Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-06-2021, 21:25   #1
God Member

Another nail

Just heard that Iceland are closing their store in the Arndale centre on 7th August - there'll be nothing left to go into town for soon. Feel so sorry for all of the staff who will be made redundant
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-06-2021, 21:29   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Another nail

At this rate....they will knock the place down and build houses on the land.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2021, 08:31   #3
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
No, they'll be trendy and turn it over to soil and start a Vegan farm.

'Anyone for raw Brussel Sprouts?'
monkey hanger likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2021, 09:31   #4
God Member

Quote:
as long as the car park remained that would not be a bad idea. to be honest in the few times we come to the town we have not spent a penny in the place but have spent elsewhere.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2021, 20:45   #5
Beacon of light

There was a plan put forward to demolish half of the Arndale and build homes on the land...not sure who put it forward.
Old 23-06-2021, 14:23   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The Arndale sadly is finished in my view. whatever happens! in fact Accy has been destroyed. there aint even a mens shop just a stall in market hall.
Old 23-06-2021, 14:30   #7
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
There was a plan put forward to demolish half of the Arndale and build homes on the land...not sure who put it forward.
Well, at least they will be handy for the shops....

Ah, maybe not.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2021, 15:48   #8

[QUOTE=AccyMad;1254767]Just heard that Iceland are closing their store in the Arndale centre on 7th August - there'll be nothing left to go into town for soon. Feel so sorry for all of the staff who will be made redundant

What is wrong with using the Iceland store on the same site as Pets at Home? bigger store, parking outside.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2021, 18:15   #9
God Member

[QUOTE=taddy;1254811]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Just heard that Iceland are closing their store in the Arndale centre on 7th August - there'll be nothing left to go into town for soon. Feel so sorry for all of the staff who will be made redundant

What is wrong with using the Iceland store on the same site as Pets at Home? bigger store, parking outside.
Apparently the Iceland Warehouse store on Eastgate doesn't have a home delivery option as the one in the Arndale does, also not everyone has a car to need the parking
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2021, 18:33   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

[QUOTE=AccyMad;1254813]
Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post

Apparently the Iceland Warehouse store on Eastgate doesn't have a home delivery option as the one in the Arndale does, also not everyone has a car to need the parking
that aint much good for disabled or older people is it,i have only used the one in the arndale,
Old 23-06-2021, 19:00   #11
Beacon of light

It is very short sighted to close this store.
It is used by many of those who do not have their own transport.....close to the bus station....and as has been pointed out there is no option for a delivery service from the Eastgate store.
Old 23-06-2021, 19:43   #12
Full Member+

To be honest I very rarely go into Accrington town centre these days - apart form using Wilkos for the cat treats the my little kitty likes. I've even started ordering cat food online, as she's a fussy eater and only like certain flavours from certain brands and supermarkets have mostly stopped selling individual pouches of wet food in favour of 12 or more pouches per box with 3 or 4 different flavours. So now I can order a box of 24 pouches of the one she likes.
Old 24-06-2021, 08:49   #13
God Member

found dog and bird food more expensive on line. get the majority of my stuff from colne. the 10 mile journey at least allows one of the cars to get totally warmed up. think we all need to attempt to get out and find a reason to do it. longer you avoid even the shop visits the harder it will be to start doing it.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2021, 09:00   #14

[QUOTE=cashman;1254816][QUOTE=AccyMad;1254813]that aint much good for disabled or older people is it,i have only used the one in the arndale,

I am in my 75th year, I have two artificial knee joints plus a 14 inch long Kuntscher Nail,(I.E a hollow stainless steel pin) inside my right leg and an eight inch long stainless steel plate with eight stainless steel screws in the same thigh bone it does not stop me hopping (no pun intended) on a bus and walking to wherever i wish to shop. My bus pass is free, using the car is not.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 24-06-2021, 09:05   #15

and my religion ? I am a high Priest of the Tightarsus church.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..