Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-06-2021, 09:27   #16
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Another nail

[QUOTE=taddy;1254824][QUOTE=cashman;1254816]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
that aint much good for disabled or older people is it,i have only used the one in the arndale,

I am in my 75th year, I have two artificial knee joints plus a 14 inch long Kuntscher Nail,(I.E a hollow stainless steel pin) inside my right leg and an eight inch long stainless steel plate with eight stainless steel screws in the same thigh bone it does not stop me hopping (no pun intended) on a bus and walking to wherever i wish to shop. My bus pass is free, using the car is not.
I prefer shopping online, there is no chance of meeting some miserable old sod telling me about his operations, then bragging about using inconvenient transport just because he can.
DaveinGermany and taddy like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-06-2021, 09:33   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
[

I am in my 75th year, I have two artificial knee joints plus a 14 inch long Kuntscher Nail,(I.E a hollow stainless steel pin) inside my right leg and an eight inch long stainless steel plate with eight stainless steel screws in the same thigh bone it does not stop me hopping (no pun intended) on a bus and walking to wherever i wish to shop. My bus pass is free, using the car is not.
like your style. wish there was more like you about and less of those mobility scooters where the only disability many have is idleness or fatness. not my words but ones my step son who had spina bifeda used about them. he,s quite happy to do his thing pushing himself along in the old fashioned wheelchair.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2021, 11:49   #18

[QUOTE=Less;1254828][QUOTE=taddy;1254824][QUOTE=cashman;1254816]

I prefer shopping online, there is no chance of meeting some miserable old sod telling me about his operations, then bragging about using inconvenient transport just because he can.

Oh Less, as Dick Emery used to say, "You are awful but I like you". How much of an old sod are you by the way?
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2021, 11:52   #19
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

[QUOTE=taddy;1254837][QUOTE=Less;1254828][QUOTE=taddy;1254824]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post

Oh Less, as Dick Emery used to say, "You are awful but I like you". How much of an old sod are you by the way?
3/6d or maybe 11d (not the full shilling).

Last edited by Less; 24-06-2021 at 11:56.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2021, 13:52   #20
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
found dog and bird food more expensive on line.

The food I bought from petshop.co.uk wasn't all that more expensive than from the supermarkets, plus I'm getting the flavours she likes rather than a box of 12 with 4 flavours when she only likes one out of the 4.
Old 24-06-2021, 17:32   #21
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryewolf90 View Post
- apart form using Wilkos for the cat treats the my little kitty likes.

I've even started ordering cat food online, as she's a fussy eater and only like certain flavours from certain brands

Something wrong there mate seeing as you're a Hound type of person, you're letting a fussy pussy get the upper hand!
taddy likes this.
Old 24-06-2021, 17:41   #22
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
and my religion ? I am a high Priest of the Tightarsus church.

Founded in Yorkingshire way back in the mists of time, the acolytes from the order of the clenching sphincter. Later based in some hole in the ground up on the moors to save the costs of a building after being evicted from Whitby abbey for not paying for its upkeep & the rent.
taddy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 25-06-2021, 08:44   #23
God Member

[QUOTE=taddy;1254837][QUOTE=Less;1254828][QUOTE=taddy;1254824][QUOTE=cashman;1254816]

a lot of that is because they are lonely people and need to talk to someone and you might be the first person they have spoke to for days. it might feel inconveniant to you as it does to me as i quite enjoy my own company who certainly prefers being a loner than being in big groups of folk.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..