Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-03-2013, 08:39   #31
God Member

Re: Aren't you glad you voted for this numpty?

Jaysay is just promoting his own image again.

http://www.yodaspeak.co.uk/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yoda_detail.jpg (22.4 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by MargaretR; 19-03-2013 at 08:41.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-03-2013, 08:44   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Me no understand? would that be Tory speak?
No its just a different way of say I'm bored with pathetic excuses, from a bloke who milked this site for all it was worth on his way up the greasy poll, but only appears when he thinks he has something to gain. I opened a thread about HBCs incompetence, no doubt he'll have missed it
BERNADETTE likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 08:50   #33
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
No its just a different way of say I'm bored with pathetic excuses, from a bloke who milked this site for all it was worth on his way up the greasy poll, but only appears when he thinks he has something to gain. I opened a thread about HBCs incompetence, no doubt he'll have missed it
Jaysay strikes again....

Answers are given and they're labelled as excuses.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 09:01   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
Jaysay strikes again....

Answers are given and they're labelled as excuses.
Are they, I'm still waiting for an answer to a question I asked on Saturday Morning, as yet you don't seem to want to answer it, funny that
Old 19-03-2013, 09:14   #35
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post

I have said it before but just take media reports with a pinch of salt, they are rarely verbatim accounts.
Now surely that is something we can all agree on whatever our "political" stance .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 21:59   #36

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Our Graham..he's a real star...

Responding on twitter to someone who pointed out that newspaper sales of the Sun have fallen by almost 10%, he tweets this pearl of wisdom..

'Dramatically falling newspaper sales not helped by people not believing what they read. TV regulation for press would help.'

Hey Graham...mind giving us your insight on falling voter turnout? Do you think TV regulation would help?

e.g....

If MP's fail to comply with their election promises, they lose their MP status, like broadcasters who fail to comply lose their broadcasting rights.

If MP's fail to be impartial to political party and vote according to the wishes of their constituents, they lose their MP status, like broadcasters who fail to be impartial lose their broadcasting rights.

Then again, maybe the falling newspaper sales are down to people being fed up with stories about Justin Beiber, One Direction and Simon Cowell and get their information from selectively surfing the net.

Talk about an out of touch MP.........
Old 08-09-2013, 08:20   #37
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post

Responding on twitter to someone who pointed out that newspaper sales of the Sun have fallen by almost 10%, he tweets this pearl of wisdom..

'Dramatically falling newspaper sales not helped by people not believing what they read. TV regulation for press would help.'

Hey Graham...mind giving us your insight on falling voter turnout? Do you think TV regulation would help?

e.g....

If MP's fail to comply with their election promises, they lose their MP status, like broadcasters who fail to comply lose their broadcasting rights.

If MP's fail to be impartial to political party and vote according to the wishes of their constituents, they lose their MP status, like broadcasters who fail to be impartial lose their broadcasting rights.

Then again, maybe the falling newspaper sales are down to people being fed up with stories about Justin Beiber, One Direction and Simon Cowell and get their information from selectively surfing the net.

Talk about an out of touch MP.........
Come on Guinness cut Graham some slack, he's never been in touch, after all he's only voting fodder for Mr. Ed, when Ed says jump the only question he ask's is how high great one The only local MP I know who voted against his party policy was Ken Hargreaves who refused to back the Community Charge, even under immense pressure from the whips office, mind you Ken became MP to represent the people of Hyndburn not to further his own political ambitions, unlike others.
Old 08-09-2013, 19:28   #38
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:

'Dramatically falling newspaper sales not helped by people not believing what they read. TV regulation for press would help.'.
I wonder why the original tweeter picked on the Sun, it is still the UK's most read newspaper according to the Press Gazette in this link NRS figures say Sun is the most read UK newspaper in print and online | Press Gazette
Old 08-09-2013, 19:31   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

