Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-02-2009, 20:03   #241

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
State of the country...
That's rich from someone who doesn't even know who her ward councillor is!

Maybe if people took more interest in their local politics, went to meetings etc, this would rebound on the state of the country as a whole......
Sorry i dont agree.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-02-2009, 20:04   #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
Sorry i dont agree.
You dont need to go to meetings to see what is happening to the country it needs a general election to put this country back on its feet.
Old 14-02-2009, 20:04   #243
Caz
God Member

Quote:
I take every interest in my sons education but not in his own political studies do not challenge me on this subject as you dont know me.
But it is OK to defend him against Graham Jones? On what grounds then?

If you didn't want challenging, you shouldn't have out your two penneth in. You obviously can't add anything politically so why bother?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 20:05   #244
God Member

Quote:
What is your reason for not voting Labour next time by the way?
How long have you got?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 20:08   #245
Caz
God Member

Quote:
You dont need to go to meetings to see what is happening to the country it needs a general election to put this country back on its feet.
You need to go to find out what is happening in your area! No point whingeing about not seeing your councillor, you will have had the same info as everyone else. Non voters are the reason we have the council we have now. And it will never change unless people get off their backsides and do something about it.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 14-02-2009, 20:12   #246
God Member

Quote:
You need to go to find out what is happening in your area! No point whingeing about not seeing your councillor, you will have had the same info as everyone else. Non voters are the reason we have the council we have now. And it will never change unless people get off their backsides and do something about it.
Can you explain the apathy?

Old 14-02-2009, 20:13   #247
Caz
God Member

Go on Roy, seeing as you are the font of all knowledge...go ahead.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 14-02-2009, 20:18   #248
Caz
God Member

Maybe you should be asking Andrew's mum that question, seeing as she is an apathetic constituent?

- Oscar Wilde
Old 14-02-2009, 20:21   #249
God Member

Quote:
Go on Roy, seeing as you are the font of all knowledge...go ahead.
For my part, I am still on a learning curve and still listen to knowlegable and qualified people who are up on their subject.

Old 14-02-2009, 20:23   #250
God Member

Quote:
On the grounds that he is misleading people in the first thread post? Not for the first time I add. She doesn't need to know who her councillor is to see that.
Old 14-02-2009, 20:24   #251

Quote:

If you didn't want challenging, you shouldn't have out your two penneth in. You obviously can't add anything politically so why bother?
okay i feel for some reason your trying to have a go at me what harm have i caused you Andrew is more than capable of defending himself if need be and so am i at the end of the day im a good mum and also an individual person who has a right to speak and have an opinion even if im not that into local politics im too busy working to go to meetings in the evenings maybe if i get the chance i will try to attend one. i am behind my son 100per cent in his education and always have been we all have are own field of expertise and unfortunately mine is not politics although i could become interested. forgive me if im wrong but you appear to feel bitter towards me i dont understand.
Old 14-02-2009, 20:27   #252
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
For my part, I am still on a learning curve and still listen to knowlegable and qualified people who are up on their subject.
I sense a hint of sarcasm there.

As I said maybe you should be asking our resident apathetic constituent? Why haven't you?

I believe this thread is for all to contribute to if they so wish, even if they may not be fay to the goings on of the political arena. Most people are viewing it as voters, (most of us) members of the general public who want an input.

You seem to have nothing to add to it.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 14-02-2009, 20:29   #253

Quote:
Maybe you should be asking Andrew's mum that question, seeing as she is an apathetic constituent?
Maybe she is not concerned about the terrible problems in the borough that are being ignored by the current controlling group on Hyndburn borough council, or the money that is being spent in certain areas, just to secure votes. She probably think the money wasted on the failed website is ok. Also the officer's time and the money wasted on 'hare brained' schemes, when they should have been trying to attract new investment into the borough.

Posted via Mobile Device
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 20:33   #254
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Maybe she is not concerned about the terrible problems in the borough that are being ignored by the current controlling group on Hyndburn borough council, or the money that is being spent in certain areas, just to secure votes. She probably think the money wasted on the failed website is ok. Also the officer's time and the money wasted on 'hare brained' schemes, when they should have been trying to attract new investment into the borough.

Posted via Mobile Device
There was me thinking Labour councillors could not stoop any lower! Perhaps the real problem is that even if people wanted somebody else in charge, there's nobody else capable. Better the devil you know.
Old 14-02-2009, 20:33   #255
God Member

Quote:
forgive me if im wrong but you appear to feel bitter towards me i dont understand.

Don't think anyone feels bitter towards you.

Tags
politics

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..