Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-12-2009, 22:01   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Area Management Calendars 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Presumably they don't agree with it because it's an unnecessary waste (at least that is why I don't agree with it). It's even more of a waste if it is produced but with only half the councillors on.
so therefore what yer advocating is they should allow themselves to be tarred with the same brush, to the ratepayers, so P.B. n his merry band don't look like its only them wasting money.
Old 18-12-2009, 22:07   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
so therefore what yer advocating is they should allow themselves to be tarred with the same brush, to the ratepayers, so P.B. n his merry band don't look like its only them wasting money.
No, you missed out the bit where I said 'they should shout from the rooftops' that they disagree with it.
Old 18-12-2009, 22:13   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
That's a bit OTT to say Labour has screwed the country. The UK is a much better place now than it was in 1997. Education, health care, civil liberties, immgration laws, the number of people in work, protection for those in work. There is a book somewhere entitled 300 Labour gains. It makes you think how easily we forget at times what has been done.
Are you living in the same UK as me? I certainly don't see the UK to be a much better place than it was in 1997.
Old 18-12-2009, 22:16   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
No, you missed out the bit where I said 'they should shout from the rooftops' that they disagree with it.
that is not much use as a tactic, many do not buy the local press these days. a good soldier knows when to retreat,
Old 18-12-2009, 22:51   #50

The actual costs of the calendars are as follows -Baxenden £305.00, Huncoat £316.00,
Rishton £355.00, Great Harwood £448.00, Oswaldtwistle £533.00. These areas all have an Area Management Council (which is a new name for Area Councils). This does not include any delivery costs.

None of the following Area Management Boards are having calendars are having calendars - East Accrington, Church and Central. Springhill, Clayton and Altham. This is because the board members voted not to have the calendars. The boards are made up of the ward councillors plus members of the public.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2009, 04:00   #51
Full Member+

Seems to be a waste of money to me if most people throw them away
US Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2009, 08:33   #52
Resting in Peace

Quote:
That's a bit OTT to say Labour has screwed the country. The UK is a much better place now than it was in 1997. Education, health care, civil liberties, immgration laws, the number of people in work, protection for those in work. There is a book somewhere entitled 300 Labour gains. It makes you think how easily we forget at times what has been done.
And that's only the Civil Servants on telephone number salaries, in fact that's being generous there are over 800,000 more civil servants now than in 1997, no doubt the book, if it exists, was written my pinky and perky, or other words Mandy and Campbell. Eduction, Health Care, Civil Liberties and Immigration laws Notice you didn't mention the Trillion pond debt we've been saddled with, or the two Illegal wars Blair lied through his teeth to get use into. Considering this Government inherited the best economic figures of any incoming government in history, says all you need to know about them and their achievements, they'll be leaving a dogs breakfast of an economy behind them. Mind you it must be great living on planet Graham, where your always right and everybody else is wrong
Old 19-12-2009, 08:50   #53
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Mind you it must be great living on planet Graham, where your always right and everybody else is wrong

May I correct you on one small point?

I am the one who is also right
Old 19-12-2009, 09:02   #54
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
May I correct you on one small point?

I am the one who is also right
We know that Neil, but this is in Grahams own mind
Old 19-12-2009, 10:46   #55
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
And that's only the Civil Servants on telephone number salaries, in fact that's being generous there are over 800,000 more civil servants now than in 1997, no doubt the book, if it exists, was written my pinky and perky, or other words Mandy and Campbell. Eduction, Health Care, Civil Liberties and Immigration laws Notice you didn't mention the Trillion pond debt we've been saddled with, or the two Illegal wars Blair lied through his teeth to get use into. Considering this Government inherited the best economic figures of any incoming government in history, says all you need to know about them and their achievements, they'll be leaving a dogs breakfast of an economy behind them. Mind you it must be great living on planet Graham, where your always right and everybody else is wrong
Right i am at a loss to know what constitutes a "Legal War"? please explain? whilst i agree Blair lied to the british public, What makes a war Illegal or Legal? personally i think that term is just more bull used by the media/tory sycophants, unless of coarse WW2 was a legal one? when the government of the time,forget who that was had Germany bombed with "Leaflets" first so as to hopefully save their investments in german factories. is it that makes it legal?
Old 19-12-2009, 11:04   #56
Resting in Peace

Just received a hand delivered Christmas Card from Miles Parkinson. A lovely snow scene depicting Altham Parish Church .. with a mug shot of Miles and Graham Jones (shirt and tie) on the inside.

Has useful numbers on the inside, with a calendar on the back.

Does also state .. "Paid for by Graham Jones and Miles Parkinson - please recycle" ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2009, 11:13   #57
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Does also state .. "Paid for by Graham Jones and Miles Parkinson - please recycle" ...
The most eco thing to do would be give the card back to Miles so he can send it someone else next year. You would save all that energy and green house gas release by recycling the card into a new one.
Old 19-12-2009, 13:52   #58
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Right i am at a loss to know what constitutes a "Legal War"? please explain? whilst i agree Blair lied to the british public, What makes a war Illegal or Legal? personally i think that term is just more bull used by the media/tory sycophants, unless of coarse WW2 was a legal one? when the government of the time,forget who that was had Germany bombed with "Leaflets" first so as to hopefully save their investments in german factories. is it that makes it legal?
Its not me that called it an illegal war cashy, twas some labour PMS supporting the Stop the War Coalition, I'm merely using the term
Old 19-12-2009, 14:14   #59
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Its not me that called it an illegal war cashy, twas some labour PMS supporting the Stop the War Coalition, I'm merely using the term
well silly cashy, misunderstanding yer post were ya said it, should have known ya normally quote Labour.
Old 20-12-2009, 04:42   #60
God Member

Quote:
There is a book somewhere entitled 300 Labour gains. It makes you think how easily we forget at times what has been done.
Think if you use the search button you will also find a thread about a comic book called "Billy's Weekly Liar"
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..