Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2009, 21:12   #1
Senior Member+
 
g jones's Avatar
 

Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

The Freedom of Information Act is a good piece of legislation that has come in recently.

I have nothing to hide to I am pleased to tell everyone on here that AndrewB, probably on instructions from Peter Britcliffe, is doing his own personal best to make sure that my reputation remains.

Andrew has tabled an FOI on my expenses. I could have told him personally if he had contacted me first but not to worry.

It was a seedy request because The Council has ALWAYS gone to the annual LGA Conference. 3 Tories and 2 Labour. For the last 5 years I have been once and turned it down 4 times. No-one knows (or would faintly remember) that except Peter Britcliffe.

Andrews FOI is not for the 4 years I did not go. It only asks for the year I did (with Jean Battle Labour and 3 Tories). How did you know which year to pick Andrew, I am impressed!!!!!! We were put in a reasonable hotel, the 3 Tories refused that one and booked in a much nicer, more expensive one. I remember myself and Jean having a laugh at how they just can't stop themselves. (BTW Ring Jean Battles no is the book - anyone can ring her)

It was 4 days. The LGA pass was 204.44 for delegates. The Hotel for 4 nights was 323.40. Nice try Andrew. The best bit is the food and travel allowance I claimed was 0. Come Andrew... you asked... now have the guts to tell everyone all about me !!!!

Andrew also did a FOI for something only Peter Britcliffe knows. Mobile tariffs...... I have a big Council Mobile Phone Bill 100 month combined..... and Andrew wants to tell you all about it first as Peter Britcliffe never knew how it happened, just it did.... (How did you know to ask that question Andrew??? - Devils dirty work perhaps - the black art of politics??)

What Andrew did not FOI was my mileage or carers allowance... Peter Britcliffe knows it it is 0.

The Tories have been furiously sending FOI to County Council etc.. to dish the dirt on someone else to cover up their own policies...

Some come on Andrew, how did you know where to fire the blank bullets and where not too?? Tell all the board members your reasons for doing it and why you excluded many aspects of allowances and only asked (or was told to ask) where I had ex's!!

.. I hope you're not on that Wikipedia still

Pathetic. Can we now get on with making this Borough great.

Last edited by g jones; 12-02-2009 at 21:16.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-02-2009, 21:23   #2
Senior Member
 

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Here we go again

Would it not be easier to email Anrew or even Peter directly and not involve other people in your childish pointscoring

Do you actually realise what harm you are doing your own and the parties reputation by acting is if you were in a schoolyard, he said that, he said this....

I would like my vote to someone that has an ounce of dignity....
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 21:26   #3
God Member
 
Royboy39's Avatar
 

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
The Freedom of Information Act is a good piece of legislation that has come in recently.

I have nothing to hide to I am pleased to tell everyone on here that AndrewB, probably on instructions from Peter Britcliffe, is doing his own personal best to make sure that my reputation remains.

Andrew has tabled an FOI on my expenses. I could have told him personally if he had contacted me first but not to worry.

It was a seedy request because The Council has ALWAYS gone to the annual LGA Conference. 3 Tories and 2 Labour. For the last 5 years I have been once and turned it down 4 times. No-one knows (or would faintly remember) that except Peter Britcliffe.

Andrews FOI is not for the 4 years I did not go. It only asks for the year I did (with Jean Battle Labour and 3 Tories). How did you know which year to pick Andrew, I am impressed!!!!!! We were put in a reasonable hotel, the 3 Tories refused that one and booked in a much nicer, more expensive one. I remember myself and Jean having a laugh at how they just can't stop themselves. (BTW Ring Jean Battles no is the book - anyone can ring her)

It was 4 days. The LGA pass was 204.44 for delegates. The Hotel for 4 nights was 323.40. Nice try Andrew. The best bit is the food and travel allowance I claimed was 0. Come Andrew... you asked... now have the guts to tell everyone all about me !!!!

Andrew also did a FOI for something only Peter Britcliffe knows. Mobile tariffs...... I have a big Council Mobile Phone Bill 100 month combined..... and Andrew wants to tell you all about it first as Peter Britcliffe never knew how it happened, just it did.... (How did you know to ask that question Andrew??? - Devils dirty work perhaps - the black art of politics??)

What Andrew did not FOI was my mileage or carers allowance... Peter Britcliffe knows it it is 0.

The Tories have been furiously sending FOI to County Council etc.. to dish the dirt on someone else to cover up their own policies...

Some come on Andrew, how did you know where to fire the blank bullets and where not too?? Tell all the board members your reasons for doing it and why you excluded many aspects of allowances and only asked (or was told to ask) where I had ex's!!

