Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-02-2009, 13:12   #136
God Member

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Why on earth should he apologise to a man, who is a complete and utter disgrace, who dishes out totally uncalled for insults to other members of Hyndburn Council if they try to make any point at meetings.
Its right to apologise when you're wrong. As Graham has been on many issues, including the totally incorrect accusations in the first post of this thread. Will there be an apology given or does Graham's hatred for Peter Britcliffe get in the way again, as it often does, and enhances his error of judgement.
Old 14-02-2009, 13:17   #137
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Its right to apologise when you're wrong. As Graham has been on many issues, including the totally incorrect accusations in the first post of this thread. Will there be an apology given or does Graham's hatred for Peter Britcliffe get in the way again, as it often does, and enhances his error of judgement.
using that argument ya may care to ask P.B. the same question, fer countless things. damn i forgot he aint the balls to become a member.pmsl

Last edited by cashman; 14-02-2009 at 13:20.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 13:18   #138
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Re: Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
Hi Andrew Interesting reading im impressed you were always a wiz attaining information. Sent with sincere admiration for your outstanding comments, clearly you have demonstrated equality and transparency in your statements wish you luck and every deserved sucess in the political arena although im sure you wont need it as i know your a natural. One to watch out for. Regards Mum.
well ya would say that,wouldn't ya?
Old 14-02-2009, 13:23   #139
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
using that argument ya may care to ask P.B. the same question, fer countless things. damn i forgot he aint the balls to become a member.pmsl
At least Cllr Jones did not lie openly about this .. as in the 'Silly Cow' remark (sorry to bring that one up again .. but I heard it remember).

Just an incorrect supposition with the looks of it, and not too difficult to see who may have been asked for this information ..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 13:24   #140
God Member

Interesting you know. I haven't had a single Conservative councillor contact me about the freedom of information request. Where as the Labour leader brought it to this forum, misinformed, accusing me of taking orders from Peter Britcliffes Psychic Hotline (back up and running now as you can see), and calling me pathetic. While other Labour councillors continued the with jabs and remarks from the sidelines. I do wonder what they're all so worried about?
Old 14-02-2009, 13:26   #141
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
At least Cllr Jones did not lie openly about this .. as in the 'Silly Cow' remark (sorry to bring that one up again .. but I heard it remember).

Just an incorrect supposition with the looks of it, and not too difficult to see who may have been asked for this information ..
ah but a selective memory is very useful to people with poitical ambition.
Old 14-02-2009, 13:44   #142
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Interesting you know. I haven't had a single Conservative councillor contact me about the freedom of information request. Where as the Labour leader brought it to this forum, misinformed, accusing me of taking orders from Peter Britcliffes Psychic Hotline (back up and running now as you can see), and calling me pathetic. While other Labour councillors continued the with jabs and remarks from the sidelines. I do wonder what they're all so worried about?
You asked for personal information on not only myself,but other labour councillors. I think we have every right to ask why you asked for this information.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 14:13   #143

Why did you not ring him and ask him?
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 14:18   #144
God Member

just an after thought on this matter

even though all councilors expenses were asked for if there had been suspicious elements on both tory and labours paperwork which one would have been brought up here

its all well saying all councilors were applied for but to be frank one could see that as just making it look like it wasnt aimed at any one particular person as well as making it look totaly innocent

personaly i cant see any point in applying for this information apart from looking for dirt which i guess wasnt found so teh matter wasnt brought up here by the investigator

polotics and paranoia go hand in hand it seems , im not politicaly minded and im thinking like a paranoid now lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 14:33   #145
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

agree accyman i cannot see any purpose applying fer personal information,unless its to sling mud. it speaks volumes about this "we should work together" crap. the only losers in all this will be eventually the people of hyndburn, still whats new?

Last edited by cashman; 14-02-2009 at 14:35.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 14:47   #146
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Owen View Post
Andrew. They probably wouldn't say publicly, but they are there.

You may well recall that one Conservative Councillor recently left the Tory group.
And some have left the Labour Part too
Old 14-02-2009, 15:09   #147
Full Member+

I would like to thank the many contributors for an entertaining insight into the life of Hyndburn Councillors and the day to day political tightrope they walk whilst trying to do their best for the town. There have been some hair brained schemes but common sense has prevailed and they have been scrapped. Money has been wasted in the process but wasting public money will always happen when the emphasis is on scoring political brownie points rather than what is generally best for the town. Individual Councillors generally do an excellent job for their wards but as a Committee for improvements there are too many external issues affecting decisions.

You are quite fortunate in Hyndburn that you have Councillors who will defend their positions on a public forum, here in Morecambe a question to a Councillor is usually met with the answer to a question which has never been asked.
As for the rights and wrongs of the FOI act, I feel it is a good thing. If the search has been done in order to carry out a mud slingling exercise, mud can only be slung from the pile of dodgy doo doos.

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 15:33   #148
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
A lot of our views on how this council is run, our also shared be several Conservative Councillors .
Does anyone know how many of the Tories voted for PB and how many for someone else last time they were choosing a leader? Same question for the Labour Councillors as well if anyone knows.
Old 14-02-2009, 15:36   #149
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
You asked for personal information on not only myself,but other labour councillors. I think we have every right to ask why you asked for this information.
I don't think you have any right under the Freedom of Information act to ask. You just have to accept that questions will be asked under FOI for lots of reasons, often by newspapers to make headlines.
Old 14-02-2009, 16:12   #150
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Does anyone know how many of the Tories voted for PB and how many for someone else last time they were choosing a leader? Same question for the Labour Councillors as well if anyone knows.
Unless its changed It used to be a secret ballet of the Tory leader, which actually makes sense when they have to work with each other afterwards

Tags
politics

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..