Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2011, 08:27   #16
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Anyone have clinical waste collection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
When you hear a little more about this, Accyman, and it definitely is going to happen, please let us know as we will back you to the hilt on this .. yes, can speak for other Accywebbers .. we are a good lot really on here. x

Thank you for presuming on my behalf, in this case however, I totally agree!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-09-2011, 08:45   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
easy tiger your lot tried this stunt 2 years ago maybe 3

disappointing the new regime is pulling the same stunt though
Just can't understand what there is to gain and the savings would be negligible, it wasn't a good idea 2 years ago and it hasn't changed, they separate ordinary waste from clinical waste in hospitals for a reason, the same reason should apply even more so in the outside community
Old 02-09-2011, 09:05   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Just can't understand what there is to gain and the savings would be negligible, it wasn't a good idea 2 years ago and it hasn't changed, they separate ordinary waste from clinical waste in hospitals for a reason, the same reason should apply even more so in the outside community
Looking at this:-

Quote:
5.2.1.2 Untreated biohazard waste is not to be disposed of in the
municipal waste (system). All biohazard waste must be treated
by chemical disinfection or autoclaving before in any way
being disposed of in the municipal waste.
http://www.nacp.gov.pk/introduction/...-biohazard.pdf

I can't see how they can even contemplate changing.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:15   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Looking at this:-

http://www.nacp.gov.pk/introduction/...-biohazard.pdf

I can't see how they can even contemplate changing.
Maybe you should Email that to HBC Less, I don't think anybody monitors accy web now
Old 02-09-2011, 09:23   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Maybe you should Email that to HBC Less, I don't think anybody monitors accy web now
He may not tell us much these days, but I'm sure Ken still visits now and then, (a bit like Royalty dropping in for tea!).
Old 02-09-2011, 09:42   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
He may not tell us much these days, but I'm sure Ken still visits now and then, (a bit like Royalty dropping in for tea!).
Ya funny that ain't it
Old 02-09-2011, 09:57   #22
God Member

just rang HBC and asked for environmental

i was redirected to customer services and i explained i wanted to speak to someone in charge of environmental

This request was refused and i was told that they may be able to help.

I explained that i wanted to discuss the clinical waste issue and asked if what i heard was true and was informed that it was.

I was told to read the letter that we all got so i pointed out that no one i knew had received the letter and then it got changed to i should read the letter that was been sent out in a few weeks.I mentioned concern over hygiene but this was quickly ignored and was again told to go read a letter that wont be sent out for another few weeks yet

I then asked if the decision was final and i was told that it was so basically this has all gone through and is done and dusted and to hell with what anyone else thinks i guess.

Hard to even put a complaint in when your not even allowed to speak to the department in charge of it

The odd thing is it wasn't too long ago that the labor party fought alongside the people of Accrington tooth and nail when the toilets on peel street were been shut.Im beginning to think this support was only given as it was an opportunity to take a swipe at PB.

If only my clinical waste was somehow connected to tory policy i maybe at least able to discuss this with someone who is actually in the environmental department and not a customer service person god knows where in the country in a call center

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 02-09-2011 at 10:04.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:58   #23
Resting in Peace

I just feel that a decision like this would not be made without some sort of alternative arrangement .. e.g. larger bin offered or something ??

There again ........

Just seen your last post Accyman .. hope you can get a copy of the notification.

Can only find this at the moment:

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/downloa...lCollMar08.pdf

Last edited by katex; 02-09-2011 at 10:05.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:06   #24
God Member

i forgot to add that i was told you "MAY" qualify for an extra bin so how much does a bin cost these days

god i hope they dont expect us to wash out colostomy bags to make them fit in the wheelie bin

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 02-09-2011, 10:11   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i forgot to add that i was told you "MAY" qualify for an extra bin so how much does a bin cost these days

god i hope they dont expect us to wash out colostomy bags to make them fit in the wheelie bin
That is a horrendous prospect
I hope this info is useful
Colostomy Bags

Flushable pouch inserts (inner pouch): These inserts are placed in the pouch before use. When the pouch is full you remove the insert from the bag and flush it away. It is completely biodegradable and works in all toilets.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:32   #26
God Member

in hospitals you put these items in a separate bin which holds yellow bags

what you don't do is throw them in the bin with your grape pips,chocolate wrappers etc .

The thing is these people in charge seem to think clinical waste is no different from childrens nappies.

Im pretty open regarding my condition and even make crass jokes about it but even i am beginning to feel awkward ringing up and discussing this matter with strangers so god knows how someone who isnt so comfortable with what they have will cope with the cold brush off.There are people out there with worse conditions than myself or care for people with much worse conditions .These things are life changing and the last thing people need to be doing is ringing up and having to justify themselves and their conditions

I cant speak for everyone but personally i dont want a whiff of stale crap up my nostrils each time i open my wheelie bin especially in summer.2 weeks this will be sitting there festering and attracting god knows what to check out the stench.Its not as though the plastic bags used to put these items in are air tight they are in my case just ordinary unscented plastic nappy sacks that you tie up with knot

Old 02-09-2011, 10:36   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
That is a horrendous prospect
I hope this info is useful
Colostomy Bags

Flushable pouch inserts (inner pouch): These inserts are placed in the pouch before use. When the pouch is full you remove the insert from the bag and flush it away. It is completely biodegradable and works in all toilets.
there are a few designs out there all with their downsides/upsides and each person finds what they are comfortable with.God forbid you blocked a toilet up with one now that would be embarrassing lol.

maybe we should all just wear one large black binliner a week if times are getting so difficult for HBC

or water proof pants and bicycle clips for the incontinent

Old 02-09-2011, 23:12   #28

Go & dump a few of your waste bags in Accy town hall in protest, this is despicable that a council can make a decision like this, without first having the decency of discussing this with the people it first hand affects, I put my baby's Nappies in the bin obv there's nowhere else to put them, but to ask people to put medical/clinical waste into normal household refuge collections must surely be breaking some sort of environmental laws otherwise why has it been incinerated in the past? Behind u all the way mate, let us know more when u get the mysterious letter, and i'll write a complaint letter to HBC.
wallop79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:30   #29
Resting in Peace

Maybe you could follow the example of the residents of Hyndburn Homes and the lock fiasco, get in touch with the Observer, I'm sure Kate, the Ossy Reporter would be very interested, and maybe you could get a result like we did accyman
Old 04-09-2011, 17:28   #30
God Member

nothings changed much in the council

some people have got letters and some have not

apparently you can request a slightly larger bin but this still wont accommodate 2 weeks waste

Also blood soaked swabs ,urine and feces festering for two weeks aint a nice thought

The council have however kindly suggested that we buy our own extra bags to double wrap clinical waste so bang goes their been green policy unless they are selling clinical waste as fertilizer ?

Pitty theres no input from the party in control seen as leading up to the election they had plenty to say and what is supposedly stopping them now didnt stop them then

There is also a mention that any concerns you should ring up a particular person at the waste collection department but as i found out they will point blank refuse to transfer you and put you through to the call center.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..