Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-09-2008, 08:26   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Another Bra Thread!

I dont have the problem of not being able to find bra's in a big enough cup size to fit me, but agree with you all that you cant say for deffinate that you are a certain size, it varies from shop to shop which is quite annoying really

I would love to not have to wear a bra but i just dont feel comfortable without one, its not that they are saggy, they are bad really for their size, its just i dont feel comfortable if they arnt supported, kinda naked in a way, like going out with no nickers on, just wouldnt seem right to me lol
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-09-2008, 08:50   #47
Beacon of light

Braless isn't really an option for ladies of my generation.
I bought some bras from Primark earlier in the year and they are really pretty and more to the point comfortable too.
When my Ma saw them(she is over 80) she asked me to get her a couple as well.....she usually pays in excess of £20 for a bra.....and she says the primark ones were far more comfortable.

By the way.......I don't get any commission for promoting their products....I just like a bargain and am happy to pass on my shopping experiences.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 17:01   #48

I don't know about you ladies out there but, does anyone have a problem getting non wired bras. I have a calcified rib and the wires really put pressure on it which causes me a lot of pain. I gave up trying to find any decent bras with proper support and usually go with a crop top or sports bra.
mothernature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 17:11   #49
Beacon of light

I noticed today, on Accy market, there is a stall near Wilkinsons that sell M&S bras(allegedly) up to a G cup....and priced at £5.99...they have to be worth a look.
Old 23-09-2008, 17:36   #50
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

G cup??!!!, bloody hell im only a B

doesnt matalan sell big cup bra's?
Old 23-09-2008, 18:03   #51
Beacon of light

Cazzer was asking....that is why I mentioned it....and yes, Matalan do the large cups too.
Old 23-09-2008, 18:38   #52
Senior Member+

I am only a 40c but tends to look bigger ( ??) and most ranges stop at 38 c, very frustrating ! Avon do my size though and they are decent value and not bad to look at . ( the bras that is.....)
Old 26-09-2008, 18:44   #53
Caz
God Member

Quote:
G cup??!!!, bloody hell im only a B

doesnt matalan sell big cup bra's?
They do, in some ranges, but their fit isn't brilliant. And as I said, one range to another, the fit isn't the same.
Can get the odd underwired bra in places, in my size, usually at a price. But what I want is everyday comfort, or even a sports bra that fits without flattening, has decent straps, but doesn't look like my grannies undies. Not much to ask really.

Thanks all for the input. Will check out M & S on market stall, but last time I went, didn't have what I was looking for.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 21:26   #54
Resting in Peace

Best of luck in your search Cazzer, you are quite an unusual size, narrow back, but big boobs .. ideally sexy I would think .. LOL. My grandaughter is similar .. 34 E/F .. she doesn't have a problem with getting bras. Unfortunately, because you are out of the norm (be proud !) .. comes with a cost ... so pay it .. worth a new dress anytime.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 21:46   #55
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Best of luck in your search Cazzer, you are quite an unusual size, narrow back, but big boobs .. ideally sexy I would think .. LOL.
Ooh i like you Kate!
My grandaughter is similar .. 34 E/F .. she doesn't have a problem with getting bras. Unfortunately, because you are out of the norm (be proud !)
Yes i'm proud of my upper body size, even though i didn't do anything to get it lol! .. Just wish the bottom half compared lol!
comes with a cost ... so pay it .. worth a new dress anytime.
Just wish I could afford that new dress!

- Oscar Wilde
Old 26-09-2008, 21:46   #56
Passed away 25-11-09

I'm a 34F and I expect to spend about £25, at least, on a bra. I have an M & S one which was only £14 but - you can tell the difference.
Old 26-09-2008, 21:48   #57
Caz
God Member

Aaah, at last.... a soul mate...! the fit is everything isn't it? and when you are our size, it comes at a price... which is soooo annoying.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 28-09-2008, 17:53   #58
God Member

Most women wear the wrong size - the chances are that you are wearing a bra that is too big for you round the rib cage and too small for you in the cup.

If your bra slips at all up your back that's probably the reason. Which is why you would think that shops would sell more in the bigger cup sizes and encourage us all to wear the right size.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..