Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-06-2008, 19:18   #1
Senior Member+

another tesco on the way - in clayton ??

today I got talking to a business man in my work who said he had been looking at moving his company from stockport way to clayton - to be precise where the family fireplace were based.
however he told me that tesco made the owner an offer on the place with looking at it becoming a tesco metro and that if they were interested in that building then he would have no chance of matching them so consequently he pulled out of buying the place altogether...but it makes you wonder where tesco want to stop...they are looking at building that big place down the centre and now possibly a smaller metro store in clayton...whether it goes ahead is another story but the fact they were looking makes you wonder..
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-06-2008, 19:21   #2
God Member

Re: another tesco on the way - in clayton ??

Dont know if gt harwood one is going ahead or accy, hope they hurry up soon i could do with a job hehehe

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2008, 20:11   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy View Post
today I got talking to a business man in my work who said he had been looking at moving his company from stockport way to clayton - to be precise where the family fireplace were based.
however he told me that tesco made the owner an offer on the place with looking at it becoming a tesco metro and that if they were interested in that building then he would have no chance of matching them so consequently he pulled out of buying the place altogether...but it makes you wonder where tesco want to stop...they are looking at building that big place down the centre and now possibly a smaller metro store in clayton...whether it goes ahead is another story but the fact they were looking makes you wonder..
Do you mean the fireplace company that was on Burnley Road, just before the first mini roundabout?
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2008, 20:43   #4

Could be just about anything happening with the site if Tesco are involved. They were accused a few months back of buying land and other properties then letting it lie barren or unused just to keep the rivals under control.
Old 16-06-2008, 21:06   #5
God Member

Tesco did make an offer for Silvertree Studios (Family Fireplaces old showroom), alledgedly £740k, the owner pushed for a million and tesco pulled out, then FFC went bust, the owner was reputedly asking enquirers for £750k initially, then changed to £500k, it was purchased in 2004 for £170k, and 90k spent including stock, so imo the owners are being greedy, (nothing new there), if it isnt sold soon, it is likely to put the owner in more trouble, though they still own a shop in Accrington centre, a house in Chaigley and another in America. I had dealings with them, and rest assured I wont be buying the building (even if I could afford it), if someone has the capability to purchase, and about 100k spare to stock it, it would make an excellent minimarket without much effort, Tesco will know the potential market, and the plans they had must have been feesible, or they wouldnt have made an offer. There have been enquiries made with regard to purchasing the buildings, the two people I know who enquired both laughed at the asking price.
Old 16-06-2008, 21:17   #6
Senior Member+

cheers for clearing that up for me derek - I wonder if who i know/was talking to was one of the folk that you know of...
Old 16-06-2008, 21:21   #7
God Member

One is a corgi registered plumber, the other is a transport boss.
Old 16-06-2008, 21:30   #8
Senior Member+

nope not the same person, this guy owns a fire surround company just off the main drag going into stockport..once he found out tesco had made enquiries he lost interest cos like he said if tesco want somewhere they will get it..
and one of your guys (a fitter) dropped a cv off at my place of work last week....its now in the hands of the directors...
Old 16-06-2008, 21:33   #9
God Member

One of my guys?? Do you mean Family Fireplaces ex employees? We are giving some of them work to help them out, but they are not permenant employees, I am fairly sure our staff are happy enough.
Old 16-06-2008, 21:38   #10
Senior Member+

yes sorry - family fireplace ex empolyee..

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..