A walk around most town centres these days will tell yeh why its the most read paper.
Old 08-09-2013, 22:07   #40

yes rishton has BB1 as its postcode and is regarded as Blackburn for car insurance purposes and so is heavily loaded as a major claim fraud area by certain members of the Blackburn area who are constantly looking to make money out of all parts of the system,
jack preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:40   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack preston View Post
yes rishton has BB1 as its postcode and is regarded as Blackburn for car insurance purposes and so is heavily loaded as a major claim fraud area by certain members of the Blackburn area who are constantly looking to make money out of all parts of the system,
despite very few been allowed to settle there lol

mind you i see the shops are creeping in and teh takeaways so it wont be long now

cant burn em out liek the good old days eh

awww come on everyone knows what used to happen if you tried selling your house to ethnics in rishton its hardly news lol

jesus if your white and not from rishton and move there it took years to get spoken to unless you were a councilor or more important such as a pub landlord

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 09-09-2013 at 01:43.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 23:29   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Is our MP for real?

When there was talk of merging constituencies..he kicked and screamed because it might have affected the gravy train that he is on. Now he thinks its a good idea to merge local councils to save money.

MP?s super-council plan comes under fire - Accrington Observer

I've suspected for some time that Jones has a god complex, but now I'm convinced that he's touched in the head and totally lost the plot.

Lets take a quote of his...

“In times of austerity we have to think about working collaboratively. We have six finance officers and six heads of legal service, plus chief executives, plus a whole host of bureaucrats down at Preston.”

Let me fix that for him....

'In times of austerity we have to think about working collaboratively. We have umpteen MP's representing East Lancashire, plus umpteen associated hangers on, plus umpteen private secretaries, plus a whole host of bureaucrats down at Westminster'

Hey Ken..what do you think of your hero now that he's attempting to stab his own local party councillors and constituents in the back?

Anyone of ANY political persuasion that puts an 'X' against this self serving buffoons name next time is certifiable. He is to the electorate of Hyndburn what Venkys are to the supporters of Blackburn Rovers or what Pol Pot was to the Cambodians...an abomination!
There is no substance and your main argument is based on personal abuse. Hyndburn's future should be based on intelligence. The majority of people will read the above post and learn nothing.

Hyndburn is a great place and I'll continue to be a strong advocate to make things better for constituents and the borough.

Good luck with your personal abuse.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 23:41   #43
Senior Member+

The debate about County Hall (72%) and the Districts (15%) is important. There is foi t there is duplication neither is their any doubt that the County element is remote.

Britain has a significant number of unitary authorities, all the metropolitan areas. It is also clear that they are be fitting significantly from City deals and that having two authorities causes confusion and when they compete with each other provide a disservice.

There is no doubt that we are paying several people to do the same job and Hyndburn has merged some services with Blackburn and Rossendale.

If we want deep cuts we have to make tough decisions. The luxury of multiple people doing the same job in each area is costly and cutting front line services to protect these 'multiple senior highly paid jobs' is not the choice I would make.

If we want strong leadership, if we want 72% of services brought back to East Lancashire, if we want to end multiple high paid jobs, have 60 just councillors instead of 300, to be taken seriously by government and be able to lobby government, then we need a unitary east lancs council.

Some would disagree but I'd be interested in the rational for keeping the status quo.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 00:24   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post

Hyndburn is a great place and I'll continue to be a strong advocate to make things better for constituents and the borough.

please dont feel that you must

infact take a trip to saint annes theres is a relativly short pier which is ideal for takling long walks along
ClaretLad76 likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:27   #45
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I can accept Grahams comments on saving cost but is that all we want?
The current services we receive are not up to standard now and I would worry that services would not improve if we became a big unitary authority. You only have to look at Blackburn to see they have the same problems we do. The roads are a mess and their parks are not looked after well enough - 2 issues we have in Hyndburn that are obvious for all to see as you walk/drive around the Borough. Becoming a unitary authority did not solve those issues for them. Many people from Darwen I speak with feel they are neglected more now than before the merger.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..