Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2009, 00:03   #46
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique
 
Less's Avatar
Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
the reason i regard it as seedy is the fact that if it was andrew,then both are members on here n know that all these areas are already being discussed in live threads, so on that basis i think it sucks. i would add that if britcliffe or any tory councillor was a member my view would be the same.
Nope I think that's wrong,

Why? because if the question asked was for all councillors then all the answers will be received through one source, no doubt Andrew had to fill out a form stating his request and to whom it was directed.
Wouldn't it have been unfair to single Graham out because of his membership on here instead of asking him in exactly the same manner as every other Councillor?
__________________
I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me.

Winnie the Pooh


June 23, 2016 the day democracy in Britain and Europe was killed off.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-02-2009, 00:07   #47
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique
 
Less's Avatar
Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well IF it is, we got a true tory in the making. P.B. don't even run close.
That has never been in doubt!

But of all the torys we get on here he does seem to be the most informed.
__________________
I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me.

Winnie the Pooh


June 23, 2016 the day democracy in Britain and Europe was killed off.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 00:09   #48
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Nope I think that's wrong,

Why? because if the question asked was for all councillors then all the answers will be received through one source, no doubt Andrew had to fill out a form stating his request and to whom it was directed.
Wouldn't it have been unfair to single Graham out because of his membership on here instead of asking him in exactly the same manner as every other Councillor?
true if thats the case, which as only been mentioned late in this thread, is it fact? what really beats me,is if that is so,WHY did he just not say this when reading the thread, i cannot think fer one second he overlooked the oppertunity to shoot Graham Jones to bits, sorry that just don't compute with this kid.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 00:11   #49
God Member
 

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

its all about making each other look bad and whos better at it so biting your lip no matter how great the temptation could deliver a bigger payout


is it a full moon as this sorta behaviour in polotitions or wanabe polotitions feels a little early this month
__________________
All comments above are everything to do with here and therefore the resposibility of the Accrington Web website owners admins and mods.


ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right



accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 00:13   #50
Senior Member+
 
mani's Avatar
 

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

*LOL* @ this thread

awesome-o!
__________________
If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you - Ghenghis Khan
mani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 00:16   #51
Accy Red

 
Bagpuss's Avatar
 
Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyndburn View Post
I am sure that people like me would like to see him getting on with the job he was elected to do and stop acting like a child.
I'm from the Peel Ward and I'm very happy with the amount of work Mr Jones puts in trying to better the area I live in, thank god I'm not a person like you.
__________________

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 00:25   #52
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique
 
Less's Avatar
Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
true if thats the case, which as only been mentioned late in this thread, is it fact? what really beats me,is if that is so,WHY did he just not say this when reading the thread, i cannot think fer one second he overlooked the oppertunity to shoot Graham Jones to bits, sorry that just don't compute with this kid.
Yes it has only been mentioned late in the thread, if it has been asked of all Councillors and Graham had known that fact then I'm sure his starter post would have been much different.

We have no real evidence as yet as to what is or isn't the accuracy of who dunnit or how many he dunn it to!

which is why I said:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
IF, of course, it is him.

I'm waiting in anticipation for the horses mouth.

as for shooting Graham to bits, if it turns out that Andrew did ask everyone, then Graham has mistakenly gone off half cocked and will be limping on the foot he shot himself in for quite a while to come.

__________________
I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me.

Winnie the Pooh


June 23, 2016 the day democracy in Britain and Europe was killed off.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 00:37   #53
God Member
 
MargaretR's Avatar
 

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

It could be the local press deciding to report facts instead of hearsay for a change
...but they must have been given inside info of which facts to ask for
__________________



MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 01:22   #54
Senior Member+
 

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
The Freedom of Information Act is a good piece of legislation that has come in recently.

I have nothing to hide to I am pleased to tell everyone on here that AndrewB, probably on instructions from Peter Britcliffe, is doing his own personal best to make sure that my reputation remains.

Andrew has tabled an FOI on my expenses. I could have told him personally if he had contacted me first but not to worry.

It was a seedy request because The Council has ALWAYS gone to the annual LGA Conference. 3 Tories and 2 Labour. For the last 5 years I have been once and turned it down 4 times. No-one knows (or would faintly remember) that except Peter Britcliffe.

Andrews FOI is not for the 4 years I did not go. It only asks for the year I did (with Jean Battle Labour and 3 Tories). How did you know which year to pick Andrew, I am impressed!!!!!! We were put in a reasonable hotel, the 3 Tories refused that one and booked in a much nicer, more expensive one. I remember myself and Jean having a laugh at how they just can't stop themselves. (BTW Ring Jean Battles no is the book - anyone can ring her)

It was 4 days. The LGA pass was 204.44 for delegates. The Hotel for 4 nights was 323.40. Nice try Andrew. The best bit is the food and travel allowance I claimed was 0. Come Andrew... you asked... now have the guts to tell everyone all about me !!!!

Andrew also did a FOI for something only Peter Britcliffe knows. Mobile tariffs...... I have a big Council Mobile Phone Bill 100 month combined..... and Andrew wants to tell you all about it first as Peter Britcliffe never knew how it happened, just it did.... (How did you know to ask that question Andrew??? - Devils dirty work perhaps - the black art of politics??)

What Andrew did not FOI was my mileage or carers allowance... Peter Britcliffe knows it it is 0.

The Tories have been furiously sending FOI to County Council etc.. to dish the dirt on someone else to cover up their own policies...

Some come on Andrew, how did you know where to fire the blank bullets and where not too?? Tell all the board members your reasons for doing it and why you excluded many aspects of allowances and only asked (or was told to ask) where I had ex's!!

