Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2008, 20:12   #1
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Another Govt Data Disk Is Missing

Thousands of prison staff have been at risk since July, when the Prison Service first realised their personnel records were mislaid..........

Government Missing Data Scandal: Inquiry As Prison Staff Hard Drive Revealed Missing Since July | UK News | Sky News

*Tut Tut*
oh dear
Old 06-09-2008, 22:59   #2
God Member

Re: Another Govt Data Disk Is Missing

do these people that loose these disks actualy ever loose their jobs ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 23:15   #3

Can't say I've heard of anyone being fired as yet, think a few have been suspended pending enquiries
Old 07-09-2008, 08:34   #4
God Member

Its becoming a habit is this disc losing malarky. The govenment and its subbies need to get a grip as in these uncetain times info held on the discs will be worth a lot to some unscrueplious cus. Putting peoples lives and lively at risk due to incompitence is unacceptable. Sadlly it allso shows how unsafe the technology we have can be when storing and transfering data.

As for someone losing their job well it will be a scape goat that cops it not the real culprits ie those with power that decide its the cheapest way to do a job.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 16:56   #5
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device
And some of you want to trust this shower with a national ID card scheme?

You need your heads examining if you vote for the scheme
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 04:28   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
And some of you want to trust this shower with a national ID card scheme?

You need your heads examining if you vote for the scheme
are we actualy going to get to vote on it? , i only ask because this govenment didnt even let us vote for our current prime minister

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 06:26   #7
God Member

nope, no referendum, my reference for vote was aimed at those who think its a good idea and something we should be voting our goverment back in for.

Just hand over your £150/head and we'll lose all your data in one swoop

Thanks for doing business with HMG!

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 08:10   #8
God Member

This government has as much chance of getting back in as I have of winning a beauty contest. They love going on about terror threats and security of the nation but seem to have a nak of putting us at risk better than any other set of individuals. Its a very poor do that those charged by us with our safety make Mr Magoo, Wiley Coyote Mr Bean Tom from Tom n Jerry but to name a few look very poor at bungling things.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..