Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2003, 16:40   #1
I am Banned

Post Another Accy forum starts

Just read Fridays Accy Observer and theres a piece in about a new forum for Accrington... But it isn't this one..

www.accringtononthe.net
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-09-2003, 16:52   #2

Post Re: Another Accy forum starts

Its ok, it will never take off, for some very simple reasons . ..

Its loading times a very bad
And its an Ezboard forum, so its genrally just cr**, and another reason for it being so slow

Long live accringtonweb.net !!  ;D
Old 04-09-2003, 16:55   #3
I am Banned

According to the Observer its made and run by a 12 year old.. hmmmm Well its not its made by ezboard and setup by someone older than 12 thats for sure.

Not trying to knock the lads efforts but I feel he has missed the boat somewhat.. And to be perfectly honest I wouldn't want moderating by a 12 year old.
Old 04-09-2003, 17:11   #4
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

It'll never take off, all the best members are already on this one ;D

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 17:17   #5
Roy
Administrator

Competition is healthy! Hehe, I wonder if the lad knows about this forum?  Well, very busy must go and add it to the links section! (Then I'm off to flame someone ;D)
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 17:30   #6
Caz
God Member

I agree. Not knocking the lads efforts, but is this really the sort of thing a twelve year old should be doing? I don't think I'd want my youngest who are almost 14, moderating adults. So he is the one who is going to be in control of moderating any bad language, racism etc? Even some  jokes aren't suitable for a twelve year old - even the ones on this forum!

I wouldn't even recommend that he keeps it just for kids, there are enough ways for pervs to contact children on the net without this.

I don't think his parents have thought this through properly, I really don't. :

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 19:07   #7
Roy
Administrator

Hehe - just been browsing that forum - ezboard use google ads for the banner adds, the google add for this forum just popped up.... I was amused!
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 19:22   #8

JUST HAD A BROWSE MYSELF. NOT OVER IMPRESSED, BUT PROBABLY COULDNT DO AS WELL MYSELF. LONG LIVE ACCRINGTON WEB. RESPECT TO THE WEB MASTER ROY!!!!

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 21:07   #9

so lets be fair here...has the Observer ever mentioned this one? if not someone should get on that!!!!
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 21:13   #10
I am Banned

I asked the observer about a year ago to mention my site as its all accrington and they said they would. they didnt of course and a few months later asked if they could use some pictures as there sports photographer let them down.. and they would plug my website in return.... well there photpgrapher turned up and they didnt use mine and of course they didnt plug my site and a year later I am still waiting..

Looks like there only going to plug it if they ever use one of my pictures eh... I would normally swear at this point but I wont..

Observer... they can go whatsit!
Old 04-09-2003, 22:06   #11
Caz
God Member

I asked if they would publicise Springhill Spotlight as a community website (that's what the council have classed it as, not me being presumptuous)

They said they would only do it if they used my name in the article, otherwise no. I said in the circumstances, considering some of the content on the site, that it was not a good idea.

They knew who I was, and also my name does appear on the site somewhere.

What is the difference in printing anonymous letters (name given) which they do, & publicising an anonymous site (name given)?  ???

I could send them a photo of a grotspot and a letter, which they would print without my name, but I cant do the same on the internet. Strange!

- Oscar Wilde
Old 05-09-2003, 10:34   #12
Caz
God Member

Post .Re: Another Accy forum starts

Have been in contact with Hyndburn Council re the new forum.
Included a copy of my letter to the Observer. (see Observer thread)

- Oscar Wilde
Old 05-09-2003, 11:16   #13
I am Banned

The new Hyndburn B Councils website. (OK it was new)When it started they had a messageboard like this.. But it only lasted a week and they closed it. They said its open to abuse so decided aganst running it....

So I would imagine they would agree wth you seeing as they clsoed theres BEFORE it got off the ground properly just in case of abuse..

As for the observer. Will they know what a moderator is or have any clue what your talking about.. Having seen there poor excuse for a website I have to think not
Old 05-09-2003, 11:20   #14
I am Banned

BTW... About 3 or 4 years ago we (My wife julie and I) started an Accrington forum. I set it up for Julie to run.. But although the website was busy.. No one really used the forum.. This was when we owned www.accrington-web.co.uk which was then sold about 3 years ago to a local businessman (My mate Arshad at SR Electronics) who has really let it go

I guess more people on the net now so more interest..

Old 05-09-2003, 20:34   #15

Post theRe: Another Accy forum starts

They dont have a calender.
asfc is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..