Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2009, 16:07   #871
Resting in Peace

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Try taking your own advice Mr Jones. Squabbling on here isn't doing you any favours whatsoever.
I'm all for councillors coming on here if they have something constructive to say, like how they are improving local issues (not going on about what the other party isn't doing), or replying to a question from a Hyndburn resident. Your posts in this thread however have been nothing but irritating garble from an uber-defensive stance in a political party war that only exists in your head.
I have resisted posting a lot on this thread, but I must say Shakermaker your spot on, karma on its way
Old 20-02-2009, 16:11   #872
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones
it would be nice if you could write a post that didn't have my name it for a start
Don't flatter yourself. You made this thread all about you and your wayward accusations. Don't dodge the bullet now. As you say, "Be honest and stick to the issues."

Quote:
My view is not exclusively party political. All the big suggestions have come from Labour in control (a decade ago) and Labour in opposition (the last 10 years). If that is so horrendously wrong, say exactly how it is wrong.
Who cares which party comes up with the best ideas as long as they get done? As much as I dislike Peter Britcliffe*, he and his party must be doing something right. You claim that the only "big ideas" (whether they are good or not is unclear in your post) come from Labour. Sorry to be simplistic, but if that is true why have Labour been in opposition for a decade?
If Labour are this glowing positive force for change, why are you taking part in mudslinging here?

One of the reasons why people are so apathetic about voting these days is because of all this party politics crap. Rather than being an ideological debate forum, we have candidates who are on opposite cheeks of the same hairy ass.

By all accounts in 'the real world' you are a hard working person who does good work for his ward. What I am trying to point out, what you are not 'getting', is that the way you've portrayed yourself on here goes against your work and makes you seem sleazy, untrustworthy and only concerned with gunning down anything to do with the Conservative party. All the while maintaining that you are a 'doer' rather than a 'spouter'.

*I dislike Peter Britcliffe mainly because of his sleazy attitude towards my football team, Accrington Stanley. It may seem simplistic to you, but it is not - as you infer all my opinions to be - because I am living up to 'a fake local celebrity culture'.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 16:21   #873
God Member

Quote:
Rather than being an ideological debate forum, we have candidates who are on opposite cheeks of the same hairy ass.

Did you squeeze this one in to coincide with the accyweb awards. If it doesn't get an award for funniest put down at least your going to get some karma for it

Edited to say you can have some karma when I can give it
Old 20-02-2009, 16:25   #874
God Member

Quote:
You seem obsessed by some fake local celebrity culture rather than making a difference. (it would be nice if you could write a post that didn't have my name it for a start).
Excellent stuff. Has anyone read a post from g jones that didn't have either Peter Britcliffe's or andrewb's name in?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 16:41   #875
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Excellent stuff. Has anyone read a post from g jones that didn't have either Peter Britcliffe's or andrewb's name in?
I feel insulted yerself, he tries to drag me into it as well, only he doesn't use my screen name he gets all personal and uses my christian name
Old 20-02-2009, 17:24   #876
Give, give, give member

Quote:

*I dislike Peter Britcliffe mainly because of his sleazy attitude towards my football team, Accrington Stanley. It may seem simplistic to you, but it is not - as you infer all my opinions to be - because I am living up to 'a fake local celebrity culture'.
That's your opinion, and fair enough, but I find myself in the strange position of defending Cllr. Britcliffe here.

He's always been open that he's a Rovers supporter, but he's certainly used his column in the Observer to urge people to support Accrington Stanley, and I've seen him myself watching up at Stanley, probably when Blackburn were playing away, but hey he was there.

When Stanley won promotion back into the Football League, as far as I was concerned the event was met with enough civic celebration as the promotion deserved. I'm sure there would have been more of an outcry if H.B.C. hadn't marked the historic occasion with the parade and civic reception etc.

When all's said and done Accrington Stanley are a privately owned football club and business. I'm sure there are many other businesses in Hyndburn, many employing more people than Accrington Stanley, who'd love the chance to be supported with tax payers money to the tune of £84,000, no matter how mutually benefical an arrangement it is.

I'm sure that I'm not going to change your opinion, but I really felt in fairness I had to post that why you dislike him is wrong.

Stanley defend council cash injection - News - Accrington Observer

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 17:28   #877
Give, give, give member

Can any councillor show details of how the Council Tax is allocated to the various places it goes to, especially H.B.C.'s share that is paid to Council Officers etc?

I can't find anything about it.

Thank you.

Old 20-02-2009, 17:32   #878
Senior Member+

How has this thread got from the freedom of information act, to the mighty Stanley?
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 17:40   #879

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post

Re: Looking for a Nice place to Eat in the Accy area
Have you tried places like Checco's at Great Harwood? La Varanda on the way into Haslingden is good. Went to Hordens (Horden Vale Hotel off Grane Road Haslingden) recently. That was top class. Very nice. ...Or alternatively carry along the Grane to the £3.50 Carvery overlooking the reservoir.

This is a post by Graham Jones that didn't mention either Peter Britcliffe or Andrew's name. (It is post 34 in the thread)
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 17:59   #880
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Owen View Post
How has this thread got from the freedom of information act, to the mighty Stanley?

...because someone in the thread said they disliked Cllr. Britcliffe because of Stanley.

Old 20-02-2009, 18:02   #881
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
That's your opinion, and fair enough, but I find myself in the strange position of defending Cllr. Britcliffe here.
Well that's subject for debate in a whole other thread. In fact many have been made in the past. Just so you know, I haven't ignored your post, I just don't want to get into it in this thread.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 18:07   #882
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Well that's subject for debate in a whole other thread. In fact many have been made in the past. Just so you know, I haven't ignored your post, I just don't want to get into it in this thread.
As I said, I know I won't change your mind, but since you mentioned it in this thread, I did think I should post the counter argument to your reasons.

Old 20-02-2009, 18:13   #883
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Re: Looking for a Nice place to Eat in the Accy area
Have you tried places like Checco's at Great Harwood? La Varanda on the way into Haslingden is good. Went to Hordens (Horden Vale Hotel off Grane Road Haslingden) recently. That was top class. Very nice. ...Or alternatively carry along the Grane to the £3.50 Carvery overlooking the reservoir.

This is a post by Graham Jones that didn't mention either Peter Britcliffe or Andrew's name. (It is post 34 in the thread)
Claytonender What has all this got to do with the freedom of information act.

Although even Peter could afford the £3.50 one. Pity it's not in London
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 18:17   #884
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Owen View Post
Claytonender What has all this got to do with the freedom of information act.

Although even Peter could afford the £3.50 one. Pity it's not in London
Wasn't the Freedom of Information Act used in the first instance, to look at councillor's expenses?

Doesn't seem much of a wander, compared to some there's been in this thread.

Old 20-02-2009, 18:18   #885
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Can any councillor show details of how the Council Tax is allocated to the various places it goes to, especially H.B.C.'s share that is paid to Council Officers etc?

I can't find anything about it.

Thank you.
Since we have a councillor on line, can you point me in the right direction in finding a breakdown as to where the Council Tax goes please?

Tags
politics

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..