Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-02-2009, 21:01   #271

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Please could someone explain to me why they would vote labour i cant understand now in this day and age.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-02-2009, 21:02   #272
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
I will probably get some comments for this but honestly i havent come across any labour supporters im surprised there are still out there really i am and i used to be one every one i know has changed there vote from labour to tory and believe me i know a lot of people
i come across many that aint gonna vote Full Stop.
Old 14-02-2009, 21:03   #273
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
ya gotta be kidding. ya got no idea what the score was there mate.
Sorry C. no offence intended

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 21:05   #274
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Sorry C. no offence intended
none taken.
Old 14-02-2009, 21:07   #275
God Member

Quote:
Please could someone explain to me why they would vote labour i cant understand now in this day and age.
Ouch.......She's not as daft as I thought she was go for the goolies MUM

Old 14-02-2009, 21:07   #276

Quote:
i come across many that aint gonna vote Full Stop.
Well theres those as well i have come across them but no labour voters
Old 14-02-2009, 21:10   #277
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Well theres those as well i have come across them but no labour voters
perhaps ya need to get about a bit more, have come across the usual suspects both lab/tory as well.
Old 14-02-2009, 21:21   #278

Quote:
perhaps ya need to get about a bit more, have come across the usual suspects both lab/tory as well.
hi im sure there must be some knocking around goodnight
Old 14-02-2009, 21:36   #279
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Ignorance is bliss - maybe that is why you are so very amused
Talking about amused Margaret as an aside, I dont take much to your new avatar......I prefered Nora.

Have a look at this and revert to the original...them stockings.....wow.

Old 14-02-2009, 21:42   #280

Quote:
I can tell you why I vote Labour - I remember the damage that apology for a 'woman' Maggie Thatcher (the milk snatcher) did to the ordinary working man and woman of this country. How she said 'there is no such thing society' and set out to try and break the spirit of hard working people, consigning so many to the scrap heap. Selling off all the utility companies, the railways, British Telecom, closing all the coal mines (when we had 600 years of coal left in them). Attempting to break the trade unions, decimating our industries, ending apprenticeships and brining in YTS (slave labour for 16 and 17 year olds. who were then consigned to the scrapheap, because there was a fresh supply of 16 year olds to fill their places). Allowing building societies to become banks, and loosening the financial control on them. Unfortunately we will have to live with the consequences of her incompetence for years to come.

Cameron is in just the same mould - last year he questioned why anyone would live in the North (maybe he would like us all to commit hari-kari). Over the past few years we have had millions of pounds of LABOUR government money, ploughed into Hyndburn for regeneration via Elevate, in 2009/10 there will be another £8.3 million pound to help to regenerate West Accrington. Cameron has said he will withdraw this funding - leaving East Lancashire to its fate (after all he doesn't think anyone should live in the North). As well as the regeneration money, there is money from LEGI and I am sure Graham will tell you all the other LABOUR government money that we receive in Hyndburn.

I am sure that the Tories would not be coping any better with the current economic crisis - they would probably be making sure the rich were looked after but it would be 'devil take the hindmost', after all the ordinary working person is expendable.

Are these enough reasons to let you know why I am proud to be a member of the Labour Party and a priveleged to be a member of the Labour Group on Hyndburn Borough Council.

Last edited by claytonender; 14-02-2009 at 21:48.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 21:47   #281
God Member

Talking about amused Margaret as an aside, I dont take much to your new avatar......I prefered Nora.

I will change back if you use this one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg victor.jpg (4.0 KB, 1 views)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 22:02   #282
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
I can tell you why I vote Labour - I remember the damage that apology for a 'woman' Maggie Thatcher (the milk snatcher) did to the ordinary working man and woman of this country. How she said 'there is no such thing society' and set out to try and break the spirit of hard working people, consigning so many to the scrap heap. Selling off all the utility companies, the railways, British Telecom, closing all the coal mines (when we had 600 years of coal left in them). Attempting to break the trade unions, decimating our industries, ending apprenticeships and brining in YTS (slave labour for 16 and 17 year olds. who were then consigned to the scrapheap, because there was a fresh supply of 16 year olds to fill their places). Allowing building societies to become banks, and loosening the financial control on them. Unfortunately we will have to live with the consequences of her incompetence for years to come.

Cameron is in just the same mould - last year he questioned why anyone would live in the North (maybe he would like us all to commit hari-kari). Over the past few years we have had millions of pounds of LABOUR government money, ploughed into Hyndburn for regeneration via Elevate, in 2009/10 there will be another £8.3 million pound to help to regenerate West Accrington. Cameron has said he will withdraw this funding - leaving East Lancashire to its fate (after all he doesn't think anyone should live in the North). As well as the regeneration money, there is money form LEGI and I am sure Graham will tell you all the other LABOUR government money that we receive in Hyndburn.

Are these enough reasons to let you know why I am proud to be a member of the Labour Party and a priveleged to be a member of the Labour Group on Hyndburn Borough Council.
Good god woman....the Labour party have been in contol for eleven years at national level.
Maggie has been done and dusted.
If the manufacturing industries were worth propping up by government funding, do you not think that the current labour government would not have taken that on board?
The current situation is dire and that reflects on the total population of the UK.
I dont give a damn on what has gone on in the past and nor do I think do the rest of the populatioin.....what have I got in my pocket, what can I afford to spend, how much tax do I have to pay?....UK is in a hell of a mess and that can't e blamed on Maggie...or can it?

Old 14-02-2009, 22:06   #283
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Good god woman....the Labour party have been in contol for eleven years at national level.
Maggie has been done and dusted.
If the manufacturing industries were worth propping up by government funding, do you not think that the current labour government would not have taken that on board?
The current situation is dire and that reflects on the total population of the UK.
I dont give a damn on what has gone on in the past and nor do I think do the rest of the populatioin.....what have I got in my pocket, what can I afford to spend, how much tax do I have to pay?....UK is in a hell of a mess and that can't e blamed on Maggie...or can it?
the root cause can.
Old 14-02-2009, 22:08   #284
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Like when Labour mislead and twist saying the council tax is the most expensive? Like when they try and kick up a fuss on here for members of the public requesting legitimate information?

All the same. No wonder people are so apathetic. They really do not have an alternative if they wanted to vote for one.
It's always a race to the bottom with the nasty party. I'll say it again. Lets be positive. Labours best achievement is 600 jobs and the Globe centre. Nothing to do with politics, just making people's lives better.

What is the Tories best contribution Andrew....? Now it's all getting positive you don't seem to want to know. Are you not interested in making things better?

waiting............... silence ............... still waiting ......
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 22:11   #285
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post

I will change back if you use this one
Come on Margrit be fair:

Tags
politics

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..