.. I hope you're not on that Wikipedia still

Pathetic. Can we now get on with making this Borough great.
Your going to have a hell of a problem with that Bullsh1te.
__________________
Supporting Barcelona 2012/2013

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 21:27   #4
Accy Red

 
Bagpuss's Avatar
 
Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
Here we go again
Shut up, I for one would be interested in a response from Andrew but we might have to wait for Britcliffe to write it for him.

BTW I'm not a Labour voter!!!
__________________

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 21:29   #5
God Member
 
Eric's Avatar
 

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Just a question, I don't want to interupt the flow of debate: How old is your Freedom of Information Act .... does it apply to all levels of govt., are there the usual prohibitions that come under the general heading of "national securtiy." Does the general public have enough info. about the act in order to access what they want? Does the govt. have watchdogs like the Auditor General in Canada who publishes every year information on govt. spending (and waste)? Just interested.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 21:31   #6
Member
 

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Absolutely pathetic but I will be more than happy to do a comparison between expenses claime by Graham over the time he has been on the council and the same timescale for Peter don't always blame opposition councillors Roy, you don't know the full facts but continue to spout off about things you know nothing about
ClarePritchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 21:34   #7
Caz
God Member
 
Caz's Avatar
 

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Maybe Andrew should have emailed Graham, Only me?

I for one would be interested in anything said about this. Usually keep out of political discussions, but think this situation is totally pathetic.
__________________
Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.
- Edmund Burke

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 21:36   #8
Senior Member+
 
emamum's Avatar
 

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

do you know for a fact it was andrew?
__________________
Like the old woman who lived in a shoe, i have so many children i can't fit the tickers in my signature.....

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 21:39   #9
Give, give, give member
 
garinda's Avatar
 

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

I hope this doesn't mean Sooty isn't thrown to the bottom of the toy box, now someone's got his hand up a new puppet.

__________________
'If you're going to be a Kant, be the very best Kant there is my son.'
Johann Georg Kant, father of Immanuel Kant, philosopher.






garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 21:42   #10
God Member
 
derekgas's Avatar
 

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

I for one think Andrew is entitled to ask the question, and Graham is entitled to answer to his expenses, and his critics, it would be nice to see an accurate account of ALL politicians claimed expenses.
__________________
www.fgcc.co
If time travel were possible, wouldn't somebody have been back or forward and told us by now?
derekgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 21:43   #11
Give, give, give member
 
garinda's Avatar
 

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Does the Freedom of Information Act also not allow the freedom to know who requested it?

If not it should, as that is a major flaw, in as much as some information isn't as freely available as others, apparently.
__________________
'If you're going to be a Kant, be the very best Kant there is my son.'
Johann Georg Kant, father of Immanuel Kant, philosopher.






garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 21:48   #12
Caz
God Member
 
Caz's Avatar
 

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
I for one think Andrew is entitled to ask the question, and Graham is entitled to answer to his expenses, and his critics, it would be nice to see an accurate account of ALL politicians claimed expenses.

But why does he think he had to go down that route? Sure Graham as he says would have given him the information.

As far as I know, you can make an anonymous request, but what the situation is when someone requests information of who made the request, I don't know. If you can't find out, it is a bit of a stupid situation isn't it?
__________________
Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.
- Edmund Burke

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 21:49   #13
Administrator

 
Neil's Avatar
Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Graham I honestly think you should claim out of pocket expenses when you are away. I know you think you are doing the right thing but you should not spend your own money while on Council business. Just my opinion.

I take it you know for definite who put the FOI's in so come on Andrew what game are you playing and who told you to do it? You appear to believe in being open and honest so I am sure you wont have a problem telling us. Out of interest how much does it cost to put in a FOI?
__________________
Site Forum Rules/ Site Disclaimer can be seen from this link
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 21:50   #14
God Member
 
Royboy39's Avatar
 

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarePritchard View Post
Absolutely pathetic but I will be more than happy to do a comparison between expenses claime by Graham over the time he has been on the council and the same timescale for Peter don't always blame opposition councillors Roy, you don't know the full facts but continue to spout off about things you know nothing about
Ok...as transparency is the theme...enlighten me....and the rest of the nation...If it against the law I am sure that the wigs will pick it up...go for it....If youir claim of absolutely pathetic is justified, I will be on your side, otherwise...not only me but other questioners may wonder at your motives.?
I think that your 'Spout Off' comment will be of interest to the ones who question and really take note of what is going on and are not taken in by the constant blitz of polical propaganda...on this forum in particular for the lost cause of the failed Labour Government.
__________________
Supporting Barcelona 2012/2013

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 21:54   #15
Caz
God Member
 
Caz's Avatar
 

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Strange that Andrew has been on this thread and not commented?
__________________
Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.
- Edmund Burke

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
politics

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 13:06.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.33660 seconds with 12 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1