Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2007, 09:45   #16
I am Banned

Re: Are You Safe In His Taxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
yes the taxi firm has done nothing wrong ,only the driver if you name the firm and they loose revenue they can sue roy for lost money.
True but thats where this country is naffed up, this taxi firm have given this person a job knowing full well of their employees past as in this case, so isn't that their responsibility to ensure their drivers are trust worthy with customers so will be their own fault!! - In an ideal world of course

But yeh they would do that mick just to absolve themselves of their own responsiblity!!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-03-2007, 09:46   #17
Resting in Peace

ok i got it wrong should have been libel so what so sue me
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 09:49   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

this is nothing short of disgraceful, these councillors with the exeption of councillor pritchard (who voted against) should recieve some real pain off constituents now and at election time.
Old 16-03-2007, 09:50   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
ok i got it wrong should have been libel so what so sue me
Or come round and call you names so it's slander
Old 16-03-2007, 09:52   #20
Resting in Peace

people do that all the time lancsdave
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 10:21   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
I tend to stick with one taxi firm i know & trust as best as possible, im really concious of my safety as it is, as such attacks do happen to you or your family!!
I always get the same taxi firm, but they could be the ones who employed him. I'd walk home from work, but dont really want to walk through Ossy at 2am. That could be as dangerous as getting in a taxi with this man! I'll just have to ask for one of the drivers that I know and trust, but firms can be funny if you do that.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 10:22   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

the court apparently said the guy should remain on the list until 2011, i assume this was made by them with police evidence? i would be interested to see a POLICE view of this. because it seems to me the council think the police and courts are wrong.
Old 16-03-2007, 10:25   #23
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly View Post
I always get the same taxi firm, but they could be the ones who employed him. I'd walk home from work, but dont really want to walk through Ossy at 2am. That could be as dangerous as getting in a taxi with this man! I'll just have to ask for one of the drivers that I know and trust, but firms can be funny if you do that.
Thats a good point in fear of getting this scumbag driver it could potentially make women feel its better to walk home at unsafe hours, so this problem really needs to be addressed hopefully before something horrible does happen!
Old 16-03-2007, 10:28   #24
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
the court apparently said the guy should remain on the list until 2011, i assume this was made by them with police evidence? i would be interested to see a POLICE view of this. because it seems to me the council think the police and courts are wrong.
Another good point is whay have a sex offenders list if its not going to be adhered to for the safety of the public especially half of them at potential risk! I seriously cant beleive in my opinion that this should of been overlooked & why??? Im sure there are many good potential taxi drivers awaiting approval that haven't broken the law nor pose a risk to the public unlike in this case!
Old 16-03-2007, 10:54   #25
God Member

Quote:
He added: "This is his living. If he cannot work how can he feed his family and pay his mortgage?"
So if I am guilty of a sex offence in a private institution then it doesn't matter that it's my job lost, the council will employ me ?
Old 16-03-2007, 11:00   #26
I am Banned

Whats even more horrifying is that the incident of sex offence took place last August in A TAXI CAB towards a FEMALE CUSTOMER!!! [as from Observer report].

How can that justify his trustworthyness as a cab driver & how does this guy think others cope with having to live - like the victims of him!
Old 16-03-2007, 11:05   #27
I am Banned

Whats worse is that he has been legally able to pick up female passegers that would of been unaware of his past for the past 4 weeks!! according to the observer - that is out of order!
Old 16-03-2007, 11:23   #28
Senior Member+

Any one of us could have been in his taxi in the past 4 weeks. It makes me feel very vulnerable and quite frankly frightened. I really cant get my head around what the council were thinking. I agree it would be good to get a police point of view on this. But do people not think that the police will just bow down to what the council say.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 11:27   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly View Post
Any one of us could have been in his taxi in the past 4 weeks. It makes me feel very vulnerable and quite frankly frightened. I really cant get my head around what the council were thinking. I agree it would be good to get a police point of view on this. But do people not think that the police will just bow down to what the council say.
would hope not Lolly.but would be very interested to find out, always good to know how strong the opposition is.
Old 16-03-2007, 11:33   #30
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
The application to restore the licence was passed by four votes to one but Councillor Pritchard felt so strongly she asked for her vote against to be recorded.
Well done Claire, it's a shame you were the only one with common sence at the vote!!

« the sun today | tea »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..