Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2008, 18:57   #1
Full Member+

Another firm goes bust

Bolton based Hurstwood Developments went into administration yesterday. Hurstwood have been very active with the redevelopment of the Rawtenstall centre and surrounding area. No doubt there are some local tradesmen who will be affected by this news.
Fresh insolvency for Hurstwood - Business - News - Manchester Evening News
Old 17-09-2008, 19:00   #2
God Member

Re: Another firm goes bust

It reminds me of the last ressession of '92 seems to be mirroring it these days & many more will go to the wall, tho will be more business for the official recievers companies

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 19:07   #3
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Oh I hope my fella's firm he works for doesnt go bust!!, we will be up the creek!!

scary thought isnt it

Last edited by Mick; 18-09-2008 at 05:54.
panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 21:39   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
It reminds me of the last ressession of '92 seems to be mirroring it these days & many more will go to the wall, tho will be more business for the official recievers companies
think 92 will be nowt compared to this trickle, which sadly i think will soon become a torrent.
Old 18-09-2008, 00:43   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
think 92 will be nowt compared to this trickle, which sadly i think will soon become a torrent.
Sad to say, I agree with you.
Didn't hurstwood have a lot of rented retail/office/industrial properties? I wonder how their tenants will be affected?

Also did anyone else see the HBOS saga unfolding on TV today and wonder what the real story is?
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 00:47   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
Sad to say, I agree with you.
Didn't hurstwood have a lot of rented retail/office/industrial properties? I wonder how their tenants will be affected?

Also did anyone else see the HBOS saga unfolding on TV today and wonder what the real story is?
be interesting to see what comes out in the wash with that one? takeover would never be allowed, but fer the circumstances of the day,of that i'm near sure.
Old 18-09-2008, 00:50   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
be interesting to see what comes out in the wash with that one? takeover would never be allowed, but fer the circumstances of the day,of that i'm near sure.
Yes, I wondered if the Monopolies and Mergers had taken the day off!
My prediction is that sooner or later there is going to be a major financial institution in this country that collapses, just not sure which one it will be.
Old 18-09-2008, 00:57   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

somehow its not that that bothers me, think after "Northern Rock" the powers that be will not allow that to happen, i have lived @ worked through a few boom @bust periods in my time and been fortunate enough to survive without undue worry, now it don't matter no more, this one really bothers me, more fer the young with families etc than owt, hope i am wrong.
Old 18-09-2008, 01:00   #9

I fear that the Powers That Be are taking their eyes off the ball to much and sooner or later they will get to the stage where they cant or wont prop up any more companies.
Old 18-09-2008, 01:01   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
I fear that the Powers That Be are taking their eyes off the ball to much and sooner or later they will get to the stage where they cant or wont prop up any more companies.
their eyes where ever on the ball?
Old 18-09-2008, 07:15   #11
God Member

Empty business premises now get charged rates (didn't used to be so) -so there will be more of them going up in flames to avoid it.
That will make it harder for new businesses to find premises when the bad times end.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 13:21   #12

Drawn what little money I have out of HBOS, I'm not taking any chances.
vicky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2008, 15:23   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky1 View Post
If you had less than £35000 there it was no risk
Now all local burglars will be trying to pinpoint your address thinking you have more

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2008, 23:34   #14
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky1 View Post

Reverse scenario, you think I can forget about my credit card debt?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..