Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2011, 10:42   #31
mez
God Member

Re: Anyone have clinical waste collection?

i find this so disgusting its beyond belief, on bin day were i live you can see such an amount of these bags kept seperate from "normal" waste which is needed. im backing all people who have to have the service taken away from them..............please please h/h leave them some dignity!!!
Accrington Web
Old 06-09-2011, 13:40   #32
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

This is now on the LT website Clinical waste collections axed in Hyndburn (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 06-09-2011, 15:00   #33
Senior Member+

A special collection for 55 homes may be expensive but surely it is also essential?
It's hard to believe the council can even attempt to justify this.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 15:54   #34
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
A special collection for 55 homes may be expensive but surely it is also essential?
It's hard to believe the council can even attempt to justify this.
I agree with you but I am not sure the local council should pay for all these collections though. I also think its bad for some of this waste to be put in the grey bin. I would not like to be a bin man when the machine dumps it into the wagon after 2 weeks.

Maybe the NHS should pay if its a medical condition.
Old 06-09-2011, 16:23   #35
Beacon of light

It said something in the article about the rules on clinical waste having been changed.
I think I would be finding out how they had changed and if other local authorities were now dealing with clinical waste in the way that HBC is doing.
I wonder if clinical waste rules have changed for local hospitals too. Just a thought.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 16:27   #36
Beacon of light

Canterbury council are also implementing the policy of allowing soiled adult and childrens nappies to be disposed of in household waste bins and go to landfill...as long as these items are not infectious..
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 16:29   #37
God Member

this council got pretty upset and quite vocal when people were denied a place to pee and poop 2 days a week yet feel it ok to pull a stunt like this .I suppose people should be thankful they didn't keep the toilets shut and had them pee and poop into a black wheelie bin outside on peel street.

ok im taking the urine a little there but how can a party that was so vocal against toilets been closed 2 days a week not even a year ago saying teh savings were minimal have the gaul to then pull this stunt.

Theres also the hygiene issue as not only would i not like to be a bin man smelling 2 weeks worth of rotting urine,feces and blood but god knows what nasties are lurking in there after 2 weeks.Mind you as we all know double bagging things makes them sterile and this is why we dont have any dissease in the world ( sarcasm btw)

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 16:34   #38
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
ok im taking the urine a little there but how can a party that was so vocal against toilets been closed 2 days a week not even a year ago saying teh savings were minimal have the gaul to then pull this stunt.

I can answer that in 2 words

Vote Winning

The 55 votes of those affected must not be important.
I met a Councillor who is a member of this site this morning, maybe I should have brought the subject up.
Old 06-09-2011, 16:43   #39
God Member

i rang up today and asked that should i have a bout of diarrhea and found myself unable to fit all the waste ,cleaning pads etc into the bin would i be fined for leaving an extra bag out at the side of my bin.I was informed that they would have to send out an inspector to assess the situation

so there you have it HBC now has a turd inspector it seems

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 06-09-2011, 16:53   #40
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
so there you have it HBC now has a turd inspector it seems
I thought most councils had applied for the powers to root through "shi-ite" to nick villains on the estates ?
Old 06-09-2011, 16:54   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post

Vote Winning

I met a Councillor who is a member of this site this morning, maybe I should have brought the subject up.
Yup and out of those 55 some will be pretty damn ill and unable to make a fuss so screw em i guess.Easy target group not protected by race,sexual discrimination or faith issues and not a pleasant discussion topic to have to make phone calls about in fact its quite embarrassing/awkward having to discuss your pooping habits with a total stranger

I rarely if at all talk about my condition on here but those who i have met know about it as its either explain why i make fart noises or have people think im a dirty swine who just farts in front of people for fun lol

Having the need for this service is bad enough but having to justify your need and explain your illness and contents of your items is degrading and embarrassing

Old 06-09-2011, 17:13   #42
JCB

All other East Lancashire councils still offer this service .
So no one can come up with the reason that HBC is getting into line with other local councils , a reason often given to add justifiation to the council's increase in cemetery costs .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 17:53   #43
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post

Vote Winning

The threads been running long enough and members who are councillors still frequent the site, but looks like they have declined to get involved or justified this action, this might not effect that many people but its just as crass as closing the public loos two days a week was.
Old 06-09-2011, 17:55   #44
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
So no one can come up with the reason that HBC is getting into line with other local councils , a reason often given to add justifiation to the council's increase in cemetery costs .
Seems a very fair comparison JCB
Old 06-09-2011, 18:18   #45
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
I suspect others will follow if they think they can get away with it. HBC must be path finders in finding ways to save money.

First the death tax and now bins full of disgusting body fluids.

They can blame the death tax on tories keeping the cost to low but this is all down to the new administration

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..