Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2005, 12:44   #1
I am Banned

anyone going to blackppol

http://www.bbc.co.uk/lancashire/webcam/index.shtml

check that site before you leave they have a camera on the tower so you can check weather at blackpool before you go

on a clear day you can see blow up dolls hanging off the pier lol

been using this camera for a while now and tealeafs question to me about weather here made me think of how accy could do with a webcam off the town hall so that people coming here can check weather b4 setting off lol
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-06-2005, 12:47   #2
Senior Member+

Re: anyone going to blackppol

All they need to do is check Accyweb - there's plenty of people here that will help!

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 12:58   #3
God Member

Looks pretty miserable today!! cant see anything out of the web cam because of the rain drops on the cam lol. I went to Stanley Park in Blackpool the other with the kids, the weather was fantastic. Arms are still hurting from rowing the boat for 40 minutes in the lake though!!! but it was a brilliant day.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 13:12   #4
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorlon24
All they need to do is check Accyweb - there's plenty of people here that will help!
but wouldnt it be good to have somthing at the town hall that worked...?
Old 01-06-2005, 13:13   #5
God Member

gggrrrr Blackpool I hate that place! I lived there for a few months so it has took all the childhood magic away. I have to go once a year under duress, to take the kids through the illuminations. I smile sweetly saying "oh what beautiful lights" when all along I'm counting the minutes til we are back on the motorway home.

That is one webcam I won't be visiting again

Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 01-06-2005 at 13:14.
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 13:16   #6
I am Banned

if another big fire hits blackpool you know where to go now though tinks lol
Old 01-06-2005, 13:16   #7
God Member

A camera on top o' coppice would be nice, focused on Accy. We could probably have the latest state of the art real-time model up there, fully vandal-proofed for a couple of thousand quid. We could call it the Panoramic Panopticon; it would be positively favour the disabled and would be enviromentally friendly, because instead of having to make the massive effort of driving to, and then getting up the coppice in their wheelchair, they could just switch on their PC. In fact, we could all just switch on our PC.

I hope you're reading this, Gail.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 13:20   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
if another big fire hits blackpool you know where to go now though tinks lol
Tinkerbelle sets off to Blackpool with petrol and matches singing

"BURN BLACKPOOL BURN"
Old 01-06-2005, 13:48   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
A camera on top o' coppice would be nice, focused on Accy. We could probably have the latest state of the art real-time model up there, fully vandal-proofed for a couple of thousand quid. We could call it the Panoramic Panopticon; it would be positively favour the disabled and would be enviromentally friendly, because instead of having to make the massive effort of driving to, and then getting up the coppice in their wheelchair, they could just switch on their PC. In fact, we could all just switch on our PC.

I hope you're reading this, Gail.
theres a massive differance between reading and ACTING on something,don't hold your breath tealeaf. though i should add more hbc than gail.

Last edited by cashman; 01-06-2005 at 13:49.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 13:59   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
theres a massive differance between reading and ACTING on something,don't hold your breath tealeaf. though i should add more hbc than gail.
Yeah, I know.

but I've been thinking...why stop at one camera? Why not have another one pointed west towards the sky, looking for any rainclouds coming our way (or,as more lkely, more blue sky coming our way)
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 18:01   #11
land of hope and glory

if anyone has a few hours to spare please leave the cam on and watch for a black ford explorer i was waving at you all this afternoon, and no i didnt stop went through as fast as poss......lol
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 18:08   #12
white rabbits

its been raining cats and dogs today,,,,(cleveleys,near as damit to blackpool but a thousand times nicer )yesterday was glorious.
Old 01-06-2005, 18:13   #13
white rabbits

has anyone heard if they have found the second young lad yet ,its looking awfally like he as been drowned too,i love dogs but it is so silly to dive in after them ,most times the dogs swim back to shore o.k.
Old 01-06-2005, 18:22   #14
land of hope and glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret
its been raining cats and dogs today,,,,(cleveleys,near as damit to blackpool but a thousand times nicer )yesterday was glorious.
was in the arcade in clevelys,a lot better than blackpool,i should have called round for a brew!the only problem with clevelys is it is safer to walk in the road than on the pavements.......lol
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 18:28   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret
yesterday was glorious.
It was lovely yesterday. My day was spent around Clitheroe and Pendle but the awful B word still got a mention. We climbed up Pendle hill and could see for miles (wished I had took my camera) and one of the kids said "can we see Blackpool from here" eeerrr even the mention of the word sends shudders

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..