Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Accyexplorer
  • 1 Post By gpick24

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-11-2014, 08:55   #1
Senior Member+

Are Scottish Power strapped for cash?

I think they must be, just checked my electricity bills from last year and there is a three month period (August - November 2013) that appears on two bills.
Bill 1 - Dated 23 August 2013 - 20 November 2013
Bill 2 - Dated 2 July 2013 - 7 February 2014.

Not happy at all, already got one problem escalated with them after a 90min phone call last week, looks like I`m on for another tonight.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-11-2014, 09:17   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Are Scottish Power strapped for cash?

"Administrative blunder","human error" just some of the terms expressed by SP when I was a customer with them (never again).It shows (frightening) incompetence from SP if you ask me.
I'd hit them for a goodwill payment when you eventually sort it out g (I got £100).
gpick24 likes this.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2014, 09:23   #3
Senior Member+

By my reckoning I`ve overpaid a lot more than that in the 18 months since we changed meters. If it wasn`t for the problem I highlighted to them last week (still on economy 7 when new meter should have been single rate), I never would have spotted this.
Old 26-11-2014, 09:38   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
By my reckoning I`ve overpaid a lot more than that in the 18 months since we changed meters. If it wasn`t for the problem I highlighted to them last week (still on economy 7 when new meter should have been single rate), I never would have spotted this.
They should be investigated imo,high prices and poor standards seem to be the norm for SP.
I bet if they was forced to compensate folk plus give back whatever they've overcharged these "blunders/errors" would be sorted out almost overnight.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2014, 09:59   #5
Senior Member+

I`ll see what they say when I ring them tonight, but it seems to me their level of buffoonery is off the scale. I switched gas supplier from British Gas to Scottish Power a few months back, instead of a welcome pack I got a letter confirming i`d cancelled my electricity supply with them.

Last edited by gpick24; 26-11-2014 at 10:01.
Old 27-11-2014, 21:31   #6
Senior Member+

Are Scottish Power strapped for cash?

Quick update- finally managed to speak to someone who seems to know what they are doing, the "escalated" problem with the meter hadn't actually been escalated but just past to on to manual billing which, as it's a payg meter got rejected by them. Now have the correct meter scheduled to be installed next week and bills to be re-calculated. My basic working out has my overpaying around £400.
Accyexplorer likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..