Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-09-2008, 19:47   #16
Caz
God Member

Re: Another Bra Thread!

Quote:
Not being funny but logically wouldnt there me an increase in price with an increase in material ?
Erm .....not to THAT extent! lol, not exactly asking for parachutes! you will note that you can buy clothes in a size 10, costing the same as in an 18. So why should an inch or so on the boobies incur much more cost, lol! And as I said, much larger "chest" sizes in bras are readily available at no extra cost!

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Caz; 19-09-2008 at 19:53.
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-09-2008, 19:49   #17
Caz
God Member

Thanks Margaret!!

- Oscar Wilde
Old 19-09-2008, 19:59   #18
God Member

I don't know why I'm replying to this thread.

My cup certainly does not overflow so I can't offer advice.....I might as well have stayed silent really.
Old 19-09-2008, 20:02   #19
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I don't know why I'm replying to this thread.

My cup certainly does not overflow so I can't offer advice.....I might as well have stayed silent really.
Lol!

Wanna swap!

- Oscar Wilde
Old 19-09-2008, 20:11   #20
Senior Member+

mine are fairly spectacular at the mo........not as good as my bump which i'm sure linds will agree with (not that she's seen my boobs...oh dear, shut up emma)

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 21:06   #21
God Member

I agree it's very frustrating that the shops don't sell big sizes. Most women wear the wrong size - probably because most women wear a smaller cup size than the need and compensate by wearing a bigger bra size. It can do huge amounts of damage to your back if you wear the wrong size so it really is worth investing in a couple of good ones that fit perfectly. It's not just aesthetics but it's your health.

I buy from Amplebosom online.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 21:18   #22

I’m sure there’s an ad running on telly at the moment for larger type bra’s. I was reading when it was on yesterday and today so dint clock the company name, got the jist of the ad tho. Has nobody else seen it ?
Old 19-09-2008, 21:20   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazzer View Post
Erm .....not to THAT extent! lol, not exactly asking for parachutes! you will note that you can buy clothes in a size 10, costing the same as in an 18. So why should an inch or so on the boobies incur much more cost, lol! And as I said, much larger "chest" sizes in bras are readily available at no extra cost!
That is not actually 100% true. Some stores do put higher prices on the bigger clothes. I've picked up a 10, not managed to get my boobs into it so gone for a 12 just to see its £2 more before.

I fortunately don't have a problem with bra's but my top half dress size is bigger than my bottom half thanks to my chest. And I feel for you, I'm a 36C and would still like a smaller chest so I can't imagine what it must be like to have boobs like yours.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 21:28   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
I’m sure there’s an ad running on telly at the moment for larger type bra’s. I was reading when it was on yesterday and today so dint clock the company name, got the jist of the ad tho. Has nobody else seen it ?
Was it Naturally Close? Have bought quite a lot from them.
Old 19-09-2008, 21:29   #25
Caz
God Member

Yep, seen it, prices out of my range. That is what I'm mainly getting at.
I should be able to get the support I need and deserve at a reasonable price, like anyone of an average size. As I keep saying , if I was larger than I am, say 44 inch chest, but only a C cup, finding a bra would be no prob. But I have an average chest size, 36, and larger boobies.

If I was "larger in size" than I am, and could diet, to solve my problem, I would be catered for at a reasonable price. But I can't alter my genetic big boobies therefore I am penalised.

As Gayle says it's not just aesthetics, but a health matter! don't even sleep without some sort of support.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 19-09-2008, 21:31   #26
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
And I feel for you, I'm a 36C and would still like a smaller chest so I can't imagine what it must be like to have boobs like yours.
Lol! Yes I do feel a bit of a freak sometimes lol!

- Oscar Wilde
Old 19-09-2008, 21:40   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazzer View Post
The extra cost can’t be material related as you say, more likely related to doing short production runs for a product which isn’t in particularly high demand. I assume they are harder to find due to retailer/supplier trying to save some cash by only stocking what they can realistically expect to sell.

Having stuff sat on shelves is dead money I imagine.
Old 19-09-2008, 21:41   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Was it Naturally Close? Have bought quite a lot from them.
The name isn't ringing any bells...will have to pay attention next time it's on telly
Old 19-09-2008, 21:47   #29
Caz
God Member

Quote:
The extra cost can’t be material related as you say, more likely related to doing short production runs for a product which isn’t in particularly high demand. I assume they are harder to find due to retailer/supplier trying to save some cash by only stocking what they can realistically expect to sell.

Having stuff sat on shelves is dead money I imagine.
Yes but, like i say, Asda stock Jordan's range in my size. So assume they don't see that as dead money. Why can't they supply every day stuff then? For most of us larger cup ladies, wearing that sort of bra constantly isn't comfortable. The market is obviously there, they should cater for it. just as they do with larger chested ladies.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 19-09-2008, 21:53   #30
God Member

Don't know about anybody else but I've found that a lot of bras nowadays have flimsy straps. It is nice to find a bra other than bog standard but feel the straps quite often are useless

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..