Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Is this another Rip Off
Yes the greedy gits. 19 86.36%
No they need the money. 3 13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2012, 00:11   #46

Re: Another Rip Off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Why am i bitter? aint never cost me, Its about fair play, A thing yer too dense to grasp i know.
Oh i grasp it when i look at the tax i pay on my wage everyweek but thats the world / country we live in i could take my job and move abroad but the grass aint always greener on the other side.

If they are good quality items that are upto date and not got wobbley wheels and manky handles i wouldnt complain
Old 17-02-2012, 00:16   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommiasfc View Post
Oh i grasp it when i look at the tax i pay on my wage everyweek but thats the world / country we live in i could take my job and move abroad but the grass aint always greener on the other side.

If they are good quality items that are upto date and not got wobbley wheels and manky handles i wouldnt complain
Oh yeh will grasp when yeh look at yer wage, Thats it in a nutshell, "Me,Me,Me" sod other folk. yeh couldn't have explained it better.
Old 17-02-2012, 00:19   #48

Quote:
Oh yeh will grasp when yeh look at yer wage, Thats it in a nutshell, "Me,Me,Me" sod other folk. yeh couldn't have explained it better.
What that I grasp how much people have to pay in this system we live in??? Im not happy about it but i just get on with it.
Old 17-02-2012, 01:05   #49
God Member

It's only a quid here and a quid there..but it all adds up to costing the consumer.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 07:21   #50
Mog

I dont know if its just general banter with some of you guys or is it that some of you do not see eye to eye. But whatever you do or have to do in your life is your choice. If you dont like the idea of paying a pound for a poxy trolly. Dont. If you feel that its not right and you dont want to pay. Dont. If you know that you require a trolly but dont want to pay. Dont. If you want a trolly and dont mind paying. Do. That is what makes this country of mine great. You have a choice. I dont know if the owners of the airport have a duty of care to provide you with a trolly or not. If they have a duty of care then it should be free. If there is no requierment for them to provide one. then the choice is up to them as if they charge you for it or not. Just like it is the choice of you as to use one or not.
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 09:03   #51
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToffeeGuy View Post
Get your facts right, Manchester Airport is owned by Manchester City Council and the 9 other Greater Manchester local authorities.

Capitalist? If I lived in one of those authorities I'd be glad that the money from car parks etc was going to fund my local services and reduce my council tax burden.
It was a tongue-in-cheek comment, but of course, you're far too humourless, self-righteous and generally holier-than-thou to see that.
Old 17-02-2012, 09:40   #52
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Why am i bitter? aint never cost me, Its about fair play, A thing yer too dense to grasp i know.
I think some people just can see their hand if its in front off their face cashy, a rip off is a rip off, whether its for a £1 or £1000
Old 17-02-2012, 12:13   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
It was a tongue-in-cheek comment, but of course, you're far too humourless, self-righteous and generally holier-than-thou to see that.
That's probably because I haven't had a holiday in a while, not being able to afford one. As I now can't even afford a trolley it makes the prospect even more remote.

Anyhow, I never really fancied sitting in a tin can for hours breathing in other peoples' pumps just to get to some place full of other English people complaining about how 'blighty' is being taken over by foreigners who don't bother to learn the language, whilst drinking a pint of warm beer in the Jolly Roger pub on the Costa del whatnot.
ToffeeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 12:23   #54
Super Moderator

Quote:
Anyhow, I never really fancied sitting in a tin can for hours breathing in other peoples' pumps just to get to some place full of other English people complaining about how 'blighty' is being taken over by foreigners who don't bother to learn the language, whilst drinking a pint of warm beer in the Jolly Roger pub on the Costa del whatnot.
...and the motivation behind this little rant is what?
Old 17-02-2012, 12:24   #55
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
That's probably because I haven't had a holiday in a while, not being able to afford one. As I now can't even afford a trolley it makes the prospect even more remote.
You aren't on your own plenty of us haven't had a holiday for years.

But we don't behave like spoilt, selfish, jealous, little brats, spitting our dummies out because someone can go on holiday.
Maybe their priorities are different to yours, they scrimp and save all year round for a break rather than perhaps peeing it all against the wall?

Grow up or shut up, your contributions to the site are of no value at all.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 13:39   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
...and the motivation behind this little rant is what?
Bitterness. The last time I had a foreign break was Suez during national service.

The wife recently asked me to take her on an 'expensive journey'. So I took her to Manchester Airport for a ride on a trolley.
ToffeeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 14:05   #57
Super Moderator

Quote:
Bitterness. The last time I had a foreign break was Suez during national service.

The wife recently asked me to take her on an 'expensive journey'. So I took her to Manchester Airport for a ride on a trolley.
Hmmm...don't give up your day job.
Old 17-02-2012, 15:09   #58

Just had a thought, Trollies were only originally charged for because they were not being returned.
Makes you think.
Old 17-02-2012, 18:41   #59
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazeeboy View Post
Just had a thought, Trollies were only originally charged for because they were not being returned.
Makes you think.
Ya but where are they going to take them at an airport especially Manchester, supermarkets yes but airports
Old 17-02-2012, 19:00   #60
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

Hope i aint as bitter when i get to your age.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..