Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2009, 22:46   #31
Caz
God Member

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
I think there is something lost in the interpretation...where the hell are you coming from?..........Ask me a straight question and I might oblige. Today 22:36
You said andrew didn't reply..probably with good reason..., I asked why...you didn't reply.

Is that clear enough for you?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-02-2009, 23:04   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
You said andrew didn't reply..probably with good reason..., I asked why...you didn't reply.

Is that clear enough for you?
OK got that....There are several councillors who subscibe to this forum who are privy to the goings on at council meetings and are in a position, albeit biased to the polical party of their choice....In the main Labour.
I think it is sour grapes politics as is usually the case in the hope of gaining votes for the next election.
Andrew stands up for the party of his choice as I do and I dont think that is a bad thing, but to come on this forum and be slagged off for his belief in the party of his choice is not a good state of affairs.

As for being clear enough for me... I will leave that for you to decide.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 23:07   #33
Senior Member+

i dotn see the kerfuffle, someone (not necessarily andrew) has asked for information that the public (voters) are allowed to ask for.....if i had asked for it would these comments be aimed at me?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 23:10   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
i dotn see the kerfuffle, someone (not necessarily andrew) has asked for information that the public (voters) are allowed to ask for.....if i had asked for it would these comments be aimed at me?
Yep..........if you were in the spotlight n has acess.
Old 12-02-2009, 23:12   #35
Senior Member+

i dont see that whoever it is has done anything wrong

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 23:15   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
i dont see that whoever it is has done anything wrong
the original post did not say it was wrong if ya care to digest it proper, it said the way it was gone about was seedy, n IF it is andrew it was in my opinion.
Old 12-02-2009, 23:19   #37
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
OK got that....There are several councillors who subscibe to this forum who are privy to the goings on at council meetings and are in a position, albeit biased to the polical party of their choice....In the main Labour.
I think it is sour grapes politics as is usually the case in the hope of gaining votes for the next election.
Andrew stands up for the party of his choice as I do and I dont think that is a bad thing, but to come on this forum and be slagged off for his belief in the party of his choice is not a good state of affairs.

As for being clear enough for me... I will leave that for you to decide.
I've never slated anyone for their politics, so that isn't the issue with me. As I said I tend to keep out of political discussions, maybe that's why you consider me out of my depth, which I consider as a slight on my intelligence.

But this is one that really got to me. as I said, if Andrew didn't do this, why didn't he reply whilst on thread instead of disappearing.

Can we now keep to the topic in hand now?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 23:28   #38
Junior Member+

Andrew B has asked for the expenses off all the councillors. I know this may come as a dissapointment to Concillor Jones owing to his self importance but the people of Hyndburn are getting fed up of his point scoreing.I am sure that people like me would like to see him getting on with the job he was elected to do and stop acting like a child. Perhaps Adrew B would like to ask all Councillors what special allowances they take besides their basic allowances?
hyndburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 23:29   #39
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
the original post did not say it was wrong if ya care to digest it proper, it said the way it was gone about was seedy, n IF it is andrew it was in my opinion.
I don't think it was seedy, whoever it was had the right under the act to enquire, maybe it would have appeared devious if this person had tried the direct approach and asked Graham while at the same time searching for the answer using the act so that they could compare the two answers?

I'm sure Graham was trying to indicate that he has nothing to hide by disclosing the answers here on site, but at the same time I think so long as the use of the information isn't for some illicit purpose then it is a perfectly acceptable way of gaining the information, otherwise what use is the freedom of information act?

Bet you didn't expect this from me did you? Whoever you are.

Accygate I bagsy being shortneck.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 23:30   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
I've never slated anyone for their politics, so that isn't the issue with me. As I said I tend to keep out of political discussions, maybe that's why you consider me out of my depth, which I consider as a slight on my intelligence.

But this is one that really got to me. as I said, if Andrew didn't do this, why didn't he reply whilst on thread instead of disappearing.

Can we now keep to the topic in hand now?
He has probably gone on a good night out with his fellow students and having a laugh at the crap that is being thrown at him.....I would

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 23:37   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I don't think it was seedy, whoever it was had the right under the act to enquire, maybe it would have appeared devious if this person had tried the direct approach and asked Graham while at the same time searching for the answer using the act so that they could compare the two answers?

I'm sure Graham was trying to indicate that he has nothing to hide by disclosing the answers here on site, but at the same time I think so long as the use of the information isn't for some illicit purpose then it is a perfectly acceptable way of gaining the information, otherwise what use is the freedom of information act?

Bet you didn't expect this from me did you? Whoever you are.

Accygate I bagsy being shortneck.

the reason i regard it as seedy is the fact that if it was andrew,then both are members on here n know that all these areas are already being discussed in live threads, so on that basis i think it sucks. i would add that if britcliffe or any tory councillor was a member my view would be the same.

Last edited by cashman; 12-02-2009 at 23:46.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 23:42   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyndburn View Post
Andrew B has asked for the expenses off all the councillors. I know this may come as a dissapointment to Concillor Jones owing to his self importance but the people of Hyndburn are getting fed up of his point scoreing.I am sure that people like me would like to see him getting on with the job he was elected to do and stop acting like a child. Perhaps Adrew B would like to ask all Councillors what special allowances they take besides their basic allowances?
Well I am quite prepared to tell everyone exactly what allowances I am claiming - £4388 basic allowance and £724 special allowance as I am Secretary of the Labour Group.

However I would question how you know that Andrew has asked for the expenses of all councillors? Maybe its because you are a councillor yourself.

Last edited by claytonender; 12-02-2009 at 23:51.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 23:54   #43
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
However I would question how you know that Andrew has asked for the expenses of all councillors? Maybe its because you are a councillor yourself.
Or perhaps Andrew told him/her? Andrew is a political student isn't he? Maybe it is some project for his course work?

IF, of course, it is him.

I'm waiting in anticipation for the horses mouth.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 00:01   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Or perhaps Andrew told him/her? Andrew is a political student isn't he? Maybe it is some project for his course work?

IF, of course, it is him.

I'm waiting in anticipation for the horses mouth.

well IF it is, we got a true tory in the making. P.B. don't even run close.
Old 13-02-2009, 00:03   #45
God Member

i wouldnt put it past our tory council to find soem guilable fool to do tehir dirty work and sniffing about for them

maybe its cyfers oops andrews way of scratching tehir backs as he wants in on local polotics and thinks it will score points

personaly my opinion after reading various accusations of bullying and wrong doing by peter britcliffs lot over the years i am inclined to think of that old saying theres no smoke without fire

if cyfer/andrew dosnt like my theories then he coud delete my post seen as he is now a moderator and moderators have not to be questioned

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
politics

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..