.. I hope you're not on that Wikipedia still

Pathetic. Can we now get on with making this Borough great.
Apparently Graham he has asked the same question about me. I have never even been to a Local Government Conference.

If Andrew had asked me I would have told him that.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 01:34   #55
Give, give, give member
 
garinda's Avatar
 

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Owen View Post
Apparently Graham he has asked the same question about me. I have never even been to a Local Government Conference.

If Andrew had asked me I would have told him that.
You should really consider changing sides, then you too might get to go to the one day jolly at the 'Rural Conference', which apparently costs us 3,000 to send three representatives from Hyndburn.
__________________
'If you're going to be a Kant, be the very best Kant there is my son.'
Johann Georg Kant, father of Immanuel Kant, philosopher.






garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 02:16   #56
God Member
 
andrewb's Avatar
 

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
The Freedom of Information Act is a good piece of legislation that has come in recently.

I have nothing to hide to I am pleased to tell everyone on here that AndrewB, probably on instructions from Peter Britcliffe, is doing his own personal best to make sure that my reputation remains.

Andrew has tabled an FOI on my expenses. I could have told him personally if he had contacted me first but not to worry.

It was a seedy request because The Council has ALWAYS gone to the annual LGA Conference. 3 Tories and 2 Labour. For the last 5 years I have been once and turned it down 4 times. No-one knows (or would faintly remember) that except Peter Britcliffe.

Andrews FOI is not for the 4 years I did not go. It only asks for the year I did (with Jean Battle Labour and 3 Tories). How did you know which year to pick Andrew, I am impressed!!!!!! We were put in a reasonable hotel, the 3 Tories refused that one and booked in a much nicer, more expensive one. I remember myself and Jean having a laugh at how they just can't stop themselves. (BTW Ring Jean Battles no is the book - anyone can ring her)

It was 4 days. The LGA pass was 204.44 for delegates. The Hotel for 4 nights was 323.40. Nice try Andrew. The best bit is the food and travel allowance I claimed was 0. Come Andrew... you asked... now have the guts to tell everyone all about me !!!!

Andrew also did a FOI for something only Peter Britcliffe knows. Mobile tariffs...... I have a big Council Mobile Phone Bill 100 month combined..... and Andrew wants to tell you all about it first as Peter Britcliffe never knew how it happened, just it did.... (How did you know to ask that question Andrew??? - Devils dirty work perhaps - the black art of politics??)

What Andrew did not FOI was my mileage or carers allowance... Peter Britcliffe knows it it is 0.

The Tories have been furiously sending FOI to County Council etc.. to dish the dirt on someone else to cover up their own policies...

Some come on Andrew, how did you know where to fire the blank bullets and where not too?? Tell all the board members your reasons for doing it and why you excluded many aspects of allowances and only asked (or was told to ask) where I had ex's!!

.. I hope you're not on that Wikipedia still

Pathetic. Can we now get on with making this Borough great.
I haven't replied until now as I had a lady over. It did provide us with a topic of conversation though.

Yes, it was me. I did not however, as you see it, go chasing after you with a pitchfork, perhaps you're feeling a little too self important. I actually requested all the councillors expenses. In your world you seem to believe that Mr Britcliffe is out to get you, and must be feeding me information, must be telling me to request expenses from you, must be telling me which expenses to request. As I write all my posts myself, I will have to take it as a complement that you think my posts do not originate from me. In the real world, I don't actually talk to Peter all that much. He certainly doesn't ask me to post things, and if he did, I wouldn't. He will have found out about the expenses that I requested of him, yourself, and other councillors, in the very same way you did.

I don't particularly believe you've been at all rational about this. After all one has to imagine what you were trying to achieve by posting this misinformation here rather than e-mailing me. Would you have done this with another member of the public?
__________________
formerly cyfr
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 02:45   #57
Full Member
 

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

i didnt know accyweb was a pedestal for low level politicians to sling mud, how about both sides sort the mess that is hynburn out first.
__________________
360 Gamertag = royalpurplehead------- PS3 Gamertag = scoobyphil
Ossywarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 08:16   #58
Administrator

 
Neil's Avatar
Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
I haven't replied until now as I had a lady over. It did provide us with a topic of conversation though.......

I don't particularly believe you've been at all rational about this. After all one has to imagine what you were trying to achieve by posting this misinformation here rather than e-mailing me. Would you have done this with another member of the public?

I think you not answering until now has provided us with an amusing thread, well done mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyndburn View Post
Andrew B has asked for the expenses off all the councillors........Perhaps Andrew B would like to ask all Councillors what special allowances they take besides their basic allowances?
I am making an assumption from that post that you are a Council Officer. If you are it might be a good idea to be careful what you post. Posting privileged information on an open forum might not be a wise career move.
__________________
Site Forum Rules/ Site Disclaimer can be seen from this link
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 08:17   #59
Administrator

 
Neil's Avatar
Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ossywarrior View Post
i didnt know accyweb was a pedestal for low level politicians to sling mud, how about both sides sort the mess that is hynburn out first.
Mud slinging is high on the priority list for some local politicians. I find it all very amusing and have even learned to stay out of it most of the time
__________________
Site Forum Rules/ Site Disclaimer can be seen from this link
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 08:42   #60
Senior Member
 

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Mud slinging is high on the priority list for some local politicians. I find it all very amusing and have even learned to stay out of it most of the time
I find it sad, very sad indeed. There is so much that needs doing in the world and in Accrington and all these elected leaders can find to do is argue on here?

This thread should be incorporated into the syllabus of anyone, at whatever level, who is studying Politics.It is an ideal example of what is wrong with Party politics
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
politics

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 19:12.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.51189 seconds with 12 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1