for those who come to read posts)in it.
When you portray yourself negatively people will believe you.You have to work hard to be seen as a positive poster......and this doesn't mean that you have to always agree, it just means that you have to respect the other posters view(even if that other poster makes fun of you....ridicules you.....no one can make you feel small unless you give them permission- a quote by some famous woman. I'm tempted to say Eleanor Roosevelt, except I think her quote involved a doormat).
Don't post knee jerk reactions......wait and consider your response(I wish I had learned that lesson earlier)....don't rise to the bait.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2014, 08:28   #188
Senior Member+

Gee, I feel like a naughty schoolboy that just had a rollicking off his teachers.

I'll bear your comments in mind and try thinking before posting in future

password--Accyweb
Old 17-11-2014, 10:12   #189
Beacon of light

Why would you feel like that Jason.....my comments are meant in the best possible way to give you some advice and insight.
They were never meant as a rollicking......I am just a bit disappointed that you have not learned from your past errors......as I say, you showed potential to be a worthy member of the forum...and there is no reason why that cannot be so in the future.
Less likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2014, 12:50   #190
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
What funny bone......?
Your humerus maybe
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2014, 12:55   #191
God Member

Seems like members of ISIS practice their surgical skills on human subjects.

ISIS beheading video shows Welsh medical student, father says - World - CBC News

By the way, I think it's an insult to taffies all over the world that this complete waste of skin is referred to as "Welsh."
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2014, 15:27   #192
Senior Member+

The plot thickens.

BBC News - Nasser Muthana's father denies son is in beheading video

But then, now he's had time to think about it, he would, wouldn't he?

Last edited by Gordon Booth; 17-11-2014 at 15:30.
Old 17-11-2014, 15:30   #193
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Re: Animals killed for training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Nope, the plot just sickens.
westendlass likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2014, 17:03   #194
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Seems like members of ISIS practice their surgical skills on human subjects.

ISIS beheading video shows Welsh medical student, father says - World - CBC News

By the way, I think it's an insult to taffies all over the world that this complete waste of skin is referred to as "Welsh."

Guardian today says British Intelligence are focused on Abdel Majed Abdel Bary with the nom de guerre Abu Abdullah al Britani as being Jihadi John.

Let's see what happens now.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..