Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-02-2009, 15:15   #151

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Does anyone know how many of the Tories voted for PB and how many for someone else last time they were choosing a leader? Same question for the Labour Councillors as well if anyone knows.
I can answer about the election of Graham Jones as leader of the Labour Group.

Under Labour Party rules (which apply Nationally as well as Locally), all officers of the Labour Group are re elected annually at the AGM - which takes place in May every year (in year's when there is a borough election, it takes place after the election).

Graham Jones was re elected the Leader of the Labour Group unanimously.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-02-2009, 15:26   #152
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Thanks, is it a secret ballot as Jaysay suggested
Old 14-02-2009, 15:36   #153
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Its right to apologise when you're wrong. As Graham has been on many issues, including the totally incorrect accusations in the first post of this thread. Will there be an apology given or does Graham's hatred for Peter Britcliffe get in the way again, as it often does, and enhances his error of judgement.
I don't remember an apology being issued when he called a fellow councillor a 'silly cow', even though this vile and vicous insult was made within earshot of an Accy Webber.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 15:38   #154
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
At least Cllr Jones did not lie openly about this .. as in the 'Silly Cow' remark (sorry to bring that one up again .. but I heard it remember).

Just an incorrect supposition with the looks of it, and not too difficult to see who may have been asked for this information ..
Sorry Katex, posted a similar comment to your's, before I'd got this far in the thread.

Old 14-02-2009, 15:40   #155
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I don't remember an apology being issued when he called a fellow councillor a 'silly cow', even though this vile and vicous insult was made within earshot of an Accy Webber.
2 wrongs don't make a right
Old 14-02-2009, 15:43   #156
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
I believe it was a close run thing against David Myles when we was first elected. Have they sorted out there differences now or is the party still a little disjointed?
Old 14-02-2009, 15:47   #157

With respect i can absoulutely guarantee the information Andrew received refering to the freedom of information act was requested for reasons only known to him and myself and clearly not for the reasons implied. I would state clearly that at no point has any person put Andrew up to this as suggested. In terms of the statement making sure your repretation remains the same im not clear as to what this implies do you have a repretation? If Andrew chooses to inform people why he applied for the information, his call. No wonder hes laughing and me too its entertaining to say the least. With respect and without predudice Janet.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 15:50   #158
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I believe it was a close run thing against David Myles when we was first elected. Have they sorted out there differences now or is the party still a little disjointed?
Ya Neil it was sorted out Mr Myles Jacked it in
Old 14-02-2009, 15:51   #159
Give, give, give member

Quote:
No they don't, but I doubt an apology on here would be of much interest to Cllr. Britcliffe, as he is much too grand to deign us with his presence, so it would be a bit pointless, unless one of the Three Stooges passed on the apology.

I suppose an apology could have been published on the 'community website', for which H.B.C. received a grant of £591,000.00, if it was still up and running, and had not ben a complete waste of money because of apathy. Still, what's nearly six hundred grand going to buy you nowadays, a hot dog and a Coke in London?

Interestingly I doubt there would have been much interest in councillor's expenses, if a small group of them hadn't been so damned greedy, and voted to award themselves more than an independent panel had recommended.

I hope it's been worth it.

Last edited by garinda; 14-02-2009 at 15:55.
Old 14-02-2009, 15:52   #160
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya Neil it was sorted out Mr Myles Jacked it in
Not another that became an Independent?
Old 14-02-2009, 15:54   #161
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
With respect i can absoulutely guarantee the information Andrew received refering to the freedom of information act was requested for reasons only known to him and myself and clearly not for the reasons implied. I would state clearly that at no point has any person put Andrew up to this as suggested. In terms of the statement making sure your repretation remains the same im not clear as to what this implies do you have a repretation? If Andrew chooses to inform people why he applied for the information, his call. No wonder hes laughing and me too its entertaining to say the least. With respect and without predudice Janet.
Andrew's friends on Facebook are laughing that he knew exactly which year's information to request.

Old 14-02-2009, 15:58   #162
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
I love my son dearly too, but there comes a time when you let them defend themselves, so as not to expose them to ridicule amongst their friends

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 16:00   #163
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i laughing as well as scratching me head, what the hell is a repretation?
Old 14-02-2009, 16:32   #164
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Don't think this is quite a tantamount issue Neil.

It is obvious, Cllr Jones made an incorrect conclusion, and maybe a quick apology to Andrew, not Cllr Bricliffe, would not go amiss. He certainly cannot lie about what he said, as is there for all to see and would not try to wriggle out of it I am sure. Am confident only Andrew put Andrew 'up to this'

I do not believe either that Andrew asked for these expenses because he was doing some sort of research for an essay he might have been writing for his studies. 'How our Councillors waste our money,etc'. There again I am only surmising due to the evidence of recent threads on this subject, and may well owe Andrew myself an apology soon ..(however,pigs will fly as they say)
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 17:04   #165
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Andrew's friends on Facebook are laughing that he knew exactly which year's information to request.
I know this would have flown past Councillor Jones, but the year was 2007/2008. It makes sense that I requested the information on the last full financial year, because of course, 2008/2009 is still ongoing.

The answer is in the detail.

Tags
politics

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..