Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2009, 01:22   #796
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
The council is sound financially, even rated an excellent council by the independent audit commission. A massive achievement considering what it was when they inherited it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Andrew do you have 100percent proof that it was Labour who created the 'black hole' in HBC finances in the -
1year out of the last 10 (May 2002 to May 2003)that they were in control of HBC. Or is it just hearsay?
well andrew you have stated it........ claytonender is questioning it.... my challenge is "Prove It" show everyone if you are correct. please.
Old 20-02-2009, 01:23   #797
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
It seemed quite clear to me, because you'd referred to the amusing nature of the whole thread, that you would no longer be posting in it.
I always thought you were good at reading. Perhaps you've been at the wine.
Old 20-02-2009, 01:24   #798
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well andrew you have stated it........ claytonender is questioning it.... my challenge is "Prove It" show everyone if you are correct. please.
I'd love for Labour to prove Hyndburn council tax is the highest Cashy.
Old 20-02-2009, 01:25   #799
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well cashman I will certainly look into the black hole when home. Fact is it happened, and nobody can doubt that, what they have managed to achieve from what they started with is fantastic. This must be one of the reasons the independent audit commission labelled them an excellent council.
Old 20-02-2009, 01:29   #800
God Member

Quote:
Well cashman I will certainly look into the black hole when home.
Here calm down son..can't be having any of that...this is still a family forum.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 01:30   #801
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Well cashman I will certainly look into the black hole when home. Fact is it happened, and nobody can doubt that, what they have managed to achieve from what they started with is fantastic. This must be one of the reasons the independent audit commission labelled them an excellent council.
funny how independents are gospel.......until it comes to expenses, then they don't matter.
Old 20-02-2009, 01:30   #802
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
This is a something I asked Andrew to answer, when he sent me a private message earlier, but he doesn't appear to want to provide an answer.

Maybe you would like to tell me how Peter Britcliffe last year claimed Members Allowances of £27760.59 which is over twice as much as the highest paid member of Rossendale BC, when Hazel Harding (who is leader of LCC -which has a budget of millons of pounds and provide 72% of the services in Hyndburn and the other district councils in Lancashire) only had member's allowances of £39983.
Here is a link to LCC member's allowances for 2007 to 2008

http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/corpora...oc.asp?id=5295

The average household income in Church ward is £22K, it is obscene that Peter Britcliffe is claiming so much in allowances.

I would be interested in what thoughts the rest of you have about it.
£27,760.59 per annum?

...and the greedy bleeder is quibbling that he can't survive on the subsistance allowance that was recommended by an independent body?

No wonder the people of Hyndburn are getting sick and fed up with the people at the helm of H.B.C., as they try to scrape the money together to pay their council tax bills, which have to fund these increases.

I bet a lot of people would like to chose what they decide they are worth, and award themselves what equalled a 20% pay increase only the other year.

Nice work if you can get it.

To the people of Hyndburn who didn't vote for Cllr. Britcliffe, and have him as their council leader, on behalf of the ward that did elect him, I apologise.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 01:35   #803
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
I thought The Leader claimed;
1. Basic 2. Leader 3. Cabinet 4. Judicial Chair 5. Area Council Chair 6.Chair Licensing which came to around £36,000, excluding travel, conferences, mobile, child care.
Oh, I posted before I got to this bit.

So it may well be £36,000?

Ladies and gentlemen do we have any other bids higher than thirty six thousand pounds?

No wonder he left teaching, and closed his frock shop.

Old 20-02-2009, 01:39   #804
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
too much knowledge is dangerous.
Perhaps you should have taught your son that, then he might not have wanted information about councillor's expenses.

Still, I think it's sweet you're making up for lost time, and supporting your son.

Old 20-02-2009, 01:45   #805
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
You would be advised to stick to issues. Joan simply made a factual point. Whilst you're here and you have dished out a critique of local Labour.

I asked what is the most positive thing the Conservatives have done locally (given they have been pulling the purse strings and trusted with making the decisions for the last decade)?

I published Labour's big achievements which I take it you think are good because you have chosen not to criticise.

As Kim puts in her SMS to me... waiting.......!! It's been 2 days and nothing, not even the great Jaysay has answered for you. Spouting is easy, doing, that's different.
At least I answered the question.

The lovely towers of flowers are the best thing that they've done for Hyndburn, of course.

Quite an achievment for them.

Happily it didn't need a costly questionnaire for (the ones lucky enough to receive one) them to decide if we needed them.

They managed it all on their own.

Old 20-02-2009, 01:52   #806
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I always thought you were good at reading. Perhaps you've been at the wine.
Besides a glass of Champagne on Christmas Day, I haven't had a drink since my last holiday in September.

I like to keep a clear head, so that what I post is as clear as I can make it, in case I myself ever posted something, and then in a moment of weakness went back on my word.

Happily I always, always keep my word, and by doing so the people I know know they can trust what I say completely.

Old 20-02-2009, 01:56   #807
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I'd love for Labour to prove Hyndburn council tax is the highest Cashy.
Labour don't have to.

The Daily Telegraph did that, then published it for all the world to see, bringing great shame and sadness on the poor borough.

Old 20-02-2009, 02:06   #808
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Labour don't have to.

The Daily Telegraph did that, then published it for all the world to see, bringing great shame and sadness on the poor borough.
Hydburn is a "poor" borough... come on.. I don't see that when I visit... not wealhy but not poor..
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 02:09   #809
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
If you personally choose not to trust me absoulutely fine no problem with that issue.I am not on here to be judged by anyone. yes knowledge is power but equally too much knowledge is dangerous.
"Too much knowledge is dangerous"? Are you sure you got this one the right way round. Maybe you should read Pope ... Alexander that is. And I'm afraid I don't quite see the equation in your logic. Of course, you could be thinking of Shakespeare .... I'll wing this one 'cause I don't want to go searching for my copy of JC: "Let me have men about me that are fat,/Sleek headed men, such as sleep at night/Yon Cassius (or Ali) has a lean and hungry look,/He thinks too much./Such men are dangerous." But in this sense the thinking man, the one with the knowledge, is dangerous to those who wish, altho' denying it, for power. Not the power that comes from knowledge, but political power. In other words, to say that knowledge is dangerous, is, in most cases, to utter horse manure.

Have a nice day

Well that's enough pedantry for one night.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 02:14   #810
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Hydburn is a "poor" borough... come on.. I don't see that when I visit... not wealhy but not poor..
Poor meaning it was shaming and pitful to be labelled in the national press as having the most expensive Council Tax in the country.

(See definition number 8.)

poor (pr)adj. poor·er, poor·est 1. Having little or no wealth and few or no possessions.
2. Lacking in a specified resource or quality: an area poor in timber and coal; a diet poor in calcium.
3. Not adequate in quality; inferior: a poor performance.
4. a. Lacking in value; insufficient: poor wages.
b. Lacking in quantity: poor attendance.

5. Lacking fertility: poor soil.
6. Undernourished; lean.
7. Humble: a poor spirit.
8. Eliciting or deserving pity; pitiable.

Tags
politics

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..