Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-09-2008, 17:38   #1
Caz
God Member

Another Bra Thread!

Inspired by Sarah's backless bra quest. Apologies to the fellas!

How many of you ladies on here have problems getting bras in a larger size?
I don't mean chest size...I can find loads of bras easily up to a 44" chest, but the larger cup size?

I have great difficulty finding them - 36G - at a reasonable price. Half the ones I find aren't a good fit, or don't give enough support. As for sports bras, I finally found one my size the other day and it's absolutely awful, totally shapeless and flat. Suppose I was lucky and only paid 2 quid in a sale, lol. It's now been down graded to a "sleep bra"! Am I the only one who gets pain if even lying in bed too long without support?

Gripe over.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-09-2008, 18:03   #2
God Member

Re: Another Bra Thread!

I don't have that size problem, but online shops cater for all sizes, whereas a local shop will stock big-selling sizes only.
I just googled 'large cup bras'
large cup bras - Google Search

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 18:10   #3
God Member

M & S usually do good sizes
Old 19-09-2008, 18:19   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazzer View Post
Inspired by Sarah's backless bra quest. Apologies to the fellas!

How many of you ladies on here have problems getting bras in a larger size?
I don't mean chest size...I can find loads of bras easily up to a 44" chest, but the larger cup size?

I have great difficulty finding them - 36G - at a reasonable price. Half the ones I find aren't a good fit, or don't give enough support. As for sports bras, I finally found one my size the other day and it's absolutely awful, totally shapeless and flat. Suppose I was lucky and only paid 2 quid in a sale, lol. It's now been down graded to a "sleep bra"! Am I the only one who gets pain if even lying in bed too long without support?

Gripe over.
Looking at your Avatar - Are you sure
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 18:20   #5
Caz
God Member

Yes, looked on line, several sites. But on a low fixed income the prices are usually prohibitive. Then there is the problem that if the "fit" isn't right, or they aren't comfortable, they have to be sent back. And yes I do realise that stores tend to sell the "big selling bras". But so many women have the same problem, and it makes such a difference to quality of life if you have a decent comfortable one, (you men may smirk, but you have no idea! lol) that it's about time retailers changed their ideas. At least if they don't have them in stock they could offer to get them.

I can get sexy stuff in my size, no problem, even Asda does Jordan's range, in my size. And we can all take a bit of discomfort dressing for the bedroom, lol. But we want everyday stuff, work stuff. If Asda can stock these, why not normal wear?

- Oscar Wilde
Old 19-09-2008, 18:21   #6
Caz
God Member

Not seen one in M & S my size yet. like I was saying, big chest - yes, big cups - no.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 19-09-2008, 18:22   #7
God Member

i'm only a DD so i dont know how far some shops go in cup size, primark do dead comfy everyday bra's
Old 19-09-2008, 18:23   #8
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Looking at your Avatar - Are you sure
Lol!
That's gorgeous Grissom - Billy Peterson!

- Oscar Wilde
Old 19-09-2008, 18:26   #9
God Member

You can't get more basic and supportive than Triumph Doreen- the one I wear
Triumph Doreen
Once you have established which Doreen bra you need, I recommend an ebay search.
I found my last one there - new for a fiver +p/p
(It still had the tags on but box was battered - probably bankrupt stock)

Last edited by MargaretR; 19-09-2008 at 18:31.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 18:28   #10
Passed away 25-11-09

There's a brilliant store in Warrington which stocks large cup sizes, even in small back sizes. I've shopped there for years and I can recommend them. Warrington's a really nice shopping centre, with a brand new mall, for a day out.
Hancock & Wood: Lingerie and Nightwear

Bravissimo has a shop in Manchester and I believe one has just opened in Liverpool but, of course, you can shop online with them.

M & S have started stocking larger cup sizes but the range isn't that great.
Old 19-09-2008, 18:35   #11
Caz
God Member

Yes basic, but a comfortable option. They used to have them in Ethel's, but only smaller sizes. think E was the largest I saw. Which sort of defeats the fact that Doreen do tend cater for us big girls.
Pity Cobra isn't still in Accy!

Looks like Ebay it is...but can't send those back can I, lol. Either that or a boob reduction. Would gladly swap with someone who wants implants.

Thanks for the info about Warrington, Westender. Might be worth a trip out one day.

- Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Caz; 19-09-2008 at 18:36. Reason: missed somat
Old 19-09-2008, 18:46   #12

Bravisimo either through the net or Manchester stor
or Avon cosmetics do some larger sizes very reasonably priced
Or shop in Fleming Square at Blackburn
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 18:51   #13
Caz
God Member

Bravissimo are quite pricy, want to be able to buy stuff at similar prices to everyone else, that's the main thing that annoys me! Not my fault I'm big boobed. If It was just a size and weight problem I wouldn't mind, as that would be an issue for me to deal with. It's just genetics.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 19-09-2008, 19:37   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazzer View Post
Bravissimo are quite pricy, want to be able to buy stuff at similar prices to everyone else, that's the main thing that annoys me! Not my fault I'm big boobed. If It was just a size and weight problem I wouldn't mind, as that would be an issue for me to deal with. It's just genetics.
Not being funny but logically wouldnt there me an increase in price with an increase in material ?
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 19:44   #15
Beacon of light

Primark do some large cup sizes....though I am not quite sure what size they go up to.
Not only that, even their everyday wear is not ugly like some of the Large cup size bras......just because there is a lot of overhang doesn't mean you want your underwear to look 'industrial'...or like it is constructed from girders.

I might be going to Manchester tomorrow.......I will check out what cup sizes they do.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..