Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2003, 15:02   #16
Resting in Peace

Post Re: Another Accy forum starts

just had a look at the site 3 registerd members as of sat
cheap lookalike dont think it will go anywhere

stay with the best
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-09-2003, 16:47   #17
Neal Parry

You'll have no problems with any competition Roy. Your site loads fine, it's easy to read and understand and it's just amazing!

Keep up the good work.
Old 07-09-2003, 03:08   #18
Caz
God Member

It seems the situation may not be that straight forward re the council.

Some points someone suggested might cause a problem:

Should anyone be free to leave a link:
Should all sites be more carefully vetted:
If there is a problem deciding who's in & who's out, should all links be stopped:
Are all  sites we assume are for adults (such as this forum) sure that their members are of a reasonable age:
etc, etc,

Personally I think it is the parent's responsiblity to check which sites their kids are using. How can the Admin of our forum, for instance, check on the validity of a members application, any more than this young boy can check on the validity of his, which is the main issue here.

But just because this boy's parent's ridiculous actions leave him & others open to abuse, does this mean the council should condone it?

The site has a message system like this one, for goodness sake!!

Not to mention the filth this boy could end up moderating.

We have been lucky on this forum, in that the large majority of our members have been decent responsible people. But anyone who has visited others will know this is not always the case.

Publicising the fact - as The Observer has already done - that it is being moderated by a child, in my eyes, makes the likelihood of bad posts even more likely, even if it only as a sick joke.

I just hope the Observer realises the error of it's ways, and that the Council doesn't make a big mistake .

Sorry to keep going on about this issue, but I feel so strongly about it, I will push this as far as I can! > >

Hopefully it won't be necessary as the site will die a death if this boy gets bored. Or maybe his parents will see sense, one never knows.

The posts so far seem to have been written by youngsters. Let's hope so, and that if this forum stays live it stays that way. Perverts are devious people.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 12:54   #19
Resting in Peace

I agree with you cazzer
how can a boy of his age moderate a forum he has no experiance of life.
i too hope his parents realise this and ether takeover the site themselves or shut it down
as for the observer they should no better.
:-X
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 23:19   #20
Caz
God Member

Just checked the forum, which I have been doing a lot.
No longer an Ezboard, but no improvement. Clock obviously wrong, otherwise kids up till midnight on the internet.

Something else is interesting, I'm not saying what, could be totally wrong, may be just a coincidence. Don't know if anyone else can spot it.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 08-09-2003, 23:24   #21
I am Banned

no moderators ????

Do I win ?
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 23:25   #22
Caz
God Member

There is that too! i'll IM you Harry

- Oscar Wilde
Old 08-09-2003, 23:29   #23
I am Banned

Kid zone is now TEEN zone?
Old 08-09-2003, 23:33   #24
Caz
God Member

just wondering too,  whether by junior member they mean new member or child. If the latter is the case it proves how easy it is for an adult to pass off as a child as you can see.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 08-09-2003, 23:37   #25
I am Banned

Click on MEMBERS in this forum.. couple of hundred Jr members

You can't tell anyones age on a MB, You can't know where they are from, You can't know anything about them other than what they tell you on a form.

You can grab info about there computer.. But nothing important and certainly nothing that would tell you about the person at the other end.

Old 08-09-2003, 23:47   #26
Caz
God Member

Forgotten we had juniors on here! Doh! :-[

My point about the lad running this forum though is that if it does get going half of the members could be adults and no one would know. There could be children on our forum, but the parents should be in control of what they are doing and monitoring their access to the internet. Setting a child up for this kind of thing is another matter entirely.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 09-09-2003, 01:00   #27
I am Banned

Lets see if the observer have an attack of common sense and say summat this week eh
Old 09-09-2003, 14:13   #28
Roy
Administrator

Is it me or is someone cutting and pasting messages from this forum into that forum?
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 14:42   #29
I am Banned

Certainly the subjects seem to be the same.. spooky or what? or not?

Nice new Flag BTW Roy
Old 09-09-2003, 19:50   #30
Caz
God Member

Presume I'm Ok in doing this as the post was available for all to see anyway. If not someone please tell me and I'll delete!
Just been over to this forum again:

From one of the posts on there:
Quote:
if everyone is local meet in town or somewhere suitable

- Oscar Wilde

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..