Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2014, 16:57   #106
JFT96

Re: Animals killed for training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
As you know,If there is one thing about reading papers it's not to believe the properganda they push.
So why do you continue an argument based on a tabloid newspaper report.
You have not shown any other evidence to back up your claims.
Which means you have contradicted yourself.

Anyway, as Dave, myself and others have pointed out, just how do you train a battlefield surgeon to deal with the wounds caused by gunshot? Many of these doctors go on to work in the NHS saving lives everyday.

Have you ever took any Medication?

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-03-2014, 17:01   #107
Senior Member+

Oh I get it now,it's a bit like you assuming I have no life an sit at a desk all day on Accyweb.....thanks for clearing that up

Also on a side note, I thought your liking of the cliques posts was acting like a creep

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 17:08   #108
Super Moderator

Quote:
Also on a side note, I thought your liking of the cliques posts was acting like a creep
Suppose it was inevitable really that sooner or later the "C" word would crop up. The sure sign of someone whose arguments have been comprehensively debunked and who just can't admit defeat.
Less likes this.
Old 04-03-2014, 17:09   #109
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
So why do you continue an argument based on a tabloid newspaper report.
You have not shown any other evidence to back up your claims.
Which means you have contradicted yourself.

Anyway, as Dave, myself and others have pointed out, just how do you train a battlefield surgeon to deal with the wounds caused by gunshot? Many of these doctors go on to work in the NHS saving lives everyday.

Have you ever took any Medication?
I thought we was having a debate,not a argument.
Of course I've had medication and I'm also aware that the testing was probably done on animals etc etc.my point is I THINK this 'behaviour' with pigs is unnecessary and if that makes me a hypocrite so be it.

password--Accyweb
Old 04-03-2014, 17:09   #110
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Animals killed for training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Suppose it was inevitable really that sooner or later the "C" word would crop up. The sure sign of someone whose arguments have been comprehensively debunked and who just can't admit defeat.

Well said have a clique point like.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 17:12   #111

Quote:
I thought we was having a debate,not a argument.

Of course I've had medication and I'm also aware that the testing was probably done on animals etc etc.my point is I THINK this 'behaviour' with pigs is unnecessary and if that makes me a hypocrite so be it.

Progress?

Perhaps?

Now if we can just maybe persuade you that killing pigs is preferable to killing squaddies?
Old 04-03-2014, 17:14   #112
Senior Member+

Quote:
Oh I get it now,it's a bit like you assuming I have no life an sit at a desk all day on Accyweb.....thanks for clearing that up
Well, 18 posts so far today and it's only 17:14.

I'm retired and I haven't that much spare time!
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 17:15   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Well, 18 posts so far today and it's only 17:14.

I'm retired and I haven't that much spare time!

I have, but then, I know I'm sad, some come on unable to admit it.
Old 04-03-2014, 17:22   #114
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I have, but then, I know I'm sad, some come on unable to admit it.
Posts per day- Less 2.99. Accyexplorer 7.71 !
Old 04-03-2014, 17:25   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Posts per day- Less 2.99. Accyexplorer 7.71 !

Yes, I know, I'll start posting more when I get used to the site and find out if the members are friendly.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 04-03-2014, 19:59   #116
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
I can assure you I have both family and close friends in the army.
Then surely you'd want them to get the best treatment possible if they become a battlefield casualty & if the Military say this is how they can get the most realistic practical experience, surely you should, if not support it, at least accept it.

Quote:
Why is it only military medics are trained in this 'controversial' way,why not teach all our docs if it helps save life's?
Because the incidence of gunshot wounds & blast injuries within the civil medical profession is very limited.

Quote:
Can these medics not do their "tests" on say test tube meat or something though it's 2014 not 1950s.
Surely with all our medical technology there are alternatives to live pigs.
You answer your own complaint, meat is just that, meat. The response & actions of a piece of meat is incomparable to a living functioning body. To understand how a body reacts to various traumas & wounds (from combat injuries) a living organism has to be used & as a pig has the misfortune to be anatomically so near to a human this makes the pig the ideal test subject.

A reliance on synthetic training methods are simply not ample for the modern day battlefield & the injuries that are likely to be sustained. And just a little tag line for you to consider, of all the NATO forces that use this training you'll find it's the Countries that have the most "Boots on the ground" & as such the more risk of battlefield casualties, that see this training as imperative to the well being of their Troops.
Old 04-03-2014, 21:04   #117
God Member

Quote:
I THINK this 'behaviour' with pigs is unnecessary
Me too ...

But there are a couple of things I don't understand. Why are most of those who oppose your views assuming that you value pigs more than humans? I really haven't read anything that you posted which states this. And why, if the practice is illegal in the UK, is your Ministry of Defence sending members of your armed forces overseas to a place where it is legal? Surely, if it were such, as someone whose opinion I respect said, a "necessary evil", the practice would be allowed in Britain. It would save lots of money, and would take place in a country where bacon sandwiches are haute cuisine ... a not unimportant side benefit.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 21:06   #118
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Yes, I know, I'll start posting more when I get used to the site and find out if the members are friendly.
Watch out for the click!
Old 04-03-2014, 21:15   #119
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Me too ...

But there are a couple of things I don't understand. Why are most of those who oppose your views assuming that you value pigs more than humans? I really haven't read anything that you posted which states this. And why, if the practice is illegal in the UK, is your Ministry of Defence sending members of your armed forces overseas to a place where it is legal? Surely, if it were such, as someone whose opinion I respect said, a "necessary evil", the practice would be allowed in Britain. It would save lots of money, and would take place in a country where bacon sandwiches are haute cuisine ... a not unimportant side benefit.
According to here - Ministry of Defence defends shooting pigs for medical training at Nato's training facilities in Jaegerspris, Denmark | Metro News - it`s not illegal. "The MoD argued that although the practice would not be illegal in the UK, approval would have to be obtained on a case-by-case basis from the Home Office."
So why go to Denmark? From the link in original post - "by participating in the Danish-led exercises twice a year rather than conducting our own, we minimise the overall number of animals used.”
DtheP47 likes this.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 21:30   #120
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Me too ...

But there are a couple of things I don't understand. Why are most of those who oppose your views assuming that you value pigs more than humans? I really haven't read anything that you posted which states this.
That's just members jumping to assumptions,bit hypocritical but I let hem get on with it.....

....It's sad but I kind of like letting them land in ignorance

Ps don't say anything that doesn't fit into their bubble.

password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 04-03-2014 at 21:34.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..