Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-09-2011, 07:28   #76
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Anyone have clinical waste collection?

I thinks its a little unfair to quiz Ken on this subject as its not his area of expertise.

Reading this HBC document Councillor Munsif Dad has the portfolio for waste management and waste collection so those concerned would be better off contacting him. Here is a link to his HBC page with his email and phone number Councillors - Munsif Dad
Old 20-09-2011, 08:45   #77
Resting in Peace

Re: Free grit for all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
It wasn't actually what I went to speak to them about, it just happened to crop up as an area where savings may be made in the future and it certainly wouldn't have been down to me to make that decision in any case.

I can't give a definitive answer to everything but I will always endeavour to point people in the right direction.
Ken its no good jumping through hoops now, your not the only Labour Councillor who comes on this forum, are they using you as the fall guy, the thread started by accyman was started ages ago, during which time other councillors WERE definitely on the site and hadn't the balls to answer accymans complaints, I just think its very sad that the first time you post on herefor a while is just to have a dig at the previous administration and not tackle an issue, which is of concern to, although only a small number of residents, the people who this effects
Old 20-09-2011, 08:48   #78
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I thinks its a little unfair to quiz Ken on this subject as its not his area of expertise.

Reading this HBC document Councillor Munsif Dad has the portfolio for waste management and waste collection so those concerned would be better off contacting him. Here is a link to his HBC page with his email and phone number Councillors - Munsif Dad
Um Councillor Dad isn't a member on here if I remember correctly, Ken Moss is, and has, in the past, never felt shy in having a say on anything or everything expertise or no expertise
Old 20-09-2011, 09:54   #79
God Member

not really quizzing ken as he is as miss informed as the rest of us on this matter if he has been told the changes only effect rubber gloves and bandages.

Quote:
The clinical waste items that I understand have been declassified are things such as bandages and gloves
when this is voted on are the councilors actually fully informed on what the changes include because it seems every time someone speaks about it the facts are totally different.

Do any of the people voting on it suffer a condition that requires this service or have any experience at all in dealing with clinical waste or are they just assuming its just the same as a childs nappy because that assumption would be wrong.

If it pleases the council i can muster together 4 days output for Thursday and hand deliver it to the meeting and let them have a good sniff and consider if they would like 14 days worth in their bin and im a light user or I could ask for the waste from the woman down the road if a larger quantity is required.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2011, 10:04   #80
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Um Councillor Dad isn't a member on here if I remember correctly, Ken Moss is, and has, in the past, never felt shy in having a say on anything or everything expertise or no expertise

I have no idea if Cllr Dad is a member or not but he should be the man in the know so it makes sense to ask him the questions directly.
Old 20-09-2011, 10:38   #81
God Member

just checked and questions have to be submitted 5 days prior to the meeting by members of the public.

its a pitty that during the many phonecalls i made no one could tell me who put this issue forward and that now its too late to ask a question although i did have more than one

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 20-09-2011, 10:55   #82
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
just checked and questions have to be submitted 5 days prior to the meeting by members of the public.

its a pitty that during the many phonecalls i made no one could tell me who put this issue forward and that now its too late to ask a question although i did have more than one
Very convenient that ain't it accyman
Old 20-09-2011, 11:56   #83
God Member

well if its a long standing rule then i guess it just plain sucks but considering sunday was the last day to get a question in i still wouldn't have made the deadline

Old 20-09-2011, 12:05   #84
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Seems to me that 5 days is the required time to think of bullshine answers to real questions.
Old 20-09-2011, 15:34   #85
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Very convenient that ain't it accyman
It was no different under Peter's rule John, let's not intimate that Labour is dodging a bullet.

The five day rule is sometimes inconvenient if a matter comes up at the eleventh hour but written answers to queries can be requested at any time and I would encourage residents to do so if they have burning questions.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2011, 18:06   #86
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
It was no different under Peter's rule John, let's not intimate that Labour is dodging a bullet.

The five day rule is sometimes inconvenient if a matter comes up at the eleventh hour but written answers to queries can be requested at any time and I would encourage residents to do so if they have burning questions.
I just wish you would read what accyman said and I was replying to, he has rung the council numerous times over the last few weeks and was never told that if he wanted to question councillors he had to put it in writing 5 DAYS prior to the meeting
Old 30-09-2011, 11:44   #87

Just seen today's Accy Observer & the council had backed down, the orange bag collections will continue. Hurrah seems that the council saw sense in the end.
wallop79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2011, 12:57   #88
God Member

thats odd as were supposed to be getting a separate bin now that is taken away on the same day as the refuse

Old 30-09-2011, 18:10   #89
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
thats odd as were supposed to be getting a separate bin now that is taken away on the same day as the refuse
Problems with the right hand and the left hand me thinks
Old 30-09-2011, 18:55   #90
God Member

well iv read the newspaper article and it totally contradicts what has happened

my self and others that i know of have now got a new bin with a brown lid ( appropriate or what lol) that is taken away with the black bin

the news article says 50 or 55 people effected but im pretty sure the number been thrown about earlier was 35 people so what is the true figure or was this a typo in the press ?

some smart arse i forget the name commented that scented bags disguise the smell which is not true because i used to use my childs nappy sacks when my clinical ones ran out and they made no difference.Besides that isnt the point we are provided with standard bags for the waste so would this person be prepared to pay for extra scented ones ?

The reason why there arnt hundreds of people on this system is that for the past few years it has been a system that has been phased out so that it wasnt taking on new people to have collections and the numbers needing the system got smaller as people either got better or died.

the article also says they had already discussed the proposal with the people on the list and only 1 or 2 had an issue.Wrong they did not discuss this with people on the list we got a letter put though our letter box telling us it was happening period or in my case no letter was received.If face must be saved please dont make out the few that were able or aware enough to complain are trouble makers.It took me over a week before i got through to someone who knew what the hell was going on so complaints were probably not taken into account as they either didnt reach the correct person or people gave up.Even the collections department said they had only just found out about this service stopping 1 week after this issue came up on here so even staff at HBC were not properly informed so how could they take peoples complaints or help them with concerns?

As far as i am aware if you need an extra bin for your clinical waste one will be provided so if you need or care for someone with health issues that produces clinical waste to go into the bin ring up and ask for the form to get an extra bin with a brown lid.

Just as a happy compromise is reached some Muppet opens their mouth to the press throwing more confusion and insult into the mix .

Thankyou for the extra bin but a lot of hassle could have been saved if things had been thought through properly and a little less rushing about trying to get everything sorted in 4 weeks

Last edited by accyman; 30-09-2011 at 18:57.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..