Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-03-2010, 06:25   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Any Ideas how to get rid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddlebit View Post
The key words are "breaking" and "entering" - forcible entry. If the shed isn't locked, it's fair game provided nothing is stolen. And has been for centuries. And it's not about immigration, either.

I'm not defending these people, they shouldn't be there, but what they are doing is not illegal, it's unlawful and that is a different ballgame. I'm saying that the law needs to be changed, but the situation is nothing new and not the creation of this or any recent government.
Would appear either your a seasoned crim or an apologist for them
Old 23-03-2010, 17:51   #32
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Obviously they've now decided on an upgrade in a better residential area !! No more sheds for us thank you very much !!

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Romanians steal man's home
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 21:55   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Would appear either your a seasoned crim or an apologist for them
100% wrong.

Just more interested in the facts.

Last edited by Hiddlebit; 23-03-2010 at 21:58.
Hiddlebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 22:09   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

according to report i read the shed had a lock on, yet still not breaking and entering?
Old 23-03-2010, 22:35   #35

The fact is, the law gives the house owner little redress against this, the police are about as useless as a ashtray on a moped as they will not act because no crime has been committed.

The legal way to remove them is long & hard & costly.

An injunction will only work on those it is against & others will move in & that costs £150

The council are no use either as its not their problem.

The Immigration dept - well where the heck are they - most likely snowed under with work & harder to get round than the police.

Borrow a big dog!
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 09:04   #36
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddlebit View Post
100% wrong.

Just more interested in the facts.
Well the facts are that nobody gives a stuff for the law abiding citizen, until in frustration, they finally take the law into their own hands, them they end up in trouble, and the perpetrator walks away scot free, that's Great Britain 2010
Old 24-03-2010, 13:20   #37
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Well the facts are that nobody gives a stuff for the law abiding citizen, until in frustration, they finally take the law into their own hands, them they end up in trouble, and the perpetrator walks away scot free, that's Great Britain 2010
I'm truly sorry to find myself agreeing with that, John.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 15:03   #38
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
I'm truly sorry to find myself agreeing with that, John.
It's more indicative that two people from different sides of the political divide feel the same way, on such a serious issue, an issue which successive governments have failed to address over many years Ken
Old 24-03-2010, 18:22   #39

Quote:
I almost agree. Too many people get too little support from the law. I witnessed a crime and reported it, spending hours at a police station giving my statement, doing descriptions of the perpetrators, to be told that it would be my word against theirs. Was I willing to stand up in court?

Yes I damn well was.

And the Crown Prosecution Service decided that a law abiding citizen of good standing had no credibility compared to two characters with pre-existing criminal records.

That was Britain 1995.
Hiddlebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 19:47   #40

there is a simple soloution to this

as far as I know ther exists no law that says you can't scare someone so simply get a can of deoderant and light a match "hey look what I can do with these" > (just be carefull not to set to anything on fire)
Old 24-03-2010, 20:09   #41
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver93 View Post
there is a simple soloution to this

as far as I know ther exists no law that says you can't scare someone so simply get a can of deoderant and light a match "hey look what I can do with these" > (just be carefull not to set to anything on fire)
Try something like that & one of 2 things will happen (1) They'll come out & give you a canning (2) The Police will be dragging you away for threatening behaviour. Not the best suggestion by a long shot Ollie Lad ! In the big World things are quite different !
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 21:03   #42
God Member

This doesn't make any sense , if the Police have the power to move on winos and bums in town centers and shopping malls why don't they use the same powers to move on these folks ?
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 21:09   #43

beecause the system has more holes than 200 pound block swiss of chese
Old 24-03-2010, 23:36   #44
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
This doesn't make any sense , if the Police have the power to move on winos and bums in town centers and shopping malls why don't they use the same powers to move on these folks ?
Because it's on private property, in the eye's of the law, and as we've known for centuries, the law is an ass.

Conversely, the law couldn't be used on Saturday, to stop two groups, with a history of violent clashes, from holding rallies in Bolton, because that was in a public place, but they could have halted procedings if it had been on private property.

The law needs a much needed overhaul.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2010, 03:13   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Because it's on private property, in the eye's of the law, and as we've known for centuries, the law is an ass.

So what your saying is that the police have no actual authority to move undesirables along in the Arndale shopping center (private property) its the responsibility of some minimum wage security guard who has no legal powers of arrest ........
Yet at the same time Bars/Clubs/Nightspots are allowed to employ "thugs" who do 'stop and search' of young people entering their premisis (sp?) for 'illicit contrabend' ......something doesn't add up here
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..