Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-02-2009, 17:46   #181
Resting in Peace

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

For heaven's sake give the lad a mild apology Cllr Jones, then he will be happy, we will be happy with your humbleness and better still we can then concentrate on why Andrew requested this information ! All politics !

Also you can concentrate on why 'Hyndburn' negated your hard work in the borough..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-02-2009, 17:49   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Along with all the other accusations. Everything I requested was me and me alone. He harked on about Peter Britcliffe many times, suggesting further than probably, suggesting that Peter was the ONLY person who would have known it. Fact is I never did speak to Peter about it, shame his political hatred and self importance cannot cope with that fact.
Most people who request information under the FOI act do so because they either wish to use the information for research or to prove a point. It would be of great interest to everyone who has posted in this thred if Andrew can explain why he has requested the expenses of all HBC councillors for the year 2007/08.

Posted via Mobile Device
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 17:49   #183
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Lots of things are not illegal Garinda, however any sensible, reasonable person would offer an apology when they have accused somebody incorrectly. As Councillor Jones has. I would think it especially sensible when the accuser is a councillor who has got it wrong, when a member of the public has requested information on how they spend public money. I'm sure you'll understand as an independent, so independent that you will defend Councillor Jones even when he is completely wrong.
Oh, so it's only morally that you think an apology is due?

He was right that you did make the request.

He said 'probably' Peter Britcliffe was behind it.

We'll believe you, that he 'probably' wasn't pulling your strings.

If an apology was due, I also think either one of you would have a good legal case for defamation of character, which you don't.

I'll try again.

Straightforwardly, which you always claim to be, what was your reason for requesting the information relating to councillor's expenses?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 18:00   #184
Give, give, give member

Andrew I like you very much as a person, though not a would be politican.

I'm afraid you don't get my vote on this one, for not being able to answer a straightforward question as to your motive.

I also find the fact very telling that your Facebook friends are sharing the joke with you, about you knowing exactly what information to ask for, and from what years.

I'm disappointed.

Old 14-02-2009, 18:03   #185
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
AndrewB, probably on instructions from Peter Britcliffe
Nope, not probably. Not at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones
It was a seedy request
No, it was not a seedy request. The year is simply the last financial year. Nothing more, nothing less. No great conspiracy.

Quote:
Andrew also did a FOI for something only Peter Britcliffe knows.
Making connections with me and Peter Britcliffe, infering that he had asked me to request it. Wrong again. The actual FOI request I sent in regards to mobile phones is as follows:

"Mobile phone costs (if they are council provided or subsidised)"

I didn't even know if Hyndburn council provided mobile phones for their councillors, nor did I know if you or anybody else use them. I simply know that some councils do, so requested it on that basis.

Quote:
What Andrew did not FOI was my mileage or carers allowance... Peter Britcliffe knows it it is £0.
Again linking me to Peter Britcliffe, inferring that I didn't request mileage because he knew yours was £0. Wrong again. I requested travel costs in my FOI request.

Quote:
Some come on Andrew, how did you know where to fire the blank bullets and where not too?? Tell all the board members your reasons for doing it and why you excluded many aspects of allowances and only asked (or was told to ask) where I had ex's!!
Again, inferring that i was told what to request. Again, wrong. I can see a theme.
Old 14-02-2009, 18:04   #186
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I also find the fact very telling that your Facebook friends are sharing the joke with you, about you knowing exactly what information to ask for, and from what years.
They also may well be chuckling that mummy joined up and put in her 2pennath - my son would have told me to shut up - and rightly so

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 18:08   #187
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I can see a theme.
So can I, inference, but with nothing stated as fact.

I must say I'm quite impressed at the way Graham Jones worded his posts now.

Old 14-02-2009, 18:08   #188

Well Andrew, why did you make a FOI request? You must have had a legitimate reason.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 18:10   #189
God Member

Quote:
So can I, inference, but with nothing stated as fact.

I must say I'm quite impressed at the way Graham Jones worded his posts now.
Yes, he is very slimy. I still think it's wrong. I would apologise if I had inferred something that was incorrect. Clearly Graham does not have the bottle.

Not worth it.
Old 14-02-2009, 18:10   #190
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
They also may well be chuckling that mummy joined up and put in her 2pennath - my son would have told me to shut up - and rightly so
Agreed. So would mine...wouldn't apply though, coz I
wouldn't have done it!

Needs to cut the apron strings if he is going into the world of politics.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 18:11   #191
God Member

Quote:
Andrew I like you very much as a person, though not a would be politican.

I'm afraid you don't get my vote on this one, for not being able to answer a straightforward question as to your motive.

I'm disappointed.
Garinda thats because its hilarious. It's hilarious that me picking the last full financial year, as you know the 2008/2009 one doesn't end until April. If I'd have requested this in April, I'd have requested 2008/2009. That's why its funny, because its by sheer chance that this has caused such turmoil.

I requested it because I'm doing a lot of research on our council as part of my university degree. It is just part of my research, but thus far the rest of it has been available without using freedom of information.
Old 14-02-2009, 18:13   #192
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Personally I'd be mortified, not that she joined, but because she identified herself as mummy dearest when offering her support.

Doesn't really help much with the Harry Enfield/Tory Boy tag.

Old 14-02-2009, 18:15   #193
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Garinda thats because its hilarious. It's hilarious that me picking the last full financial year, as you know the 2008/2009 one doesn't end until April. If I'd have requested this in April, I'd have requested 2008/2009. That's why its funny, because its by sheer chance that this has caused such turmoil.

I requested it because I'm doing a lot of research on our council as part of my university degree. It is just part of my research, but thus far the rest of it has been available without using freedom of information.
Thank you, an answer, and an explanation.

That's all that was asked and hoped for from you.

You've somewhat redeemed yourself again in my estimation.

Old 14-02-2009, 18:40   #194
Senior Member+

Quote:
Thank you, an answer, and an explanation.

That's all that was asked and hoped for from you.

You've somewhat redeemed yourself again in my estimation.

I don't know which degree Andrews doing, but it can't be that interesting if part of the degree is knowing which councillors attended the local government conference.

It's not Sociology you doing by any chance Andrew.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 18:42   #195
God Member

Quote:
Garinda thats because its hilarious.

Really ? Personally I think it's as hilarious as sticking pins in my own eyes. You accuse Graham Jones of a poltical hatred towards PB, yet you use accyweb for the same hatred attack on Graham Jones

Maybe you should both keep your mud slinging off here, or encourage PB to join up then we can have a valid mud wrestling competition !!

Tags
politics

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..