Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2011, 10:24   #1
God Member

Anyone have clinical waste collection?

Just been informed that as far as the collector is aware collections for clinical waste will be stopped september and people will be expected to put their clinical waste in the black wheelie bin.

I would have expected this stupidity from our last lot in power infact they suggested it and it met strong opposition so the plan was scrapped.

Someone down the street from me puts out 3 large bags each week which would over a 2 week period fill her wheelie bin plus some leaving no room for her normal waste.I only use 1 large bag a week and that would take up room that is needed for my normal waste

Also theres the hygiene issue as unlike childrens nappies some medical conditions such as people with a stoma cant help but bleed when cleaning so theres blood on these items as well .

what next i wonder .Giving people with medical conditions a shovel and telling them to bury it in the garden liek a dog

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-09-2011, 11:07   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Anyone have clinical waste collection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
Giving people with medical conditions a shovel and telling them to bury it in the garden liek a dog
No TEN would be better....... words fail me, sick of this government....

All we seem to be doing is taking steps back all the time......

Last edited by Neil; 01-09-2011 at 11:40. Reason: fix quote
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:33   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
No TEN would be better....... words fail me, sick of this government....

All we seem to be doing is taking steps back all the time......
from what i can gather this is a council decision not government

i havnt had a letter yet but to be fair i never get letters notifying me of changes to the system its kinda hit and miss if you get a letter or not.

Hopefully the decision isnt yet final

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by Neil; 01-09-2011 at 11:40. Reason: fix quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:00   #4

yeah it is im sorry to say, they told the binman in a meeting last Thursday they are doing it but according to sita (who own the tip) there rules state all clinical waste has to be on the tip by 2.00pm at the latest, to give them enough time to cover it enough for there regulations.
nevvy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:17   #5
God Member

its no good blaming sita that wont wash

sita dont take clinical waste at their tips or waste recycling center as they like to be called

collections have been missed in the past and the sita run tips refuse point blank to accept clinical waste as they are not set up for it.This includes whinny hill,haslingden and stacksteads

it is supposed to go to an incinerator hence it been collected seperatly from household waste

ken moss has come up with plenty of budget cutting ideas which dont seem to have been listened to and im pretty sure this disgrace wasnt on his list

Old 01-09-2011, 12:38   #6
Beacon of light

Maybe it would be worth contacting your councillor...or even getting in touch with Ken Moss.
I am pretty sure they will help you out if they can.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 14:50   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevvy69 View Post
yeah it is im sorry to say, they told the binman in a meeting last Thursday they are doing it but according to sita (who own the tip) there rules state all clinical waste has to be on the tip by 2.00pm at the latest, to give them enough time to cover it enough for there regulations.
Thats not all thats been changed, previously if you rang the council about garden waste it would be collected separately, now we are told to leave it out when they do bin collections, it was just put in the wagon like household waste.
Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 16:36   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Thats not all thats been changed, previously if you rang the council about garden waste it would be collected separately, now we are told to leave it out when they do bin collections, it was just put in the wagon like household waste.
Retlaw.
yup but what a fuss is kicked up if threes so much as a bit of what they class as non garden waste in your green bin.It all ends up in the same pile unless the bin wagon magically turns teh gras sinto gold while its driven

Old 01-09-2011, 16:40   #9
God Member

the need for this service can be embarrassing and not something people want to share so if you dont feel comfortable posting you need it but want the service to continue then hopefully enough phone calls to local councilors will do the trick.

Is this New New Labor - screw the sick they wont mind or with a bit of luck wont last long enough to complain

Old 01-09-2011, 17:41   #10
Resting in Peace

Ho Hum
Old 01-09-2011, 18:32   #11
Resting in Peace

When you hear a little more about this, Accyman, and it definitely is going to happen, please let us know as we will back you to the hilt on this .. yes, can speak for other Accywebbers .. we are a good lot really on here. x
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 20:20   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
When you hear a little more about this, Accyman, and it definitely is going to happen, please let us know as we will back you to the hilt on this .. yes, can speak for other Accywebbers .. we are a good lot really on here. x
slogan -

we aint taking no crap ( neither are HBC)

this could be a ploy to drum up extra cash because you can get fined for leaving bin bags out that dont fit in your bin.

hopefully it wont come into effect because although it would cause me problems there are people who put out 3 times as much as i do and they will be totally screwed.If anything there should be a bin provided for people with clinical waste so that dogs and cats dont rip the sacks open wanting to sniff the contents and spew them all over the road.Fortnightly collections would be no good either as no one wants stale crap ,urine or both hanging around their home for 2 weeks.

Dread to think how this will effect care homes if it comes into effect.Thats a lot of poop and pee to be stamping down into wheelie bins to make it fit

Old 01-09-2011, 20:22   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ho Hum
easy tiger your lot tried this stunt 2 years ago maybe 3

disappointing the new regime is pulling the same stunt though

Old 02-09-2011, 00:38   #14
God Member

This is nothing to do with the government?.. when a council is forced by the government to make massive cuts then this sort of thing will happen..what better way is there when creating unemployment and cutting services than to let local councils take the flack?
It's unbelievable that normal well educated people can't see what is happening.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:50   #15
God Member

government may force cuts mancie but they dont force what is cut by the council.

i despise cameron and his lot but i simply cant lay the blame for this at their door.

i can blame them for forcing harsh cuts in budget but i cant blame them for what decisions are made my local councilors from another party.

i know nappies are disposed of in normal bins but depending on why a person needs clinical waste collections depends on what sort of nasties are about

like i have already said quite a lot of blood is about in my waste and although i dont have aids or anything nasty someone else could

theres a reason why it went to an incinerator and childrens nappies dont. So unless one of the councilors is an expert in disease control im curious as to how they decided this waste should go to landfill and not an incinerator.

also if it goes to landfill lets hope a seagul dosnt pick something up and drop it on your car lol

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..