Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-12-2009, 20:39   #136
Senior Member+

Re: Area Management Calendars 2010

It has nothing to do with who isn't on and everything to do with who rook the decision and why in the first place. Is that not obvious?
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-12-2009, 20:39   #137
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Would look pretty independent to me having all the Conservative, Labour and Independent councillors for the area together as originally planned before Labour withdrew.
Back to where we started Andrew. Labour Councillors didn't support the calendar because we thought that Council Tax Money could be better spent.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 20:39   #138
Senior Member+

It has nothing to do with who isn't on and everything to do with who took the decision and why in the first place. Is that not obvious?
Old 24-12-2009, 22:15   #139
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
It has nothing to do with who isn't on and everything to do with who took the decision and why in the first place. Is that not obvious?
If the calendar included all of the councillors, the decision to print it would be party political, but the actual calendar would not be party political. Now that Labour have withdrawn, the calendar appears party political as on some calendars there are only Conservative members. This means that the money is even more of a waste because residents are only getting half the picture.
Old 24-12-2009, 22:32   #140
Senior Member+

I think you're about there Andrew. People don't want Labour on it and don't want Cknserativ either. The fact that Conservatives are on and have printed it makes it party political and Labour Councillors were right IMO to stay away from this sort of cheap political propaganda on the rates. Lets spend the money on front line services.
Old 24-12-2009, 22:34   #141
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
If the calendar included all of the councillors, the decision to print it would be party political, but the actual calendar would not be party political. Now that Labour have withdrawn, the calendar appears party political as on some calendars there are only Conservative members. This means that the money is even more of a waste because residents are only getting half the picture.
ya do come wi some rubbish, more of a waste, it means just the same as initial waste, pathetic really. n fact not everyone got em makes it even more so.
Old 24-12-2009, 23:16   #142
God Member

Quote:
..and there's me thinkin that Labour could spin.."it's a waste because they only get half the picture" ..pure class!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 23:31   #143
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
ya do come wi some rubbish, more of a waste, it means just the same as initial waste, pathetic really. n fact not everyone got em makes it even more so.
The calendars are a waste of money. If all the councillors information on it would still be a waste of money.

The fact that they're being produced with only half of the information on to me seems like they're even more wasteful as they have even less value to residents.

If I give you a piece of paper with some councillors contact details on but not others, and a piece of paper with all the councillors on. I produced them at roughly the same cost - which one is more useful to you?
Old 24-12-2009, 23:37   #144
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Keep studying maybe one day sense will appear.
Old 24-12-2009, 23:38   #145
God Member

Quote:
Keep studying maybe one day sense will appear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb
If I give you a piece of paper with some councillors contact details on but not others, and a piece of paper with all the councillors on. I produced them at roughly the same cost - which one is more useful to you?
Are both pieces of paper the same use to you then?
Old 24-12-2009, 23:40   #146
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Are both pieces of paper the same use to you then?
none are of any use if not everyone gets one, but that don't seem to register to a tory.Robber baron (industrialist) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 24-12-2009, 23:42   #147
God Member

Quote:
The calendars are a waste of money. If all the councillors information on it would still be a waste of money.

The fact that they're being produced with only half of the information on to me seems like they're even more wasteful as they have even less value to residents.

If as you say it is a waste of money to distribute this rubbish in the first place then how can it be "an even more" waste of money if some council members are not on it?..it's a waste of money no matter how you lot dress it up.
Old 24-12-2009, 23:43   #148
God Member

Quote:
none are of any use if not everyone gets one, but that don't seem to register to a tory.Robber baron (industrialist) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I already said that the calendar is a waste of money. In the analogy the paper would also be a waste of money. What I'm asking is which piece of paper is more valuable or useful to you? You might well say 'neither are useful because I already know how to contact my councillor' which is quite valid, and why I think the calendars are a waste of time. However given that they have been produced and the money spent (which we both disagree with), which one is most useful?
Old 24-12-2009, 23:46   #149
God Member

The mind boggles at how a thread about a poxy calendar can generate so much interest. As I've said before on accyweb I'm just grateful politics was never my thing, don't think I could cope with all the petty arguing.
Old 24-12-2009, 23:53   #150
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
The mind boggles at how a thread about a poxy calendar can generate so much interest. As I've said before on accyweb I'm just grateful politics was never my thing, don't think I could cope with all the petty arguing.
It's the "calender war"..and it ain't poxy.. it's by proxy from the Tories cos it get shoved through yer door.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..