Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2009, 22:23   #751
God Member

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
that my friend is called "Double Standards" as it was Turkish Delight that first brought another into this thread- "Honest Andrew"
And I think he will still vote Conservative after all the ribbing. 20 points ahead at the moment.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-02-2009, 22:27   #752

Quote:
that my friend is called "Double Standards" as it was Turkish Delight that first brought another into this thread- "Honest Andrew"
yes i admit i did say that but i was new to this thread then and naive that it would be used have surely learnt since
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2009, 22:30   #753
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Rindi I accept your position but what the hell are we talking about?
Why not answer the question of where your taxes have been spent on a national level...or does this hurt?
As for my 'position', it's a position where I'm genuinely free to speak my mind, and say what I think is right and wrong.

Unlike other's on here my 'position' isn't hindered by by any political allegiance, and having to worry that I'm not following the party line.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2009, 22:31   #754
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
yes i admit i did say that but i was new to this thread then and naive that it would be used have surely learnt since
Chin up pal we all undergo that....stick your heels in.

Old 19-02-2009, 22:32   #755

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Can I just enlighten you about something that is the Rishton's councillors are attempting to get started in Rishton (in fact the first meeting took place last night). They are attempting to set up Neighbourhood Management in Rishton, with the help of the Area Council staff, but without any funding from HBC being available. The money spent on Area Council calendars (£1500) in the 3 Areas that they were delivered (Peel & Barnfield, Oswaldtwistle and Great Harwood) could have been used to help set up this important scheme in Rishton.
I can understand what your saying thanks for that information.
Old 19-02-2009, 22:39   #756
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I never stated to anyone that i resided on Turkey Street. I can asure you have never recieved a christmas card or calender from either parties but would be happy to pay out of my tax money.
Yes but would you have seen them if they had been posted through your door?

Your voting card for the local elections, that by law is sent to everyone on the Electoral Register, was posted to you, and that quite clearly states the ward you live in, in big bold print, yet you obviously didn't see that, because earlier you said you had no idea which ward you lived in.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2009, 22:43   #757
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
As for my 'position', it's a position where I'm genuinely free to speak my mind, and say what I think is right and wrong.

Unlike other's on here my 'position' isn't hindered by by any political allegiance, and having to worry that I'm not following the party line.
Thats fencing and avoiding the question.
You are not backward at coming forward so to speak.
Your views on the national position woud be interesting...go for it?
You are free to speak your mind I agree.
Would you have a bet on the outcome of the next general election?

Old 19-02-2009, 22:45   #758
God Member

Quote:
You replied to Claytonender's post, where she said...

'Which is something that your son Andrew disagrees with, he thinks it is better for the Council Tax payers of Hyndburn to pay for the production and delivery of Area Council calendars.'

Other than the calendars, which I honestly understand as being a fairly straightforward and accurate statement, why is what she posted wrong? So wrong in fact that it prompted you to go back on your word, and post once again?

You quite obviously disagree with the funding of the Conservative calendars, as shown by what you'd said in the 'Britcliffe Monthly' thread, and which I quoted earlier.
I didn't go back on my word, its unfortunate that you believe I did. She said I supported paying for calendars out of council tax money. I don't support it, you quoted me on this.
Old 19-02-2009, 22:49   #759

Quote:
Yes but would you have seen them if they had been posted through your door?

Your voting card for the local elections, that by law is sent to everyone on the Electoral Register, was posted to you, and that quite clearly states the ward you live in, in big bold print, yet you obviously didn't see that, because earlier you said you had no idea which ward you lived in.
A christmas card i wouldnt have thrown that away i would have thought it was a nice gesture which ever party sent it.
Old 19-02-2009, 22:49   #760
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Democracy is about being able to have your opinion and i clearly stand by mine yes and i contibute to the tax system
its amazing why you should bring another into this that im related too,Childish in my view.
Quote:
naive or not "Double Standards" in my book i only used it too illustrate this fact.
Old 19-02-2009, 22:50   #761
God Member

Quote:
Don't let them push you into a corner. I'd feel completely dishonest if you were going about in secret agreeing with me. You were open and transparent, good on you for it. People will only use the mother and son connection when they do not have a better argument. Laugh it off.
Old 19-02-2009, 22:53   #762
God Member

Quote:
naive or not "Double Standards" in my book i only used it too illustrate this fact.
Thats clutching at straws Cashy?

Old 19-02-2009, 23:13   #763

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Don't let them push you into a corner. I'd feel completely dishonest if you were going about in secret agreeing with me. You were open and transparent, good on you for it. People will only use the mother and son connection when they do not have a better argument. Laugh it off.
I am laughing it off so are all my friends. I dont agree with everything you say as is transparent on here, regarding the mother and son connection i will state this G.J and Claytonender dont stoop that low to use this in their defense and to be totally clear wether you agree with me or nor they have my respect for that one i feel they are representing in a totally professional manner un-like some.
Old 19-02-2009, 23:15   #764
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Thats clutching at straws Cashy?
not really roy, even andrews doing it now,

[People will only use the mother and son connection when they do not have a better argument. Laugh it off.] when in fact it was not started by me, remove yer blinkers n you will see it to.
Old 19-02-2009, 23:27   #765

Hi Royboy it appears your blinkered to now that makes three of us well not to worry.

Tags
politics

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..