Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: for or against fracking
im for fracking 11 55.00%
im against fracking 9 45.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-07-2013, 22:51   #1
God Member

are you for or against ?

who is against or for fracking ? im leaving my mind open just now but the evidence coming out is worrying The Threat | Frack Off
Old 31-07-2013, 08:16   #2
God Member

Re: are you for or against ?

Many of us have already expressed opinion on this topic

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ool-57860.html

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ire-64450.html

Yesterday's comment by that tory peer sums up the attitude of the government - north of Watford is already a wasteland so fracking sites can't make it more ugly and polluted than it already is.

Personally, I find open moorland more attractive than leafy lanes and village greens.
cmonstanley, Eric and Turtle like this.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 09:05   #3
God Member

sorry about that, but lets all have a vote to let the local politicians know public opinion. im now against.
Old 31-07-2013, 09:59   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I voted for, reason being i'm still undecided n yeh never gave that option. Think much more research should surface before any for or against comes into play,
Old 31-07-2013, 12:32   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
sorry about that, but lets all have a vote to let the local politicians know public opinion. im now against.
How the hell are local politicians going to know the result of this poll in Bonny Scotland that's where Your local politicians are after all
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 12:43   #6
God Member

no fracking where I live yet but nothing will surprise me I see the water companies warning were swept under the carpet.
Mog likes this.
Old 31-07-2013, 15:28   #7
God Member

i think i heard something about fracking where it was mentioned the ground could fall away from under blackpool i think it was if it went wrong

so no negatives as of yet
susie123 likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 15:36   #8
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
no fracking where I live yet but nothing will surprise me I see the water companies warning were swept under the carpet.
Let's be honest, we don't know, there are even some on site that say no to fracking but given the chance of fortified water gained from this, would buy it as some sort of health giving elixir, so long as it's offered from abroad with an iffy website recommending it.

Looking at your track record and the way you view the world, if you're agin it, I'm sure it's the best thing that could happen in our world.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 17:57   #9
Super Moderator

Tell you one thing I'm definitely against - the number of polls you seem to be inflicting on this group. Have polls replaced cut-and-paste as your new substitute for coherent debate?
jaysay likes this.
Old 31-07-2013, 20:16   #10
God Member

Latest polls show people are loosing faith in polls

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 01-08-2013, 12:23   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Many of us have already expressed opinion on this topic

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ool-57860.html

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ire-64450.html

Yesterday's comment by that tory peer sums up the attitude of the government - north of Watford is already a wasteland so fracking sites can't make it more ugly and polluted than it already is.

Personally, I find open moorland more attractive than leafy lanes and village greens.
I see that Lord Muck has backed down on the "desolate" north-east comment .... he actually meant north-west

Fracking uproar peer causes further derision with geography revision | Environment | theguardian.com
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 13:10   #12

are you for or against ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I see that Lord Muck has backed down on the "desolate" north-east comment .... he actually meant north-west

Fracking uproar peer causes further derision with geography revision | Environment | theguardian.com
No doubt he can't tell his left from his right either.
Frightening that these people are allowed to breath,never mind think they could rule or even advise the rulers of the Country.
Eric and pallyman like this.
Old 01-08-2013, 13:31   #13
God Member

i dont think a poll was needed because when it comes to hyndburn %95 of people will be for fracking the other %10 will be too thick to understand it

yes that was deliberate :-)

Old 01-08-2013, 14:51   #14

are you for or against ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i dont think a poll was needed because when it comes to hyndburn %95 of people will be for fracking the other %10 will be too thick to understand it

Nah, you were just demonstrating that we always give 105%.
Like when Starship Enterprise is in trouble, Scotty always says, ' the engines are running at 105% captain, Och, she's gonna blow.
Old 02-08-2013, 17:30   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post

And there was me thinking it was for the benefit of our illustrious member of Parliament
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..