Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2014, 13:29   #91
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Animals killed for training

If there were alternatives that gave better results, then i'm damn sure they would pursue them, That must be obvious to all but the exceedingly dense.
Old 04-03-2014, 13:30   #92
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
And your full of wit (well at least something that rhymes with it)
Like I say lack of imagination, you aren't the first and you won't be the last to use that one. Glad you could get it in before you go.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 13:49   #93
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
You obviously have not really taken onboard much of what has been said.
You keep on stating that this is a controversial issue - it is only controversial when you do not subscribe to it.
It makes sense to me. I can see the benefits, and they outweigh the drawbacks.
Training that the military receive is also used in the NHS. Research papers are freely available...and it is inevitable that skills learnt in the theatres of war will ultimately benefit trauma victims.

Many surgeons are members of the TA and regularly have tours of duty in places where conflicts are taking place

And I agree with Studio25...given convincing arguments you can change your mind about issues...the only time that this is impossible is if you have a closed mind which is unreceptive to different concepts.
A closed mind is like a parachute that fails to open when you need it.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 13:50   #94
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Like I say lack of imagination, you aren't the first and you won't be the last to use that one. Glad you could get it in before you go.
Like most of your low grade comments it's probably not original.......... Go?,go where?

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 13:58   #95

Quote:
go where?
Asking for directions? All the exits are clearly marked, just don't let the door hit your arse as you go through.
Old 04-03-2014, 14:11   #96

Quote:
How do you know for sure that they have 'no knowledge of their fate' or suffer any 'pain'?
I don't know for sure - I've never been to Denmark let alone seen livestock being used for training.

My only evidence for thinking they don't suffer is that it says they are anaesthetised in the link YOU supplied at the top of the thread.
Less likes this.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 14:15   #97
Senior Member+

I would have thought someone so sensitive to the death of an unconscious pig would have been voicing a lot more qualms about halal and kosher slaughter- a fully conscious animal having it's throat cut right to the spine then left to bleed to death. Now there is a practice which needs reviewing!
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 14:52   #98
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
I would have thought someone so sensitive to the death of an unconscious pig would have been voicing a lot more qualms about halal and kosher slaughter- a fully conscious animal having it's throat cut right to the spine then left to bleed to death. Now there is a practice which needs reviewing!
Just read post #238 on the Death of a Woolwich Soldier.

Sensitive to the pigs death but not to its entrails being used as some primitive totem or spell Gordon.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 14:57   #99
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post

Sensitive to the pigs death but not to its entrails being used as some primitive totem or spell Gordon.
Its whatever suits at the time "D"
Old 04-03-2014, 14:59   #100
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
I don't know for sure - I've never been to Denmark let alone seen livestock being used for training.

My only evidence for thinking they don't suffer is that it says they are anaesthetised in the link YOU supplied at the top of the thread.
As you know,If there is one thing about reading papers it's not to believe the properganda they push.
In the pics it shows the pigs mouth taped up,now Margaret suggested it maybe because of when they come round,but I think it's more to stop them biting if they don't use enough anaesthetic like in the clip I posted,which would suggest they do feel these 'procedures'.
Perhaps I'm a new age hippy but didn't know it

password--Accyweb
Old 04-03-2014, 15:01   #101
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Or perhaps let out,when certain institutions closed down.
Old 04-03-2014, 15:07   #102

Quote:
As you know,If there is one thing about reading papers it's not to believe the properganda they push.
How do you know he knows?

Clairvoyant as well as obsessive eh?

Quote:
In the pics it shows the pigs mouth taped up,now Margaret suggested it maybe because of when they come round,but I think it's more to stop them biting if they don't use enough anaesthetic like in the clip I posted,which would suggest they do feel these 'procedures'.
I would put my trust in Margaret's theories long before I wasted a pinch of salt on any theory you put forward after reading your recent posts.

Quote:
Perhaps I'm a new age hippy but didn't know it
Nope just dumb, if you weren't dumb you would know you aren't a hippy.
Old 04-03-2014, 15:18   #103
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post

Good memory, DtheP!

His post 231 on that thread is also the post of a sensitive, humane man.

A bit of a 'man for all seasons'.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 15:22   #104
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
How do you know he knows?

Clairvoyant as well as obsessive eh?

I would put my trust in Margaret's theories long before I wasted a pinch of salt on any theory you put forward after reading your recent posts.

Nope just dumb, if you weren't dumb you would know you aren't a hippy.
I know he knows because every other comment on Accyweb that has a link to a paper says so.
Now now less,keep a eye on the old blood pressure cock(er).

password--Accyweb
Old 04-03-2014, 15:39   #105

Quote:
I know he knows because every other comment on Accyweb that has a link to a paper says so.
Allow me to correct you, (yet again), you can only assume he has read every other comment therefore you can only assume he knows, I think we can throw the above post onto the growing, Accyexplorer doesn't know what he's talking about pile.

Quote:
Now now less,keep a eye on the old blood pressure cock(er).
Ah, now I know you really are hoping, that you now have the upper hand in smart arse retorts!

Nope sorry, I never even break into a sweat when allowing folk like you to show themselves up. So perhaps it's time you took a close look at your self esteem? The mask seems to be slipping.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..