Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2007, 21:43   #76
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Are You Safe In His Taxi

mr greg pope may share peoples concerns gayle,but did he say what he was going to do about it. after all hes the MP and gets well enough paid to represent people. this aint a pop at you gayle,well done for contacting him.
Old 16-03-2007, 21:51   #77
God Member

I put David Welsby's email earlier in the thread.

As for what Greg can do - nothing - he's not in charge of council decisions. However, he can add his voice to the weight of all the other voices which will make them review the decision.

Greg copied David Welsby in when he replied to me.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 22:04   #78
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I put David Welsby's email earlier in the thread.

sorry all i read was slinks askin for it ------------------------------As for what Greg can do - nothing - he's not in charge of council decisions. However, he can add his voice to the weight of all the other voices which will make them review the decision.--------------------i realise that he can, just hope he WILL.
Old 16-03-2007, 22:26   #79

Hello

Firstly, I'd really like to say how much I appreciate the support of the people on this site. I believe that my job as a councillor is first and foremost to act in the best interests of the people that I represent. I believeI made the best decision for people of the borough and I am proud that I brought this matter to the attention of Officers of the Council who could review this wrong decision. I must add though that it wasn't me who spoke to the press.
ClarePritchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 22:30   #80
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

welcome aboard clare and well done for having the bottle to go against these cretins.
Old 16-03-2007, 22:39   #81
Resident Waffler

Welcome to AccyWeb Clare and well done for standing up for what is right.You certainly did make the right decision and those who voted for this guy having his licence back should be ashamed of themselves.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 22:55   #82
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarePritchard View Post
Hello

Firstly, I'd really like to say how much I appreciate the support of the people on this site. I believe that my job as a councillor is first and foremost to act in the best interests of the people that I represent. I believeI made the best decision for people of the borough and I am proud that I brought this matter to the attention of Officers of the Council who could review this wrong decision. I must add though that it wasn't me who spoke to the press.
for this one action i will be voting for you just like i always voted for your dad .
get down to the fes tomorrow its free be a part of history cmonstanley
Old 16-03-2007, 22:58   #83
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Hello

Firstly Clare thank you very much for what you did, and I'm sure a lot of people will agree. More power to you.

Secondly welcome to Accy Web.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2007, 08:07   #84
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
I believe I made the best decision for people of the borough
I think you can see that we all think you made the right decision for us as well. I am amazed that the other committee members thought he should get his license back. I believe, and I think most people in Hyndburn would agree, that the rest of the committee should stand down, not only from their seat on the Licensing Committee but also from their positions as Ward Councillors.

This brings up something I have mentioned before. Should elected people be in a position to make decisions like this? What training is given/needed to be on such a committee?

Welcome to the site Clare, its nice to have another Councilor on the forum. I hope you will be able to help us out on some of the Council related topics that often crop up on here. To many of us, the inner workings of the Council is a mystery.
It us usual for new members to introduce themselves in the introduction forum here.
Old 17-03-2007, 08:32   #85
mez
God Member

i think its disgusting ...i will in future be using church ossy taxi's even though they are slightly dearer....

welcome clare to our forum hope you give more input to this site as other's do.
Old 17-03-2007, 10:37   #86
God Member

There's another similar case reported in this morning's Telegraph and from what I can see it's a different bloke.

This one works for CB radio cars - it says in the paper - I can't find the link though.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2007, 10:40   #87
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
There's another similar case reported in this morning's Telegraph and from what I can see it's a different bloke.

This one works for CB radio cars - it says in the paper - I can't find the link though.
saw the placards,not the paper, but what the hell, this lot with the exeption of clare,will let him carry on.
Old 17-03-2007, 10:47   #88
Senior Member+

If it is a different bloke its getting abit rediculous now.How long before the daily tabloids and tv news picks up on this and drags Accy down in the gutter even more
Old 17-03-2007, 10:58   #89
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

At least they don't let short bold blokes drive taxi's anymore
Old 17-03-2007, 11:17   #90
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Welcome Claire and thankyou for your decision, it appears to be the only sensible one. I rarely use taxis when I'm on my own but I shall certainly be using C&O from now on, if the need for a taxi arises.

I hope that this does affect the other Asian drivers, no disrespect to them because I know that the majority of these drivers are decent hardworking people but it may be the fastest way to sort out this problem. This man needs to be prevented from diving taxis and if the taxi business suffers as a result then maybe he will be prevented by his peers.

After all, if he was so concerned for his livelihood and family, he would not have touched up a female passenger in the first place.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote

« the sun today | tea »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..