Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2006, 21:45   #1

Anti-Social Pensioners.

Couldnt help myself but to post this.

Waiting at the 'Oswaldtwistle School' this morning, the Hyndburn Circular arrives, soon to be departing to Accrington. Alighting the bus I felt as though Id gatecrashed an old folks day outing. I walked towards the back of the bus (like the chavvy young people of todays society do - yeah right) and sat down.

I was astonished to begin watching two elderly male pensioners fight with their walking sticks. Later did I find out they were obviously under the influence of alcohol.. when one of the men pulled out an opened can of Carling out of his torn coat, taking a drink on the none eating/drinking bus.

Arriving into Accrington, one broke into a song, which fair enough.. raising your voice on a bus full of elderly ladies shaking their heads in disgust, but it was so bad, I cannot provide you with the information as to what song they were 'attempting' to sing. After hitting the frames of the bus a few times with 'the stick' they clambered off. And boy.. did they smell.

Not complaining by the way - just thought it was quite amusing to watch. And think the thread title has a kinda ring to it..
morgan_brotherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-09-2006, 21:53   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Anti-Social Pensioners.

i blame benny hill for starting diabolical behaviour in pensioners, it was his Hells Grannies that set everything off.
Old 06-09-2006, 22:10   #3
Give, give, give member

It's nice to see the old boy's of Rhyddings still managing to get out and about.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 22:10   #4
Junior Member+

I was watching 'The One Show' last night (don't ask me why, its not my normal viewing) and there was a story about an elderly man who had been attacked in a seaside town somewhere (I forget the name.. sorry). He walked throught the streets with a broken nose and two broken wrists, past quite a few people and nobody offered him any help.

The BBC then decided to employ actors to see if anybody in the town would actually help. One of these people was a lady who appeared to be pregnant and was clearly distressed. Anyway, now i get to my point...

The lady walked past a pair of elderly women who did not offer her any help. When the BBC correspondant asked them why they had not helped her they said, "Well we are only here for the day."

Now, if that isn't anti-social then i don't know what is!
shady_bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 22:11   #5
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
It's nice to see the old boy's of Rhyddings still managing to get out and about.
LOL! It could always be a Moorhead lot. Though one of them would probably have ended up through the bus window
Old 06-09-2006, 22:22   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady_bean
I was watching 'The One Show' last night (don't ask me why, its not my normal viewing) and there was a story about an elderly man who had been attacked in a seaside town somewhere (I forget the name.. sorry). He walked throught the streets with a broken nose and two broken wrists, past quite a few people and nobody offered him any help.

The BBC then decided to employ actors to see if anybody in the town would actually help. One of these people was a lady who appeared to be pregnant and was clearly distressed. Anyway, now i get to my point...

The lady walked past a pair of elderly women who did not offer her any help. When the BBC correspondant asked them why they had not helped her they said, "Well we are only here for the day."

Now, if that isn't anti-social then i don't know what is!
Couldnt agree more. We did something like that at college. Had a pot put on a boy on his foot, gave him some crutches etc.. and secretly filmed him falling in Rawtenstall town centre. Not one person (Including these rebelious pensioners) stopped to see if he was alright.

Hehe. Funny though.
morgan_brotherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 22:26   #7
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan_brotherz
Couldnt agree more. We did something like that at college. Had a pot put on a boy on his foot, gave him some crutches etc.. and secretly filmed him falling in Rawtenstall town centre. Not one person (Including these rebelious pensioners) stopped to see if he was alright.

Hehe. Funny though.
I could imagine if you knew. There was an old man collapsed in preston on saturday and nobody batted an eyelid. Not even the older people that were walking
Old 06-09-2006, 22:30   #8
Give, give, give member

Term time.

The time when unnecessary trips to the local shops are to be avoided at all costs, especially at lunch or 'letting out' time.

The bad language, the surly pushing, the evil stares...and that's just me trying to get through the mob of school children to pay for my milk.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 22:35   #9
God Member

MAkes a change from anti social teenagers. Seen women fight so why cant pensioners be any different. Maybe they have been watching to much Last Of The Summer Wine.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 22:36   #10
Junior Member+

And if you go to a pub near a college beware of a shortage of beer. And the evil stares from the regulars when they get told the barrels run out.
Old 06-09-2006, 22:43   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady_bean
And if you go to a pub near a college beware of a shortage of beer. And the evil stares from the regulars when they get told the barrels run out.
The voice of experience. Is it fun getting chased by angry thirsty pensioners?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 06-09-2006, 22:53   #12
Junior Member+

Erm..... yes it was. It was more us crowding round the bar and getting in the way. New college in durham tho (uni bar) and theres no blood thirsty pensioners and it never runs out of beer cos none of us can afford it!!! LOL!!!
Old 06-09-2006, 22:55   #13
God Member

Student poverty I take it. You saying that a pensioner is better off than you are? Could always get a few in to liven it up a bit.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 06-09-2006, 22:58   #14
Junior Member+

I am indeed. The fact that i have no money and my student loan doesnt even cover my rent and food bills.... Kinda got a £250 shortfall. N thats eating hardly anything. Parents really should give me some money shouldnt they?
Old 06-09-2006, 23:52   #15
Resident Waffler

Just so you don't lose faith in human nature, a lady fell backwards over a pram's wheels in Blackburn shopping centre on Saturday and lots of people stopped to help.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..